What's Jingmei Like?

I’ve got a new job in Jingmei and am considering moving there. The daily commute from Sanchong is somewhat debilitating. What’s Jingmei like? Xindien? Are those nice places to live? What are housing rental prices like?

Thank you, my furry friends.

its an upgrade, well worth the effort…do it!

You know when you get to the end of your deodorant and there’s like that last 1/4 inch of perfectly good deodorant left but the threaded center post has run out and no matter how much you turn the little wheel you can’t quite get the stuff to rise above the case so you try it anyways but all the happens is you scrape the crap out of your armpit??

THAT’S what Jingmei is like.

It’s probably a bit more expensive than Sanchong. But there are the riverside parks, and you might feel a bit closer to civilization. I like being on the MRT.

Thanks, Joe. Could you perchance give the chief some eloquence lessons? I’ll pay.

I’m paying 17k for my 3-bedroom apartment in Sanchong. Would I be looking at a similar price in Jingmei/Xindien?

I used to live on Xinglong Road Section 1, in a rooftop apartment. That cost me 17k, but it was pretty spacious. Jingmei is much, much, nicer than Sanchong, and it’s close to the MRT.

If you live just across the river in Xindian, you can save a lot of money.

Its one of the nicer places to live in Taipei, it also has MRT stations dotted around it and if you have a scooter its really easy to get into the center.
A bit more noisy than Xindian, but the upside is that you are closer to the city.

I wouldnt mind living there if i found a decent place.

Thanks, Joe. Could you perchance give the chief some eloquence lessons? I’ll pay.

I’m paying 17k for my 3-bedroom apartment in Sanchong. Would I be looking at a similar price in Jingmei/Xindian?[/quote]I’m paying 18k for two bedrooms in a nice high-rise apartment, 5 mins from Dapinglin MRT. An older place, or one slightly further from the MRT, or one across the river, would be cheaper. But if you want somewhere nice and also convenient, I’d suggest looking for places around the low twenties and bargaining it down a bit later.

I’m sorry. I just shat all over myself…

I’m starting to feel woozy.
:astonished:

To think I complained about 10k for my house.

I think a number of unspecified bodily fluids just erupted from nearly all of my orifices.

[quote=“Joesox”]
I think a number of unspecified bodily fluids just erupted from nearly all of my orifices.[/quote]
JOE! Aren’t you held to a higher standa…oops…sorry…forgot.

Thanks all for your replies! Keep 'em coming!

You can change your name to jingmeipresley.

:roflmao:

Double fuckin’ :roflmao: :roflmao: :bow:

You mean you might come over the big river and move in close? That’s scary, that leaves me with that tiny river between Jingmei and Xindian, well that and the hill I live up on.

Depending on how you want to commute, you can also get a place in Xindian, either down town or even houses (detached/semi-detached, etc.) up on the hills. Much better air and noise… Or near that Scottish bloke Sandman there, on the other side of the suspension bridge, that’s if you like guys in skirts and playing strange instruments…

I think a number of unspecified bodily fluids just erupted from nearly all of my orifices.[/quote]
:ohreally: Nothing wrong with Anping Gubao…

[quote=“jimipresley”]I’ve got a new job in Jingmei and am considering moving there. The daily commute from Sanchong is somewhat debilitating. What’s Jingmei like? Xindian? Are those nice places to live? What are housing rental prices like?

Thank you, my furry friends.[/quote]

It is a very nice area to live, parks and stuff, two main roads, older houses but bigger. Little to none factories in Jinmei, a bit mroe here in our Xindian side.

There is the area near Shishin University, the mountain behind has a famous temple, very nice for small hikes -though longer ones you can make it up to Hinhai Road and Muzha. One collegue has her apartment there, nice and cool.

The riverpark gets a bit busy on weekends but weekdays is all yours. There is the hidden Jinmei Park, which is also quite pleasant.

For supermarkets, there is Aimai, which sucks, to be honest. One movie theater, and the night market for entertainment.

Honestly, Xindian might be cheaper and more interesting. You can get a 3 bedroom place for like 20 to 30 in a newer high rise with elevator. Houses in gongwu would go as low as 12 to 18 average.

I’m paying 17k for my 3-bedroom apartment in Sanchong. Would I be looking at a similar price in Jingmei/Xindian?[/quote]

for that price you can live in a five floor walk up on Hoping East Rd. Sec. 3 between Liu Jang Li and Linkuang MRT stations on the brown line. a cool, centrally located neighborhood surrounded by mountains with easy access to Jingmei.

check that out, a short waddle to Bobwundaye’s (whoever he is) and a cheap cab to almost anywhere in the city.

You need to triangulate each potential apartment with your workplace, the closest MRT and the closest RT Mart. Multiply the distance of each leg in meters by 10, count the number of trees along each leg and multiply by 10, and add. Subtract the rent. The highest score for a given apartment determines the ranking.