What do we obtain renting a place for 2.200 US$ ? A house?

I posted already some relevant topics around housing, but now that I know what I am able to spend each month for renting a place to live with wife and son , maybe some of you could tell us what we will find.

Will it be enough to rent or a house on “Lotus Hill” or “Wellington heights”, or a place in Tianmu?
[color=blue]We think of 3 bedrooms,not furnished , at least a 250 SQM and a garden.[/color]Those tiny swimmingpools upfront the living room are not a must, as I guess they do not fit in thus budget …?

Maybe you know someone who relocates soon? (May or June) and is putting his house for rent?

Thanks 2 U all
Chris

2200 US = 68000nt

You should be able to rent a kickass place for that much.

This is getting somewhat funny.

Close to NT$70,000? DOn’t worry about it. That kind of budget covers just about everywhere bar the penthouse-style places. Don’t know about Wellington Heights though – no idea about rents up there, but you’d be mad to live there unless the company will provide a car and chauffeur. Its not convenient living at all IMO.

Man, for half of this guy’s problems. :raspberry: :smiley:

Some Gumper math:

The DNS’ Baba is hell bent on maxing out his mortgage by borrowing against it. In total, he is seeking 3.5 mil. This amounts to 22K a month in payments for 20 years.

So triple it wtih our new friend’s budget and he could buy a 10+ mil house. Sell it when he leaves and pocket the company’s stipend as equity.

Doncha jes’ love Gumper math?

Hey OP, is your company in the market for a gumpy accountant? I am also a virtual lawyer. I can sing, and dance. Well, I can dance. :blush:

I am a triple threat. Where do I get me some o’ dat perk?

:slight_smile: I DO like Gumpers’ math, but I prefer to keep it easy going. No fuss with housing untill we get realy setlled.
Let my company pay whatever is needed to pay to sleep without tons of mosquitos and rats eating the doors…( we sure will loose on comfort comparing with Belgium anyway)

So, what about Lotus Hill Gumper…
Aside you, something else worth mentionning about that area? :wink:

I will have to drive / take MTR near to Taipei 101 tower each day, so is Lotus Hill an option?

Or, being honest…wouldn’t you prefered to live in another area for those bucks? oh yes…unluckely my salary is not in line with the house rent budget. :fume:

Cheers mates

Holy cow. 68000nt / month? That’s more than anyone in this group probably makes per month, dude. My apt. is $16,000, 3 bedrooms, nice newish building, on a quiet street, 20 minutes from work.

You can find a nice little 3-bedroom flat anywhere on the edges of town for a fifth of that, rent the flat below it and install a swimming pool in it, and you’ve still only spent 2/5 of your budget.

Yes, I’m sure you can find a cozy, walled, guards at the gate, deluxe swimming pool and weight room type of place with gardens and playgrounds at Lotus Hills or something. For less than that.

Wow, need an agent? You can pay me to do the footwork for you.

Honestly, if you’re working in Taipei 101, Lotus Hill is the most convenient community you can get. It will be half the drive time that Tianmu or Wellington Heights would be.

I feel a bit emberassed due to the amount which I can invest in housing…
On the other hand, my comp. can not expect to live in a small appartment with a baby 6 months old , in the middle of the city.

I will investigate probably more on finding something in Lotus Hill as reccomended.

En avant la machine !

Djeezus,

Found a lot of info on Lotus Hill citykey.com.tw/lotus/main.asp
But…there are no houses…

Besides ,those nice appts are rented or sold within a day…
Indeed nice location, but nop, not what we are looking for (unless there are houses in the near area?)

What’s a house? :s

Well, you have here a very helpful, very poor group of foreigners, unable to afford their own beer tabs, but extremely willing to go out of their way to help you find a good place and settle in. Just let us know how we can be of further help! :slight_smile: Hopefully you will remember us kindly when you meet us in a bar. :laughing:

I think you’ll be hard-pressed to find a house within 45 minutes of 101 that will match your expectations.

What is it about a house that makes it a deal-breaker? :s

[quote=“Maoman”]I think you’ll be hard-pressed to find a house within 45 minutes of 101 that will match your expectations.
[/quote]
First time I went up to your place Maoman, I got lost in Neihu and ended up in a pretty swank neighbourhood that was made up of brand-new row-houses – three floors above a double garage kind of things. Do you know where I mean? No gardens or anything, so to me they’re no better than apartments, but maybe that’s more what OP has in mind.
If you want a garden and stuff, I agree, you’ll be looking at at least a NASTY hour’s commute to and from Taipei 101.

Thanks for the MOTIVATING messages guys :s
hmmm… as I thought, some agencies will try to rent me a place for double that price.

Indeed, I am planning to buy even BELGIAN beer to those who come up with a few very good tips :notworthy:

Keep you informed :wink:

[quote=“sandman”][quote=“Maoman”]I think you’ll be hard-pressed to find a house within 45 minutes of 101 that will match your expectations.
[/quote]
First time I went up to your place Maoman, I got lost in Neihu and ended up in a pretty swank neighbourhood that was made up of brand-new row-houses – three floors above a double garage kind of things. Do you know where I mean? No gardens or anything, so to me they’re no better than apartments, but maybe that’s more what OP has in mind.
If you want a garden and stuff, I agree, you’ll be looking at at least a NASTY hour’s commute to and from Taipei 101.[/quote]
Sure Sand, that’s the road off of Kangning Road in Donghu, past the Public TV station. And you’re right by those places not being any better than apartments, which is why I’m wondering what the attraction of a “house” is. At Lotus Hill, we have grass, flowers, lake and trees, with no traffic noises (all the access roads are underground, as is the parking).

What about the community up on the hill behind the WTC?

Forgot the name of the place, but there is a tennis/sports club up there, and they do have individual houses in the price range he’s looking for. It would also be a 5 minute hop to the 101.

It’s been too many years since I’ve lived in Taipei. Just past the 101 take a right and follow the road all the way up the hill.

Anybody remember the name of this community?

lmao…I just told the DNS about your erm, budget.

The Gumper: “There’s this guy who has this company who’s gonna like pay his rent to the tune of 70,000NT.”

DNS: “That’s too much!”

She has a way of cutting to the point. But it got us talking about your “dilemma”.

You’ll pretty much have to let go of that house idea, we think (ymmv), so if you accept that apartment living is the option, I’d suggest across Song Ren Lu from Mitsukoshi, the ones with the globes on it. I’d live there. Walk to work, shopping, every damn thing.

But I recommend this only because he’s a family man and a :newbie: .

If I had my druthers, I’d be living on Discovery Hill in Mucha. Not for the faint of heart tho, or so claims the DNS. Although taxis make everywhere easy.

We will try and get some pics and links for ya.

[quote=“ceevee369”]Djeezus,

Found a lot of info on Lotus Hill citykey.com.tw/lotus/main.asp
But…there are no houses…

Besides ,those nice appts are rented or sold within a day…
Indeed nice location, but nop, not what we are looking for (unless there are houses in the near area?)[/quote]

House? Would you post a pic of what you consider a house? Then we’ll be able to tell you right away whether or not it even exists within Taipei City and 1 hour commute time to Taipei 101. Because if it doesn’t exist, you might as well know now and change your expectations.

You must also remember that this is Taipei City. Buildings go upwards, not sideways. The closest thing I’ve seen that would be considered a “house” are what we in the US would call townhomes and those were far up the mountain in Neihu and out toward where the National Palace Museum is. Everything else is an “apartment”.

GL,

Come on guys,

It’s the same community that this guy is looking for a roommate in…

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?t=30980

It would the the perfect location for this guy, and have housing within the parameters he’s looking for.