What Movies Are You Watching? —2017—

Not wrong to assume it’s a guitar, but yes, I did hear about this and this is so cool!

I wonder how it the melody is on a guitar though.

That’s one version.

This one goes completely metal.

1 Like

Swimming to Cambodia

I just watched this one again for the first time in a while. It still holds up after all these years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GViDEo081f4

2 Likes

@hansioux @ranlee

You know, if you guys want to go into actuallytown :wink:. I’ve seen the Cubase files.

If you’ve watched the book of Henry, curious to hear what you think.

This looks interesting:

The mummy was so bad. It’s was horrendous. I left half way. The characters sucked, jokes were no funny, the mummy’s weren’t scary, the story was not interesting. Just so bad.

1 Like

Eh that doesn’t surprise me, remakes are usually horrible.

Agreed… It was awful!! Even the 3rd installment, which was terrible to say the least, was a tad better than this one… Lucky I didn’t spend a dime watching it…

Wonder women was fantastic. Although wonder women in my mind should have been larger in figure but I suppose gal gadot isn’t too hard on the eyes for 2 hours.

Yeah, she’s the same height as me, so way too short for an Amazon princess. It wasn’t a bad movie at all for a superhero flick. I think the historical angle really helped make it watchable.

Also really enjoyed Wonder Woman. Best of the current DC run of movies. Hopefully they can keep it up. I do like the idea of Joss Whedon finishing off Snyder’s Justice League movie, even if it happened for the worst possible reason.

The Mummy was just terrible. As soon as the “DARK UNIVERSE” logo popped up on screen at the start, I had a feeling it was going to be a rough ride. I was still willing to give it a chance. But they’re creating this universe using what we assume are going to be these classic Universal monsters but obviously not using the classic universal monsters as we know them to be. I feel like that’s a bit of a fail. The famous actors are just distracting, the story was needlessly contrived… really too many issues to even get into.

I really would like them to revisit their old 30s and 40s monster movies but not like this.

Gal was paid peanuts though. NOT FAIR.

I think she was signed to 3 movies which would be Batman vs. Superman, Wonder Woman and Justice League. If they want her in Wonder Woman 2 or another Justice League, they’re going to pay.

Not exactly - it seems like her salary was fairly typical, and in line with what, for example, Chris Evans got for the first Captain America film.

Edited a few minutes later to add another link:

1 Like

They tried to spin it like it’s a sexist thing. It’s her first major movie role, in a unproven series in the big screen. Gal gadot isn’t exactly a household name before this, although I was a fan before from the fast and furious. The movie was a success and she will definitely get a bigger pay check next time. She’s now a A list name. Before she was just a pretty face with a minor role in a long franchise. Now she’s wonder women. She has way more leverage as she solidified her role as wonder women. The fans love her and I’d would be hard to replace her without pissing off the fans and possibly having someone with a mediocre performance

She was paid the same amount as Chris Evans in CA:FA.

1 Like

Pirates of the Caribbean…2 and a half hour of boringness.

What a waste of two and a half hours. You should’ve known better.

Roll call: Who’s even going to see transformers 17? Wondering.

Also, regarding mummy: You can’t say I haven’t warned you. Normally Tom cruise films have a certain level of quality, but this one I went out of my way to have you google it. So… I hope the action scenes were fun? Also because eventually I’ll probs stream it on Netflix or something out of curiosity.

In other cruise news, glad they are making Edge of Tomorrow 2.

Btdubs, if you can, check out The Big Sick. It’s a pleasant ride.