What Are You Watching (TV Series, etc.)? :facebook:

I recently started rewatching House M.D. and for a show that is relatively the same plot every episode where a patient lies about some personal things which results in House and his team to misdiagnose them two or three times, it still has me hooked for 3.5 seasons.

Thank you Netflix and at least I got a bunch more seasons to go to fill in the gap of no GoT!

House MD has been one of my all time favorites, I still watch it every now and then. Unfortunately it begins as: 80% medicine / 20% human relations, then moves to 80% human relations/ 20% medicine, and the last few seasons feel like Greyā€™s Anatomy. I liked the ending very much, even though seasons 7 and 8 on the whole feel a bit like a ā€œclusterfuckā€ (I think thatā€™s the scientific term). They were really running out of ideas.

WATCH STRANGER THINGS. Itā€™s a Netflix exclusive but can be found on some streaming websites as well. If youā€™re into 80s movies, horror/action and music from that era, Stranger Things is absolutely a must. Only 8 episodes, I suggest watching them 2 by 2 in a dark room at night. Itā€™s not completely scary, it takes a lot from those ā€œkidā€™s adventure moviesā€ from the 80s (think of the Goonies, Et and others), mixed with horror (The Thing, Alien and Stephen Kingā€™s themes), and a soundtrack that seems to be born in John Carpenterā€™s head.
Itā€™s absolutely glorious.

I heard good things about that and some of the Netflix Marvel collaborations. Waiting for a rainy day to get that started.

Thanks, Iā€™ll check that out!

Richard
www.geberconsulting.com

Iā€™m agreeing so far on that.

Richard
www.geberconsulting.com

I watch) I like Castle and weeds

Heard about that too! Very curious. Are there lots of blood and gore/generally off-putting visuals?

DANG, stranger things. Saw the first episode today.

ā€œDesignated Survivorā€ is on Netflix Taiwan and has potential. They will have new episodes weekly and ABC network has ordered a full season.

But when Kiefer takes off his glasses itā€™s hard to separate him from the infamous Jack Bauer character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_f1v0Nx5Sw

I saw BBCā€™s And Then There Were None yesterday and was blown away. It was amazing.

Looks interesting-- did you see it on TV in taiwan? Any place that might have Chinese subtitles for it?

No I downloaded it.

ā€˜Designated Survivorā€™ definitely has potentially. A good 2 episodes so far.

Iā€™m currently catching up on ā€˜The Night Ofā€™ and have just finished ā€˜Braindeadā€™. I highly recommend both shows.

Iā€™m watching CNN quite a bit these days. Not a bad show. Anyone else catch it?

1 Like

I only tune in when Iā€™m looking for some light entertainment. The screenwriters have a lot of imagination, but the plots arenā€™t very believable and the acting is terrible. Mr. Robot is much more realistic!

I saw Cranford last weekend. Loved it. The attention to detail and the cast were fantastic and the story was extremely well-rounded. I loved how all tiny pieces of information came together at the end.

Another thing I liked about it is how easily the characters died. It really makes sense given the time and age where the story took place (1800s).

Lots of the characters were very endearing as well. I adored Miss Matty (Judi Dench), what a lovely old lady; Dr. Harrison (Simon Woods) is like the cutest doctor ever; the story line of the impoverished kid trying to acquire education is probably my favourite one, loved all the characters involved.

Return to Cranford is a bit weaker. It felt like more like a one-woman (Judi Dench) show rather than a collabrative effort a la Cranford. Still very good though.

I also watched a few episodes of Poldark (the new one) and didnā€™t really like it. The cinematography is absolutely stunning but thatā€™s about it. I find most of the characters extremely annoying and the plot twists very unnatural.

Iā€™ve recently started watching DareDevil on Netflix. I think Iā€™m on episode 4 or 5 and so far so good, but my friends are telling me itā€™s worse of the Marvel Netflix series. You guys agree?

I enjoyed Daredevil Season 1, but didnā€™t love it. I havenā€™t watched Season 2 yet. I liked Jessica Jones much more, although it sagged a bit in the middle. And if you like Doctor Who, David Tennantā€™s Kilgrave will perhaps make the 10th doctor forever creepier. Havenā€™t got around to Luke Cage yet, although that has priority over Daredevil Season 2 on my watch list.

ā€œGomorrahā€ is worth a watch, if you like gritty, Italian gangster drama. Iā€™m into season 2.

Sounds cool. Iā€™m trying to pick up Italian so will work