Where can I buy a little LED grow lamp in Taipei? Want to grow herbs.

Hey there, anyone know where I can buy a little LED grow lamp? I’d like to grow herbs on my balcony, but this city gets long stretches of overcast/rainy days, so an indoor light could be helpful every now and then. (I’d order one from Amazon but their stupid system doesn’t accept passport #s nor the Record of ID # you can get to use a bank.) Thanks!

You could try the aquarium shops for some aquatic plant growing LED lamps, they can also be used for herb growing (̶I̶ ̶h̶o̶p̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶’̶r̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶u̶s̶p̶i̶c̶i̶o̶u̶s̶)̶. Happy growing!

Haha, no…I was looking at something like this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076WWKG8M/ until I noticed they don’t ship to Taiwan. :stuck_out_tongue: Will consider aquarium shops tho, thanks!

Your simplest option by far is to just use a fluorescent lamp. It doesn’t have an ideal spectrum, but it’s good enough for supplementary lighting.

It’ll cost slightly more to run than a LED type - pocket change, not worth worrying about.

Good point…but now that I’ve been wondering, do any of the big flower markets carry this type of stuff, too? Looks like Shopee has the most cheapo ones online (vs Ruten and PCHome), but without a timer.