What are you listening to? (Part 3)

I’m making my way through the entire discography of Pavement. Nerdy nerd shoe-gazing indie music for nerdy English geeks and snobby slacker wordsmiths (and dorky history bookworms who have an affinity for the Revolutionary War and jangly rock with lazy riffs). Thick black rimmed glasses are a must while listening. A tattered sweater and/or ironic T-shirt optional.

Rock on.

P.S. Obscured by Clouds is Pink Floyd’s greatest album. You can have your Dark Side of the Moon. I don’t want it.

P.P.S. I’m a nerd.

Fairport Convention’s Liege & Lief. I really like Sandy Denny’s voice.

I love that!

‘It’ll never be said in fair England I slew a naked man!’

Oops, you clearly weren’t there back in the day. Pavement weren’t “gazing” (Wikipedia entry here; lame Forumosa thread started by yours truly [url=Shoegaze?

Funny thing about Pavement for me: I’ve always liked them, but I could never actually listen to a whole album in one sitting. It was always one or two tracks here and there that sufficed. Though I think their last, Terror Twilight, was their best. I could always listen to the first five tracks on that one in a row.

Terror Twilight was the soundtrack to the immediate post-9/21 era for me. For some reason I can’t explain, I found it soothing while the ground was rumbling beneath me in a tent outside a temple.

Hurdy Gurdy Man by Donovan, an eclectic slice of psychedelia, folk and jazz from 1968

dead kennedys police truck saturday night holocaust and pull my strings, then because you posted that rolling stones we love you :slight_smile:

The Kinks Are the Village Green Preservation Society

Heart and Soul from Cult’s Ceremony

tw.youtube.com/watch?v=98brAEwQECc

Sweet Soul Sister from Sonic Temple
tw.youtube.com/watch?v=nNobN73F2JY

Good memories…Love these tunes :bravo:

I’m going through a Pink Floyd stage myself lately. And the Egales, but that phase has lasted at least 20 years straight so far.

In particular, this song, and this one are almost holdind me hostage these days.

The complete Tom Waits discography. You guys are losing BIG TIME!

I really dig the band Mute Math. I heard thier CD last year and thought it was consistently good.

Excellent drummer, cool vocals, and very immersive songwriting style. They sound like they combine alot of eras from The Police, to U2, and Pink FLoyd.

Kind of a nice mix of stuff and the singer is talented.

I really like the singer, Thalia, and used to sing along with her cd’s a lot. I’ve been inspired lately to improve my Spanish againa and have been looking up some of my favs of hers online. I’d never seen the videos. I just had to share because I’m so impressed with this bra and this one seems down right lethal!

Those are two of my faves to sing along with, but the bras in the video were really inspired! Enjoy!

This is just a little bit, an intro to a song, but I just LOVE it! That’s my friend rockin’ the hell out of that flute.

http://www.imeem.com/people/yhvwC5K/music/tqByVNtX/hijo_calambre_mucha_flauta_dannymp3/

Dresden Dolls. Self described Brechtian Punk Cabaret

youtube.com/watch?v=sO5APfKnR50

youtube.com/watch?v=BpeWHPtviFQ

Young Americans and Hunky Dory by David Bowie.

oh yeah and riot

Man, “Plastic Surgery Disasters” is one of my favourite albums of all time.

I’ve gone retro-me. A crap quality Hole bootleg, from when they were supporting Daisy Chainsaw, 10 000 years ago.

Jethro Tull - Aqualung

Big :thumbsup:

Had some Bad Religion thumping tonight.