What are my chances of being denied of a resident visa?

Hi! I am from the Philippines, I studied Master’s degree in Taiwan last 2013, but then last year (2014), I suspended my studies due to a personal problem in my family. Now, I want to study again in Taiwan but in a different university, so I am going to apply again for a resident visa, I am afraid maybe the Taiwan embassy here in the Philippines will deny my application. What are the chances? Thank you!

Surely the best way to find out is to just apply and see what happens?

There’s no knowing how the minds of immigration officials work, in any country. But since you’ve been here before and (I assume?) did not violate any of the terms of your visa, there’s no obvious reason why you shouldn’t get another one.

Yes I have been to Taiwan many times as a tourist and as a student(which is what I’m talkin’ about). What do you mean by violating any visa rules? Can you give an example? So far, the only thing I feel of any violation is by suspending my studies and terminating my resident visa??? Is that considered as a violation? Sorry for the dumb question.

If you went through the proper procedures (immigration and university were notified and did all the requisite paper-shuffling) then everything should be fine. I’ve never had a student visa, but with an ARC there are certain rules that you have to comply with, and you should have had these explained to you when your student visa was issued. Mostly these are very simple things, like letting the immigration office know your residential address whenever you move.

Basically, if you just hopped on a plane without telling anyone, you’re probably screwed.

That really answers my question, thank you very much!!!

What masters degree are you currently taking btw if i may ask?