Where are Trump's Tax returns?

But his ratings…

Never liked that stupid show anyway.

Or you could vote Putin straight into the office.

孔子曰:未知電視,焉知白宮?

He would still have to be a citizen to run for president, and Americans don’t like the Russkies much anyway, so I’m afraid there’s not much chance of your fantasy becoming a reality. You seem to have a pretty big hard-on for Putin, so maybe you could lobby to have the election laws in Germany changed to allow him to run there.

The German President is so unimportant that most people need to think hard before recalling his/her name.

But your president! Wow! Since he launched some rockets and threw this mother off the plane, nobody is talking about Russia anymore.

Except for concerned citizens like Hamlet. :sunglasses:

An interesting theory, but impossible to prove…just like the idea that the Russians got Trump elected. Anyway, you didn’t have to like Kindergarden Cop to have voted for the Governator.

A relevant quote from Scott Adams:

“Generally speaking, if your critics are reduced to complaining about what might be in your tax returns, you already won.”

But if they’re actually marching over it, they’re not going to take defeat gracefully.

What’s he hiding ?

Such a two faced con artist.

Shit on about Obama for years won’t even be transparent himself.

Add another lie to the bonfire.

Mr Trump has said he was elected by the American public without disclosing his returns. Last month, he doubled down on this claim that returns cannot be released while an audit is under way, something experts say is not true.

“There is no law, as you know, I got elected last time with the same issue and while I’m under audit, I won’t do it,” he told reporters. “If I’m not under audit, I would do it, I have no problem with it, but while I’m under audit, I would not give my taxes.

:point_up_2: that’s about as long a discussion on this topic as you can get

As an American voter, I think the whole thing reeks of political animus. Both sides.

Based on previous Congressional leaks by House Democrats since Trump’s been in office, I don’t doubt that Trump’s tax returns would be leaked illegally in the name of serving the public. During Justice Kavanaugh’s confirmation hearing last fall the Democrats demonstrated clearly that they’re “willing to do whatever it takes” to wound Trump. In the months since I haven’t seen their animus subside a millimeter; in fact, it seems to have grown.

And in the end he was duly elected in 2016 after breaking a promise to release them publicly. American voters didn’t punish him then, and I don’t see any good reason to punish him now (again, this is political animus disguised as Congressional oversight by House Democrats).

If Trump’s Treasury continues to flout the law then it’s for his political protection, which aligns with the 2016 vote. Democrats can turn the volume up to 12 if they like, I guess.

I think Trump is arguing not that he can’t release his tax returns while under audit, but that he won’t release them.

Me, reads today’s news, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin tells Committee on Way’s and Means to go pound sand regarding Trumps tax returns. Guess they now go to court to battle it out, time to make a coffee.

Checks Forumosa.

Hey @Brianjones I will tell you what is in them since you really want to know. I say this with 99% confidence. he doesn’t pay taxes. How do I know? Because this is exactly what Hillary Clinton said (pretty sure she was doing more than just speculating) and Trump’s only response was “that makes me smart”.

Just release them for the public.

No bullshit.

President of the US should be transparent.
President of any country should be.

1 Like

Who cares? There is no legal obligation for a sitting president to release them.

1 Like

He’s a spoofer…If there’s anything that folks should care about is where their leaders are getting their money from . Also if they are paying up like Joe Bloggs.

Also THINK about it.
A guy pushes for a massive tax cut who himself is a billionaire with most of his assets and enterprises in US.

Clear potential for conflict of interest.

It’s true, but if you showed the same level of curiosity for Hunter Biden getting millions in contracts from China and Ukraine or the Clinton Foundation and hundreds of millions, or any of the other foundations, the Bush foundation or the Obama foundation, I might think you were sincerely concerned about corruption.

Alas, it seems you are only concerned with Trump, hence I suspect you only care when it serves a political agenda.

2 Likes

That’s the job of the IRS, and believe me, they’re very good at it.

1 Like

No one really cares, but the Russia conspiracy turned out to be a dud, the democrats 2020 candidates are all looking like trash and even the rehash of the “Neonazis are very fine people” conspiracy didn’t work very well because people have finally started to read the whole statement.

The tax returns conspiracy theory is simply clickbait.

It’s not a conspiracy, it’s a request to make tax records public.
Not very complicated.

1 Like