Whats with all these US Navy ships getting rammed?

There is no doubt the US Navy has the best radar and surveillance equipment in the world. Hence I find it astonishing that the most well equipped ships on earth keep getting rammed by massive, lumbering, slow oil tankers and container ships.

What is going on? Insane incompetence? Mad drunken orgies on the bridge? Are they looking for good old False Flag incidents? Or is it simply homicidal oil tanker and container ship captains?

Maybe they’re all running Windows Vista on their radar equipment?

Now installing update 9526 of 41,421. Please wait…

2 Likes

Two theories floating about:

1. Consequence of years of political correctness in place of proper training, and good officers getting fired for ideological reasons.

2. Chinese cyber hacking.

Anyway, something is very wrong with Team America.

1 Like

How would the Chinese hack a ship? And then presumably give fake radar readings? Or control the entire ship remotely knowing the location/trajectory of the container ship as well? Seems like sci-fi/hollywood stuff to me. Plus the sailors must have some ability to check data.

You have seen Tomorrow never dies?

(where is the sideways suspicious glance emoji)

sideways emoji indeed lol

Just read the plot summary of that movie on wiki, - sounds almost relevant with so much skulduggery and subterfuge. At least it all ends well - Bond gets the girl ^^

Ah, that’s the one where 007 comes up against his greatest foe, the cangjie keyboard.

4 Likes

If the Chinese could hack our ships I don’t think they would let us know by making us ram into freighters for a laugh, doh. I guess the rest of that stuff is equally grounded in reality

2 Likes

Hacking doesn’t necessarily give that kind of fine control.

Out of curiosity, how many here besides me have experience with computer programming and control systems design?

How about the other way around? Maybe they are hacking the guiding satellites. I mean, they must already have access to them since they have the largest commercial fleet. If the ships do not give off the right beep, maybe the military ship’s GPS won’t read its position accurately.

All you need here is some experience with basic logical reasoning. No one has any idea what happened. The possibility that the Chinese are mucking around with the control of our ships in a way that causes them to have occasional random collisions on the high seas is beyond vanishingly small. It’s not worth mentioning, at best.

But that would be readily apparent–all kinds of things use GPS. At a minimum, the US military would be aware that their GPS were not sending reliable data and they would take appropriate measures to deal with it. The possibility that that would cause a sudden random collision seems almost equally small. I would guess the US Navy has some work to do on their staffing and training.

As I alluded to before, if the Chinese were developing such capabilities they would certainly try very, very hard not to let anyone become aware of them until such time as they could be of some practical effect.

And they would succeed… if they were magical hackers.

Vanishingly small indeed.

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

When all else fails…blame Obama.

should have heard his conspiracy about twitter bots…

Its not just him…I swear Alex Jones has multiple accounts on this forum.

Have you read the one about Obama being the mastermind of a shadow government?

Obama stole my toothpaste.

`Bama!

1 Like

98?