What Are You Watching (TV Series, etc.)? :facebook:

Sheepish to say but I binged it all in a day and change. How did you think it stacks up to the previous seasons?[/quote]

So far ( I am only on episode 6), I don’t like it as much as the other two seasons…it’s not as sleazy as the other seasons (not as much violence and sex) :laughing: . Was a real fan of the British series with Ian Richardson. While I like Spacey, he’s no Richardson. :2cents:

I’m just rewatching it now. It’s really creepy. In his fourth wall stuff, he speaks to the audience in the same way as he speaks to his women: ‘Do you trust me?’. :laughing:

The Shakespearean stuff is more overt too.

I can’t handle the terrible attempts at regional accents. :cry:[/quote]

Aw, they aren’t that bad. It’s pretty tough to do Edwardian Brum and traveler. Cillian Murphy’s Irish, ferchrissakes. Sam Neil does the mental Ulsterman thing quite well: like a kind of hammed up Ian Paisley. :laughing:[/quote]

Best drama show of 2014. Fact

Comedy/Sports: A League Of Their Own with James Corden. A sports version of Top Gear but better[/quote]

Fargo was in 2014. That was much better.

If you are British then you might try 8 out of ten cats does countdown. I love it. Jimmy Carr, Sean Lock and Joe Wilkinson are all on it, as are Rachel Riley and Susie Dent. It’s essentially idiot countdown. The other stand out comedy show for me is House of Fools which is a Vic and Bob show. Toast of London, by Matt Berry, is also worth a crack as it is highly surreal and has very little narrative.

Better Call Saul.

Spin-off from Breaking Bad but don’t let that put you off. It’s a grower.

Anyone here watched/ is watching the UK Office or Sopranos?

Sopranos?

It’s a great series but it’s final seasons has been released like 5~6 years ago already!

Re-watched it for second time not too long ago though!

That shouldn’t really matter. “Why are you reading that novel?! It was published like 10 years ago!” Sounds strange, right? (Or at least I hope it sounds strange!)

To read “sopranos”, simply bring back some good old memories, when I was expecting to read about something newer.

But sure, speaking of it, I’m now considering to binge watch the whole sopranos once more!

Better Call Saul!

Another vote for Fargo, more a reimagining than a retread of the movie, which was also outstanding. Billy Bob Thornton, who I’m usually indifferent to, is excellent as the killer.

[quote=“smileymiley”]Better Call Saul.

Spin-off from Breaking Bad but don’t let that put you off. It’s a grower.[/quote]

Yes and yes! Carries a lighter tone than BB, but def has its dramatic moments as well.

I’ve found myself looking forward to Monday nights when I get to hang out with Saul and Mike again.

Community S6 on Yahoo! Solid comedy, glad it’s back.

Thanks for recommending that. I wasn’t really going to watch, but I enjoyed the first two episodes more than I thought I would. Not great, but as you say - solid. Plus in Episode 2 I thought Chang was actually funny for the first time in forever.

Thanks for recommending that. I wasn’t really going to watch, but I enjoyed the first two episodes more than I thought I would. Not great, but as you say - solid. Plus in Episode 2 I thought Chang was actually funny for the first time in forever.[/quote]
Yep, worth at least three meowmeowbeenz! :wink:

In other news - Better Call Saul keeps getting better!

[quote=“Rockefeller”]
In other news - Better Call Saul keeps getting better![/quote]

Started on that now!

Man Seeking Woman on FXx for those who don’t mind downloading their shows. Obscure channel and they really should bump it up to the papa channel FX perhaps after Louie for the 2nd season.

It’s a very surreal look at dating life. Pretty darn funny. I’ve only watched 5 episodes and so far there are a lot of laugh out loud jokes.

Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=KS3Ivxx_cYY

[quote=“Tempo Gain”][quote=“Rockefeller”]
In other news - Better Call Saul keeps getting better![/quote]

Started on that now![/quote]

That third one was pretty contrived lol. Still somewhat compelling. And Mike is in it. Reminds me of breaking bad :slight_smile:

Working my way through the 2nd season of Community. It’s so absurd as to be funny.

Shameless!

Emmy Rossum is my goddess