What Are You Watching (TV Series, etc.)? :facebook:

[quote=“Baas Babelaas”]Where can I find this Master of None? I love the entire cast of P&R.

It’s not on EZTV…[/quote]

It’s on Netflix. It’s pretty damn funny, especially relatable if you come from an asian background. You do realize the EZTV is no more right? They got their website hijacked so they called it quits.

Huh? So when I go to EZTV now, what am I looking at? I know the domain suffix keeps changing, but that seems to have become normal for those kinds of sites.

Not that I, ahem, do anything on such sites other than browse them.

With the good press around “Jessica Jones” and “Master of None”, I’ve actually become enthusiastic about Netflix’s supposed opening early next year.

They are scammers. Probably safer not to use it.
https://torrentfreak.com/eztv-shuts-down-after-hostile-takeover-150518/

Watched the first season of Master of None over the last couple of days - good stuff. Look forward to Season 2.

For the record you guys, Jessica Jones and Master of None are indeed on Netflix. The service is also like $7.99 a month. Unlimited streaming with subscription. A good deal to boot, and an even better deal with the influx of quality original content such as the two shows mentioned.

C’mon. I have student/car loans too. Sometimes I stream stuff on youtube/vimeo/websites as well if they really aren’t available on official channels (since I’ve replaced my TV out for a laptop). But 8 bucks a month to support your favorite filmmakers with their means of living, all through one super convenient website. Did I mention it’s super convenient? It’s easy and convenient. That’s honestly a fair deal you guys.

[quote=“Rockefeller”]For the record you guys, Jessica Jones and Master of None are indeed on Netflix. The service is also like $7.99 a month. Unlimited streaming with subscription. A good deal to boot, and an even better deal with the influx of quality original content such as the two shows mentioned.

C’mon. I have student/car loans too. Sometimes I stream stuff on youtube/vimeo/websites as well if they really aren’t available on official channels (since I’ve replaced my TV out for a laptop). But 8 bucks a month to support your favorite filmmakers with their means of living, all through one super convenient website. Did I mention it’s super convenient? It’s easy and convenient. That’s honestly a fair deal you guys.[/quote]

No go with Netflix in China. Dodgy internet, slowed down when the VPN’s running. Have no beef supporting Netflix, just a matter of location.

You can’t currently sign up for Netflix in Taiwan without doing some kind of VPN work-around. And actually I did try to sign up using Witopia and I couldn’t make that work either. But I’ll be signing up when the service opens here, I believe early in 2016. I’m hopeful but not sure that using a VPN at that point will let me (illegally?) access content available in different countries.

I am trying to become more legit in my TV and film viewing, but region locations make that really friggin’ difficult. It is far far easier to pirate something than it is to pay for something. For example, I’m paying for the current season of Doctor Who with the iTunes store (somewhat illegally and violating the terms of service, since I’m accessing my iTunes Canada account from Taiwan), but I still wind up pirating the same episode half the time because I can use spouse-friendly Chinese subtitles with the pirated version, or I can easily put it on a USB stick and watch it on my old TV. I can’t do that with the iTunes version. At least iTunes Canada will let me pay, even though I’m breaking their rules. Hulu Plus, Netflix, Amazon … they won’t take my money.

Supposedly, we will have Netflix legally in Taiwan next year. I do not expect it to be 8 USD, but I am willing to pay as much as I do for cable here -assay 500 NTD a month- because of the quality and availability of good stuff. Plus I, like Rockefeller, also believe in doing things legally to give a little contribution to the creators… and to be honest, DL is too high tech for me -which is why I do own so many DVDs. And anyways we have pretty nifty high Internet speeds in Taiwan.

[quote=“Baas Babelaas”][quote=“Rockefeller”]For the record you guys, Jessica Jones and Master of None are indeed on Netflix. The service is also like $7.99 a month. Unlimited streaming with subscription. A good deal to boot, and an even better deal with the influx of quality original content such as the two shows mentioned.

C’mon. I have student/car loans too. Sometimes I stream stuff on youtube/vimeo/websites as well if they really aren’t available on official channels (since I’ve replaced my TV out for a laptop). But 8 bucks a month to support your favorite filmmakers with their means of living, all through one super convenient website. Did I mention it’s super convenient? It’s easy and convenient. That’s honestly a fair deal you guys.[/quote]

No go with Netflix in China. Dodgy internet, slowed down when the VPN’s running. Have no beef supporting Netflix, just a matter of location.[/quote]

You can’t currently sign up for Netflix in Taiwan without doing some kind of VPN work-around. And actually I did try to sign up using Witopia and I couldn’t make that work either. But I’ll be signing up when the service opens here, I believe early in 2016. I’m hopeful but not sure that using a VPN at that point will let me (illegally?) access content available in different countries.

I am trying to become more legit in my TV and film viewing, but region locations make that really friggin’ difficult. It is far far easier to pirate something than it is to pay for something. For example, I’m paying for the current season of Doctor Who with the iTunes store (somewhat illegally and violating the terms of service, since I’m accessing my iTunes Canada account from Taiwan), but I still wind up pirating the same episode half the time because I can use spouse-friendly Chinese subtitles with the pirated version, or I can easily put it on a USB stick and watch it on my old TV. I can’t do that with the iTunes version. At least iTunes Canada will let me pay, even though I’m breaking their rules. Hulu Plus, Netflix, Amazon … they won’t take my money.[/quote]

I hear your frustrations. Have you guys tried Hola (found at Hola.org)? I subscribe to Netflix, but then use the Hola plug-in to access Netflix in other countries for content that aren’t available in good ol’ 'Murica. So say, when I want to watch Better Call Saul and it isn’t on the regular Netflix, I turn on Hola and click on France which will make it think I’ve traveled to France, where it’s available. Or another country if I want other contents that are available elsewhere (Canada, U.K., Germany, Netherlands, Spain, Mexico, Brazil, YouNameIt), all searchable through a database at flixsearch.io/.

Anywho, for your consideration. It’s just super easy and convenient is all. Full seasons, instantly :thumbsup: .

P.S. I use the Chrome browser

P.P.S.Hey you guys, happy holidays! :santa:

Happened to come across some clips of this. Looking up now

Does someone here watch the americans? Been hearing mixed opinions about it, wondering if any good

It’s not bad, but a bit of a slow burner, kind of a spy family drama. Decent acting, and the period details are well done.

It’s not bad, but a bit of a slow burner, kind of a spy family drama. Decent acting, and the period details are well done.[/quote]
Yeah heard good things about the acting. That slow part doesn’t sound encouraging though… Would you say it’s more a domestic drama or espionage focused?

It’s not bad, but a bit of a slow burner, kind of a spy family drama. Decent acting, and the period details are well done.[/quote]
Yeah heard good things about the acting. That slow part doesn’t sound encouraging though… Would you say it’s more a domestic drama or espionage focused?[/quote]
Maybe 30/70? It’s more that the family drama part is integrated into the story rather than just providing human interest so you care about the characters when they get snuffed. I’d say it’s definitely worth giving a try.

I am counting the days until the new season of Showtime’s SHAMELESS! The Lower Depths in Chicago. Check it out!

When Netflix has Chinese subtitles I can watch some stuff with the wife. What’s the best way to use Netflix on a TV?

Mr. Robot

Only half way through, but it’s pretty darn good-- better than 2nd season of Fargo in my eyes.

When Netflix has Chinese subtitles I can watch some stuff with the wife. What’s the best way to use Netflix on a TV?[/quote]
Options: blu-ray player, xbox, playstation, apple tv, chromecast, mirroring the tv to your computer/laptop.

You heard it here first. Best new show to hit the box in years.

[quote=“Toe Save”]You heard it here first. Best new show to hit the box in years.

[/quote]
Really? I’ve always hated Galifianakis in his movie roles, but his other comedy stuff is okay. Guess it can’t hurt to check it out.