What am I doing wrong here?

Bypass the waste of time that is sending messages.
Ask for their number when you first get talking and from their response alone, you will know if they are really interested. If you don’t get their number it is equally as great as getting a number because you saved yourself wasting time with someone not interested.

If you do get the number, call for a date and forget messages or line. You will slowly be digging your own grave even before a first date by sending messages.
The first date should be at most 1 hour. There you can find out is she meets your standards. Make sure it is just a coffee, as you don’t want to waste money on a potential nutter or gold digger or serial dater for example.

Let’s be honest, it’s all about the BMW. My interest and passion is my bike, I don’t see myself taking a girl up the mountain on it, she’ll have to settle for the scooter that’s 10 years old and bought at half the price of my bike hahaaaa.

OP, when you up your emoji game, you also gotta up your LINE stickers game. Back in the day when LINE started to get popular, we had little options for stickers, now you can have so many stickers that you don’t even remember you had them!

Go for the ones that have a sound clip AND are a gif, chicks dig that.[/quote]

I had a rough patch where my best friend died and other personal stuff happened, and ended up getting my license suspended. I took off a year of college and moved to florida to get my shit straight. I didn’t even have a bike, I rode the bus in florida where one comes every 30mins. I was dating one of the hottest girls yet from a completely new town. And I wouldn’t say I’m a guy thats extremely good looking. We worked together, and we were friends first. She had a boyfriend that shes been with since she was like 16. At this time, I was broke a f. I was cut off at 20, and no good job would hire me. I worked at a small restaurant. She ended up breaking up with her bf since they were having trouble. I noticed every time she was sad or upset and would ask her about it and just try to relate instead of fixing it or being a shoulder to cry on. She ended up with me right after she broke up with her because of that. I remember she texted me after and asked me if I wanted to do something, I was broke so not a lot of options. We worked at a Mediterranean place with hookahs so we just hang out on the balcony and smoked. It ended up raining like crazy, and it was like a sign from God, take her to a secondary location. I knew a hotel restaurant that played jazz where my friend worked at and gave him a heads up. I was 20 she was 19 so he was able to hook us up with alcohol. I didn’t drink bc, it actually fucks up your game, if you need it as a confidence booster youre a chump. Again, free drinks from my friend, I didn’t spend a single dime at this point and was still able to have a fun date. I took her to the outside terrace and talked there. I didn’t go aggressive on her and she actually said something about that. She was like most guys would take advantage of her by this point and try to hook up with her. I knew I had her at this point. She wouldn’t even mention that if she didn’t think of me that way. So I went in for a kiss after a few more mins and asked her if she wanted to get out of there. And the rest is rated R so you see how I can get around with a buss pass and it doesn’t matter.

Later I asked her why she wanted to be with me. Some of the things she said was, I spoke intelligently and she noticed that especially talking to customers. I seem well educated and knew a lot of thing not just from school. I was ambitious and would talk about my dreams and goals. I was interesting. Actually when I left Florida, she actually signed up to get her GED because she saw how I was. We are still friends till this day.

And she was from peru, ugh so sexy with her nice ass and breast. Like a hour glass. I spoke a little Spanish so it helped also. This just shows you that it’s not impossible to date girls outside of your culture.

‘Bitch be all like, ordering a muffin, so I wuz outta there.’

Be sure and masturbate before going out on a date. Keeps the pipes clean.

Also, try not to pick at the scabs.

Let’s be honest, it’s all about the BMW. My interest and passion is my bike, I don’t see myself taking a girl up the mountain on it, she’ll have to settle for the scooter that’s 10 years old and bought at half the price of my bike hahaaaa.

OP, when you up your emoji game, you also gotta up your LINE stickers game. Back in the day when LINE started to get popular, we had little options for stickers, now you can have so many stickers that you don’t even remember you had them!

Go for the ones that have a sound clip AND are a gif, chicks dig that.[/quote]

I had a rough patch where my best friend died and other personal stuff happened, and ended up getting my license suspended. I took off a year of college and moved to florida to get my shit straight. I didn’t even have a bike, I rode the bus in florida where one comes every 30mins. I was dating one of the hottest girls yet from a completely new town. And I wouldn’t say I’m a guy thats extremely good looking. We worked together, and we were friends first. She had a boyfriend that shes been with since she was like 16. At this time, I was broke a f. I was cut off at 20, and no good job would hire me. I worked at a small restaurant. She ended up breaking up with her bf since they were having trouble. I noticed everything she was sad or upset and would ask her about it and just try to relate instead of fixing it or being a shoulder to cry on. She ended up with me right after she broke up with her because of that. I remember she texted me after and asked me if I wanted to do something, I was broke so not a lot of options. We worked at a Mediterranean place with hookahs so we just hang out on the balcony and smoked. It ended up raining like crazy, and it was like a sign from God, take her to a secondary location. I knew a hotel restaurant that played jazz where my friend worked at and gave him a heads up. I was 20 she was 19 so he was able to hook us up with alcohol. I didn’t drink bc, it actually fucks up your game, if you need it as a confidence booster youre a chump. Again, free drinks from my friend, I didn’t spend a single dime at this point and was still able to have a fun date. I took her to the outside terrace and talked there. I didn’t go aggressive on her and she actually said something about that. She was like most guys would take advantage of her by this point and try to hook up with her. I knew I had her at this point. She wouldn’t even mention that if she didn’t think of me that way. So I went in for a kiss after a few more mins and asked her if she wanted to get out of there. And the rest is rated R so you see how I can get around with a buss pass and it doesn’t matter.

Later I asked her why she wanted to be with me. Some of the things she said was, I spoke intelligently and she noticed that especially talking to customers. I seem well educated and knew a lot of thing not just from school. I was ambitious and would talk about my dreams and goals. I was interesting. Actually when I left Florida, she actually signed up to get her GED because she saw how I was. We are still friends till this day.

And she was from peru, ugh so sexy with her nice ass and breast. Like a hour glass. I spoke a little Spanish so it helped also. This just shows you that it’s not impossible to date girls outside of your culture.[/quote]

lols another story of andrew showcasing his superior skills on dating foreign women.

[quote=“cake”]
If you do get the number, call for a date and forget messages or line. You will slowly be digging your own grave even before a first date by sending messages.
The first date should be at most 1 hour. There you can find out is she meets your standards. Make sure it is just a coffee, as you don’t want to waste money on a potential nutter or gold digger or serial dater for example.[/quote]

Totally disagree. Why should you limit yourself to 1 hour? How much can you know about a person with one hour? There’s nothing wrong with sending texts, especially with younger girls these days the OP is going after. They are not used to talking on the phone much. I do call girls over 25+ more.

Stop with the idea that women are good diggers and such. If she is, it’s easily noticeable. Coffee? Thats boring a f. Don’t do that unless it’s a chic coffee shop.

And the post I made earlier is not to show off, it’s to show that some posters on here have a fundamentally misunderstanding of how to get with women. Sure money and nice cars can help. But how many 2nd gen in Taiwan do you see go to KTV and get played by those KTV girls for months. I know plenty. I’m simply showing that attraction to you as a person not what you possess is a real thing. Women do care about the future, so theres a difference between a bum who has a bus pass to a ambitious person with a bus pass. Same with a bum with a BMW and a competent person with a BMW.

At least this thread has turned funny.

Let’s be honest, it’s all about the BMW. My interest and passion is my bike[/quote]

Lance Armstrong says it’s not about the bike. So the OP should be able to pick up chicks on a U-bike, or even on one of those old beaters with a CD wired to the vegetable-carry basket.

‘Bitch be all like, ordering a muffin, so I was outta there.’[/quote]

A guy I know did a classic to a women like this. He noticed on their first date she was a taker. But, they met again. They went to a bar. She complained about the food so, she suggested another place. They went in and she ordered everything off the menu. He knew there and then she was history. She was not suitable. A taker. He told the waiter that they would have separate tabs. At the end of the night the bill came and she was shocked of course. She paid her bill and stormed off. He shouted, ‘we should do this again sometime’.

[quote=“Andrew0409”][quote=“cake”]
The first date should be at most 1 hour. There you can find out is she meets your standards. Make sure it is just a coffee, as you don’t want to waste money on a potential nutter or gold digger or serial dater for example.[/quote]

Totally disagree. Why should you limit yourself to 1 hour? How much can you know about a person with one hour? There’s nothing wrong with sending texts, especially with younger girls these days the OP is going after. They are not used to talking on the phone much. I do call girls over 25+ more.

Stop with the idea that women are good diggers and such. If she is, it’s easily noticeable. Coffee? Thats boring a f. Don’t do that unless it’s a chic coffee shop.[/quote]

The simple date will weed out gold diggers. I never said they all are. A good woman would not complain about going to a coffee shop on a first date.
Calling a number also gauges how interested they are. Non of that waiting around for a message that they sometimes say never arrived. The younger girls not being used to a call (which doesn’t hold water to me) is precisely he reason why you should call, because most chumps would never call. They text with the other 20 guys texting her at that moment…

One hour is enough to find out if she is suitable to consider for another date where you would not do a coffee shop thing. But, boring is what you make it. Not the location.
If I go on say 4 or 5 dates in one day, I won’t waste my time and money on expensive first dates. Most of them I won’t see again.
Regarding texting etc. If you feel comfortable sending 10-50 messages a day to someone (or more)(who you haven’t even met on a date) then good for you. Once they start, and you respond, that won’t end. And it doesn’t keep future dates fresh.
If Ryan Gosling told a woman, I want to look into your eyes when we communicate (a woman will cotton on he prefers not doing texts). Do you think she’d complain?
And a woman you will be with would have to put you up there with the likes of him or you are with the wrong woman.

Oh, Sheesh!
This thread most certainly sorts,
The players from the stayers.
Mister Allwin in a BMW, becomes Oddwin with a bus-pass.

He can get the chicks, it’s easy to;
Only if he has the know-how.

You can buy my book, and learn techniques,
To get you into hoe now.

Pre-order here: ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Disclaimer: this is a satirical poem that employs sarcasm and irony. It is not meant to be taken at face-value, nor as a personal attack on anyone in particular. I have neither written a book on the subject, nor endorsed any. Like most of my posts, it constitutes a metafiction.

There are some other advice I think that would help you.
When you get the number, text back right away. I know some people say that may make you look desperate but from my experience, i disagree. As soon as you get the number, given there mutual interest, the race of her losing her interest in you is on. Every min gives her a time to forget her interaction with you to her giving your number or find reasons to dismiss you. You NEED to keep the flame going until the date. I usually say something funny, or maybe save a compliment, like “btw, you have the such cute dimples, can’t wait to see you on blank” And keep the flame alive, but obviously don’t over do it after the initial text.

Other advice could be you set a date for a mutual interest, give her a challenge. Like, I met a girl that liked going to the gun range, I dismiss her abilities and set a date as a competition or something. Or for you, maybe since youre a foreigner, say something after getting her number, say something silly like ohh, I bet you couldn’t handle going on a date with a lao wai. Or think or something else, make her want to prove something. Lots of cute ways to do this.

Okay, I read the original post to my wife and sister-in-law (admittedly from a different generation) and filled in some of the details based on later posts. For what it’s worth, they thought that maybe the problem was that asking women you don’t know very well out on dates is a little weird and potentially dangerous for the girl. (I reminded them it was just for coffee, but still…) When I asked them what they thought you should do, they said you should get to know them better before asking them out. I pointed out that in most cases, you would never get the chance to get to know them better, if they’re women you just met in passing. At that point they moved on to other things. Maybe I should put the original question on an exam, so you could have university-age women answer it!

umm, it is not for every women to be indirect when saying no because they always adapt the most direct method -- ACTION.
EASIER DONE THAN SAY :noway:

Easier said than done?

I dont know this has its own thread, do you guys approach chicks or try hookup at the gym? ? There’s some chicks and alot of old women when I go but I feel like if I approach some one, I will just get stared at by old ladies and personal trainers. And what if it doesn’t work out and then I have to change gyms

Wifey went to the local Apple store to get her iphone fixed. Guy behind her started chatting her up. Very quickly went to “can I have your number?”. She said “oh my phone is broken, i don’t know my number sorry”. :slight_smile:

She said she might have given her number if:

1. she was single
  2. the guy dressed nicely
  3. the guy was too soon in asking for her number

So of course what appeals to one gal may not appeal to another. The grunge look may appeal to other ladies. So this guy probably goes around asking girls their number where-ever he meets them, so he might have some success.

So a few pointers might be:

Dress nicely (smell good probably helps)
Have something witty to say
Take the opportunity at the opportune moment
Numbers, you may only succeed after 100 attempts but if you don’t attempt you will fail with every 1000 non-attempts.
And…the girl has to like you to even get that 1 out of a 100. You do have to be likable.

I’m sure she was flattered, but who exchanges numbers nowadays? Friend each other on FB so you can stalk them and see, if they’re a girl, look good in a bikini, if it’s a guy, looks good with their shirt off. :laughing:

I’m sure she was flattered, but who exchanges numbers nowadays? Friend each other on FB so you can stalk them and see, if they’re a girl, look good in a bikini, if it’s a guy, looks good with their shirt off. :laughing:[/quote]

Yeah digits are old fashion. And yes she was flattered. I suppose nowadays peeps ask for their whatsap, and yeah FB I guess. BUt I think FB is getting old fashioned.

Better to ask for an email i think than digits. As a girl may feel less threatened giving an email?

LINE, in Taiwan most people got LINE. You do not have to give your number, just QR code. And delete if so required, breaking all lines of communication.

the blocks are handed out willy nilly! i’ve had plenty. don’t chat for a few days? oh how about a block!

OP… if you want… post a field report with details on the next interaction that fails. I’ll do my best to interpret it.
Might be a rookie mistake you are over looking, or something deeper.