Where can I find Dough Enhancer?

Hi, the store list is here. [forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … 8#p1127688](DIY baking supply / supplies

Most home bread recipes don’t call for artificial dough additives (“dough enhancers”), and I don’t use 'em (nor do I see any need to), so I would just leave it out, personally.

I have read that generally, enhancers are used in order to get the qualities you find in supermarket bread – very light, fluffy and tender crumb (bread interior) that doesn’t dry out as quickly, with a very tender crust – when producing on an industrial scale. But for me the whole purpose of baking at home is to get what you find in a homemade or artisan bread, a heartier, slightly denser bread with some bite, and more flavor. If you want the interior to be tender and not dry quickly, something like sandwich loaf, just add an egg and a bit of oil or butter and some scalded milk, instead of chemicals.

Also, some of the ingredients in dough enhancer are supposedly actually worse for the bread if you use them in the wrong amount, and some of them supposedly result in a blander taste. I don’t know, personally, as I’ve not used them and would have to run some side-by-side experiments to see if this is true.