What Are You Watching (TV Series, etc.)? :facebook:

YES.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl9oc13p534

1 Like

I finished Star Trek Discovery ONLY to find out that it was the season finale.

Lots of questions unanswered, but I like the series and looking forward to season 2ā€¦which I hear should have already aired on CBS on the 7th. Soā€¦Taiwan Netflix is a bit slow?

Star Trek Discoveryā€™s first season isnā€™t over yet. Netflix adds an episode every week, pretty much concurrently with the US. Still 5 episodes to go. They just started up again after the mid-series break.

I watched End of the F***ing World on Netflix over the weekend. Itā€™s 8 episodes but that adds up to about 2 hours 40 minutes total. Not a hard recommend but it was an interesting show. Dark comedy. A little predictable at times but an interesting premise as a whole.

When did you watch it? They just finished their mid-season break, and the new episode became available on Netflix here Monday evening.

Spoilers:

The cliffhanger before the mid-season break was a jump to unknown space, surrounded by wreckage; the only episode so far of the second part of the season is them figuring out how to deal with the mirror universe. Which also had me re-watching the Original Seriesā€™ ā€œThe Tholian Webā€ (when the Defiant disappears), and planning to watch Enterpriseā€™s ā€œThrough a Mirror Darklyā€, when the Defiant appears in the mirror universe, about a hundred years back in time.

I think I watched it this past Sunday eveningā€¦or maybe it was Monday during lunch.

The episode finished with is exactly the one you described. I wasnā€™t aware of the mid season break, so thanks for the update! I think Iā€™ll wait for all the episodes to air and binge it come a long weekend or rainy day.

Unabomber on Netflix. Pretty solid

1 Like

I agree. Really well done and interesting. I had no idea the unibomber was such an interesting person.

Prison playbook on Netflix is enjoyable. Itā€™s a Korean show so maybe some wonā€™t like it even with the subtitles. Itā€™s funny and interesting to how prison life is so different in Korea vs the west and other countries

Black Mirror season 4 is worth watching.

Black Mirror Season 3 Episode 1 ā€œNosediveā€ is funny and an insight into the real future of social ranking and impacts on personal life.

Just started binge watching.

Oh god no. ā€œBlack Mirrorā€ is good, but binge-watching it sounds like a horrible idea guaranteed to lead to despair. If youā€™re dead set on doing this to your mental health, at least wait for a sunny day.

1 Like

Yea, I noticed the despair part already after a few episodes. Iā€™m planning to balance it out with something dumb funny and mindless.

May I suggest watching the Emmys?

What are you trying to drive the guy to drink?

OK, I admit it, it was just a roundabout way of telling the guy that what he really needed was a stiff drink.

Emmy isnā€™t funny, but clearly stupid.

OK, maybe I have a strange sense of humor. The stiff drink advice still stands.

1 Like

I take that back, looks like some of the Grammys were funny especially with Hillary Clinton reading Fire and Fury.

You definitely need a stiff drink for that.

I held off on watching season 5 of Boardwalk Empire for a long long while, after being a bit underwhelmed by season 4. But I binge watched it all again just recently, started S5, and Iā€™ll say E1 was easily up with the best TV episodes Iā€™ve ever seen. You had to see the first 4 seasons of course, and they hopped into the past cheated, but still basically mind bending. Dark, and making it look like seasons 3 and 4 which have to be up with the darkest shit ever in a fairly major TV drama, wonā€™t be quite the darkest.