Where can I find a place to play Squash?

Anybody know of a place to play squash in downtown Taipei?

In fact, anyone willing to join me on a regular basis (say once or twice a weeek)?
Though note I never played before - but I really need some excercise.

I consider gyms as b-o-r-i-n-g and I am not really a friend of exercising outdoors
in the summer so I thought squash might be worth a try.

Hi Rascal
We have a squash leaugue here in Nankan! So if you ever want to play on a weekend or whatever we can organise a game/lunch/walk on the trails or whatever. PM me if wanna play!

near the roundabout (on the NE cnr) at San Min Rd & MinQuan E Rd there is a sports complex with a couple of very good squash courts.

Thanks for the directions, AWOL.

Steeevieboy, I might take up the offer once I get into shape - which isn’t going to be that soon though … :wink:

Looking forward to it!

Steeevieboy, I’d be keen on a game of squash but haven’t played in years. Are you guys good or is it a social thing? Where in Nan kang do you play? My fitness is a concern but I’d be willing to get into shape if it meant a game of squash.

Youth Park has two open-air, old, free squash courts. You might have to wait a while to use them if you go in peak time.

Brian

I’m also trying to track down some some info on squash facilities in the Taipei area for a third party. Anyone know the names of clubs/sports complexes with squash courts and/or addresses? You could either PM me the info or post it here. Thanks! :smiley:

Hey does that squash court place you mentioned have tennis courts too? Looking for a good place in Taipei to play tennis. Even though the thought of moving more than 10 minutes outdoors in this heat is enough to make me buy a home exercise video.

Check out the (fairly) new Tai Da sports complex. They rent out their squash courts by the hour. I’m not into squash, but I’ve used the courts to play racquet ball. Not quite the same as a real RB court, but not too bad. :slight_smile:

I used to play squash at E1-E2 level at school, which is an average level. Good fun. I also like badminton, table-tennis, and tennis-so any takers for a game?

That said, I am significantly heavier than then due to weight lifting and age, so may be a bit slower.