What's up with This Dr. Air Thing?

Has anybody used the Dr. Air air cleaner and is it any good? The last time I used an air cleaner it was about twenty times as big as this little unit.

There’s a bazillion brand of air cleaners out there, most of them are 99% of the same inside. What you should care about is if it removes the smaller particles (hepa) and if it is quiet and has enough capacity to clear the air (no magical physics the bigger air flow thru the more air volume can be cleaned in a given time).

The more expensive ones have a crude air quality sensor which could be helpful.

I am not familiar with this brand, but as you might expect, the Japanese brands are much more space conscious (i.e. compact construction) than the US brands. Daikin has a good reputation for these things.

I hope this helps!

Guy

Thanks. Anything helps. I recently moved to a touristy area–which is only a bothersome thing on the weekends–with a couple famous temples: lots of fireworks, lots of paper burning, incense burning. Cough, cough. Dry throat constantly. The area I moved from was an upscale part of Taipei County near a uni. No temples, not much paper burning or fireworks.