What in God's name is going on in Syria?

Fantastic if very long article by Jeffrey Goldberg in the Atlantic on Obama’s foreign policy. (agentsmith warning: it’s by a Jeeeeew).
Goldberg has often criticized Obama’s lack of action in the Middle East, particularly in Syria; here he gives more space to Obama’s viewpoint.

theatlantic.com/magazine/arc … /the-obama

[quote=“MikeN”]Fantastic if very long article by Jeffrey Goldberg in the Atlantic on Obama’s foreign policy. (agentsmith warning: it’s by a Jeeeeew).
Goldberg has often criticized Obama’s lack of action in the Middle East, particularly in Syria; here he gives more space to Obama’s viewpoint.

theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2016/04 /the-obama[/quote].

Goldburg is a jewish name? No way.
The link didn’t work . "lack of action in the Middle East? Not enough death and destruction for him or he disappointed that america hasn’t full on invaded Syria at Israel’s request? American foreign policy is is heavily influenced by Israeli foreign policy and if goldburg feels the american goys are not serving the chosinites to their satisfaction, then too frickin bad.

[quote=“agentsmith”][quote=“MikeN”]Fantastic if very long article by Jeffrey Goldberg in the Atlantic on Obama’s foreign policy. (agentsmith warning: it’s by a Jeeeeew).

theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2016/04 /the-obama[/quote].

Goldburg is a jewish name? No way. [/quote]
With an ‘e’

Sorry- it takes you to the April issue and you have to scroll down three articles- here’s the direct link
theatlantic.com/magazine/arc … ne/471525/

Uh, yes, that’s what I was saying: Goldberg has often criticised Obama for not using military force in the Middle East; this article is an examination of Obama’s thinking on the issue, particular on his reversal on the “red line” on Assad’s use of chemical weapons, and how Obama’s views are regarded as heresy by the pro-force pro-Israel Washington establishment.

With Trump now joining Rubio, Cruz, and Kasich in calling for American ground forces in Syria/Iraq (Trump said he figures it’ll take about 20-30,000 American soldiers and be quick and easy- a cakewalk!) and Hillary’s hawkishness, it looks like the good times of the Bush era are set to roll again

Oops.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/syrian-army-says-u-led-coalition-jets-bombed-173922114.html

[quote]BEIRUT
(Reuters) - Syria’s army general command said warplanes from the
U.S.-led coalition bombed a Syrian army position at Jebel Tharda near
Deir al-Zor airport on Saturday, paving the way for Islamic State
fighters to overun it.The
air strike killed Syrian soldiers and was “conclusive evidence” that
the U.S. and its allies support the jihadist group, the Syrian army said
in a statement, noting that the strike was “dangerous and blatant
aggression”.[/quote]

This is what you get when you dismiss all the competent commanders and replace them with social justice warriors.

Syria had a great tradition of culture and a great civilization lived there for centuries. The Yazid’s had a great tradition and they were related to one of the ancient religion Hinduism.
Now everything was overthrown from Syria in the name of a fu** * God and MFkrs are trying to kill the people in the name of their GOD.

Teh Grauniad wishes Pooty Poot well, but they’re so over Ozymandias…

Irrelevance is the price of failure. Make America relevant again?

Obama (and Hillary) don’t want peace in Syria. They armed jihadists and “rebels” to overthrow the Assad government. These two could care less about all the Syrians they are responsible for murdering.

1 Like

I’m no Assad fan, but the inept enemy of my enemy is the kind of friend I’d be better off without.

Assad is poised to outlast Obama.

It fits the pattern…

Secretly supporting ISIS in a failed effort to get Assad. His predecessor at least left behind a semblance of peace and democracy in Iraq. But that’s all undone now. This is the Obama legacy, and it really, really sucks.

Only someone who thinks he’s infallible can be this stupid. A more humble man would have had the sense to leave it alone.

1 Like

I don’t see this as being much of a surprise. For those who ignored the mainstream media and read l news elsewhere, then it was obvious that Obama and Hillary Clinton were causing havoc in Syria with the goal of removing Assad, no matter now many people they killed.

For some reason, it is US government policy to invade and take over the middle east. Obama was just narcissistic enough to think he could accomplish the goal.

1 Like

Begging for relevance at Turkey’s feet. Diplomacy that smarts:

Russia-colluding Donald warmongering, or something:

Anyway, the prevailing narrative is in play again. Watch people scramble to grab control of it.

1 Like

What happened to attacking ISIS?

How am I not surprised that the Jerulasem Post published an article that praises any country directly attacking any of Israel’s neighboring countries?

1 Like

i have to agree with ron paul -
it just seems as a false flag knowing all was going smoothly over there…
they were kicking ISIS ass— so what’s the point of using those chemical weapons?

link below
http://www.ronpaullibertyreport.com/archives/false-flag-ron-paul-says-syrian-chemical-attack-makes-no-sense

1 Like

Fake chemical attacks and other staged things have been going on for years in Syria. The “moderate” rebels who are fighting Assad’s regime (while kidnapping and beheading those who oppose them), receive money from international sources and private donors. On twitter there was a whole web of people posting (or pretending to post) from Aleppo, pretending that Assad’s troops were marching like nazi death squad killing everyone. Countless pictures and vieos were staged, including the really famous one of the kid in the ambulance, just to get international aid. The White Helmets were only helping the Al-Quaeda supported rebels, and not the civilians.

After watching the videos from the alleged Sarin attack I’m fairly sure they were fake. Sarin kills in minutes and is deadly when it reaches contact with the skin. In the videos there are plenty of people who were supposed to be hit by Sarin gas, perfectly alive and just being washed with water by people who were just wearing gloves. With a true Sarin attack, all people affected would have been dead already, and people who went there to help without proper equipment would have met the same fate.

Regardless of that, the US bombing an empty airport after warning Russia about it makes no sense.

hey, i think it is a false flag, however, gas has been used and killed people— maybe not sarin but any other chemical cocktails made over there.
the false flag is about having something done by certain persons and blaming others.
people died from this chemical attack, BUT/ AND i believe it was used by the rebels or people against the regime— not the regular army

It was definitely not Sarin, and what very likely happened is that the rebels gathered a bunch of civilians loyal to Assad’s regime, killed them, then told some of their own people to pretend being injured and filmed the whole thing.

No way the regular army used a gas attack in a town in the middle of nowhere that hold nearly no strategical value, while the rest of Syria is being slowly liberated with the help of their allies.

1 Like

exactly - it seems that the conflict is coming to an end - isis is getting destroyed - but still someone is unhappy with all that and trying to revive that fire -

So has Trump turned Neocon? Getting rid of the Islamic State was his priority but then he seemed to have changed direction and gone back to Obama’s policy of ejecting Assad.