Where can I find a less polluted area in Taiwan?

Hello, I have some Lung and Allergy issues and wanted to learn in which area of Taiwan is there the most cleanest Air, and which area is the Most coolest Part of Taiwan. Can you name some Cities in Taiwan for cleanest Air, and also cities that have a Cooler Climate. Thanks

1 Like

What are you allergic to?

Honestly I cannot think of any city in Taiwan that would match everything you are looking for as described above.

If you’re able to consider towns (i.e. employment/commuting is not an issue, you’re simply seeking a place to live), I would be hard pressed to think of a better environment than Yuli in the Rift Valley in Hualien. I have no idea, however, how your allergies would be affected there.

Good luck to you and I hope you can stay healthy!

Guy

Chingjing.

yeah, right, the bustling metropolis of Chingjing. Methinks the OP hasn’t bothered to do any research on this. No city in Taiwan has clean air, why would it? For clean air you have to go high or remote.

1 Like

No clean air cities , also no cool cities.

But if forced to choose Yilan, Hualien ,Taidong are your choices .

High mountains are the best as already suggested.

1 Like

Although, at a pinch, would the suburb of Yangmingshan have slightly better air?

It does tend to according to the aqicn app I follow.

Yilan and East coast has consistently cleaner air overall.

Just another day putting on my pollution mask before I step outside. IMG_9875

i don’t know if it’s clean air or not but danshui sure felt like it. I live in Daan and can tell a big difference at danshui.

For those who get allergies its very important to keep your house clean and less places for dust to settle, dust mite proof bedding and use dehumidifier especially.
Air purifier is also good.
These go a long way to controlling symptoms .

I still live in Taipei but my symptoms buy my allergies have reduced.

1 Like

Dust mite mattress and pillow covers are golden.

Also wash your clothes thoroughly with good detergent and make sure they are completely dried out afterwards. Wash clothes again if not worn for half a year or a year. Seal them all up in dust proof bags or boxes.

Clean air: all the East coast, it’s very uncommon here to have high pollution index because we have mountains to the West and nothing but water to the East. Yilan in Winter is EXTREMELY humid, so if you prefer a dry climate…well, you’re in the wrong part of the world, but for a relatively dry climate Hualien/Taidong are better.

Cool climate: not in Taiwan, unless you’re willing to live semi-isolated above 1000/1500m. My ideal climate is above 3000m in Nantou, but there’s fuckall to do for a living.

Come now, hunting mountain boar is a noble and respected profession.

Are there boars at that altitude? I’ve never seen any. All boar hunters I know in Yilan hunt them in the hills directly surrounding the region, not on high places like Taiping mountain etc.

Goddammit, now I want the boar-steak wrap from the Qinguo night market in Luodong.

Good point. I guess there’s none. Pheasant?

How high do the bears venture? :ponder:

We get high bro, lord knows we get high.

2 Likes

Thankyou all for your great helpful comments., I appreciate and will look into the cities that were mentioned here