Where can I find good Korean food? (not BBQ) (GTA)

As a long-term forumosan, I’m going to take the liberty to resurrect a thread that’s more than a decade old, in part because the question posed in this thread remains unanswered. Where is the good Korean food in Taipei (not including BBQ)?

For much of my stay in Taiwan, I would have simply said: there is some basic fare, but there is nothing I could unambiguously call “good.” Of course assertions of absence are notoriously tricky to demonstrate, so I’m happy to have recently been proved wrong.

The place that changed my mind is Sugar Pea, a popular spot off Anhe Road just south of Renai Road (address: 仁愛路四段300巷20弄16號1樓; phone: 02-2325-6188). The location is a bit tricky, so do take care to have the exact coordinates before attempting to find this place.

While it’s best known for its apparently stunning banana pancakes, Sugar Pea also serves bibimbap. The version I had yesterday was brightened, almost electrified, with some chopped shiso. The taste and quality of this dish blew out of the water any other Korean food I’ve tried in Taiwan. Kudos to chef Sandy Yoon for preparing and serving such outstanding food. I can’t wait to go back!

Guy

1 Like