What's Jingmei Like?

Bobwundaye is not a he. It means ‘no problem’ in Taiwanese.

Thanks, Joe. Could you perchance give the chief some eloquence lessons? I’ll pay.

I’m paying 17k for my 3-bedroom apartment in Sanchong. Would I be looking at a similar price in Jingmei/Xindian?[/quote]

Forgot some important data: for comparison purposes, how many pings is your 17K, 3 bedroom?

[quote=“Icon”]

Forgot some important data: for comparison purposes, how many pings is your 17K, 3 bedroom?[/quote]
I don’t know how to measure pings, Ms Icon, but my place is relatively spacious. It also has two bathrooms (one en suite), and two useable balconies.

I really need a large place as the wife has boxes and boxes of useless crap that needs storing. And I need my f.com computer room where I can escape the mundanity of the television in the living room and I need a spare room so that when bismarck or urodacus visit me, I don’t have to sleep with them. Bismarck has a strange smell and urodacus babbles in his sleep about Gallipoli.

They have a 5 bedroom rooftop here that suits you, but it is 25K, might be able to negotiate. About 45 to 50 ping, if I am not mistaken.

Most Shishin University students live in tapinglin and Chichang because rent is cheaper.

Thanks, Ms Icon!

[quote=“Icon”]
Most Shishin University students live in tapinglin and Qizhang because rent is cheaper.[/quote]
How near is one to the university from there?

tapinglin aka Dapinglin is across the river from your uni… Qizhang is a bit further south.

My roomates rode their scooters and always left right on the dot. One walked.

I make like 10 to 15 minutes walking with Toto, but he makes many stops, and walks slow.

Jingmei night market is pretty good with lots of local snacks.
LaiLai movie theater for second hand movies.
There is the Aimai supermarket of course and across the bridge in Xindian, you can have plenty of choice at Carrefour, Hola and its shopping center.

You could consider to rent a place in Mucha. Prices there are somewhat cheaper, but not always near the MRT.
Others have mentioned you might consider some places along the brown line.
If you don’t mind living among a lot of people (usually much cheaper), you might want to check out Zhonghe.

Something like this looks nice -though a bit off the beaten path:

rent.591.com.tw/rent-detail-667265.html

jingmeipresley where where you be working exactly? Would help with recommendations. Because of the winding nature of the streets you have a lot of choices.