Where can I find someone to bid at ruten.com.tw for me?

Unrelated to taihu, but I wanted to point out some of the risks so forumosan’s have a better understanding… by acting as the middle-man you would in fact take some risk.

1. If the buyer were to pay you by Paypal, the ‘buyer’ could claim that they never received the goods, and then successfully reverse the transaction. Regardless of whether you did or did not send the goods, without proof of delivery you would be out of pocket the full amount.

Often chargebacks can be made upto 6mths after the transaction. To offer some form of protection here I would only send the goods internationally via a registered form of mail so you can get proof of delivery, you may even have to think about insurance (or at least discuss with the buyer in advance). Alternatively, a more secure form of payment would be advised.

1. If you were to make the purchase, and the ‘seller’ collected the money you sent by ATM and then never sent the goods, or in fact did send the goods but you never received them, you would then be in a dispute with the ‘buyer’… and the ‘seller’… time is money… lots of hassle. Protection here could come in the form of buying from a reputable seller with a long history… beware of new sellers. Alternatively paying with a form of payment which you could chargeback (ala creditcard) in the case of dispute. Anyway, i am sure Ruten has some form of buyer protection built in…

Long & short of it… whilst i don’t believe taihu to be dishonest in his intentions, there is some inherent risk.

Unrelated to taihu, but I wanted to point out some of the risks so forumosan’s have a better understanding… by acting as the middle-man you would in fact take some risk.

1. If the buyer were to pay you by Paypal, the ‘buyer’ could claim that they never received the goods, and then successfully reverse the transaction. Regardless of whether you did or did not send the goods, without proof of delivery you would be out of pocket the full amount.

Often chargebacks can be made upto 6mths after the transaction. To offer some form of protection here I would only send the goods internationally via a registered form of mail so you can get proof of delivery, you may even have to think about insurance (or at least discuss with the buyer in advance). Alternatively, a more secure form of payment would be advised.

1. If you were to make the purchase, and the ‘seller’ collected the money you sent by ATM and then never sent the goods, or in fact did send the goods but you never received them, you would then be in a dispute with the ‘buyer’… and the ‘seller’… time is money… lots of hassle. Protection here could come in the form of buying from a reputable seller with a long history… beware of new sellers. Alternatively paying with a form of payment which you could chargeback (ala creditcard) in the case of dispute. Anyway, i am sure Ruten has some form of buyer protection built in…

Long & short of it… whilst i don’t believe taihu to be dishonest in his intentions, there is some inherent risk.[/quote]
:astonished: In that case, my commission just went up to 50% percent of the value of the goods.

Well he wrote he studied Mandarin for 5 years so I think he can figure something out with the seller(s).
PayPal exists in Taiwan (since 2004), so does Western Union, MT-103 transfers possibility, mail cash by EMS…
All I can say is good luck to get the goods!

[quote=“sandman”]As Stray Dog pointed out, the OP APPEARS to be trying to work what appears to be a classic and common Internet scam. So. Maybe he’s not. In which case I apologize unreservedly. On the other hand, this is the Internet, for heaven’s sake! Where scams like this are very common, and this is NOT a known poster. I don’t believe I was out of line AT ALL with my response, and nor was Stray Dog.
Oh, and by the WAY – just to keep the record absolutely STRAIGHT – it so happens that among all the hand-wringing, name-calling and wrong-headed opinions, the ONLY poster to ACTUALLY OFFER ANY FUCKING HELP was yours truly.
And, my commission is a MERE 35% of the value of the goods!
Bloody ingrates.[/quote]Well, I said that it was a good suggestion you made. And I didn’t realise that it was an actual offer to the OP rather than just a suggestion of how he should go about things. That’s very decent of you.

Charging 10,500NT to help him buy… say… a 30k laptop computer sounds decent to you? That’s 35% isn’t it? :unamused:

That’s not an offer to help, man.

marboulette

[quote=“marboulette”]Charging 10,500NT to help him buy… say… a 30k laptop computer sounds decent to you? That’s 35% isn’t it? :unamused:

marboulette[/quote]Well, it’s more than I was prepared to offer. And if I were the OP and I wanted something badly enough that I couldn’t get elsewhere, 35% or so would seem fair enough.

[quote=“joesax”][quote=“marboulette”]Charging 10,500NT to help him buy… say… a 30k laptop computer sounds decent to you? That’s 35% isn’t it? :unamused:

marboulette[/quote]Well, it’s more than I was prepared to offer. And if I were the OP and I wanted something badly enough that I couldn’t get elsewhere, 35% or so would seem fair enough.[/quote]Anyone who asks for roughly NT15,000 per hour to help isn’t trying to help, IMO. Trying to make a quick buck out of someone else’s situation is more like it. Actually, given the time it would take to do this for the OP, you’re probably looking at an average of about NT30,000 per hour for your troubles. If that sounds fair enough to you, I don’t know what else to say.

What if the guy is after a new MacBook… Then what? You charge the guy 25k to help him order it? That’s insane, man.

marboulette

Hi, I’m new here and this is my first post. I’m interested by Taiwan and Japan but I don’t live in those countries and I may ask in the futur some information about life in Taiwan.

So here’s my problem: I saw some very interesting stuff on ruten.tw.com. I love old videogames. Especially pirated games.
I’m asking here because I couldn’t find any ruten.tw.com agent (“middleman sites”).

If you can help me, please send me a PM. And of course, You’ll get an extra.

Thanks in advance.
-ML

not this again.

[quote=“ML™”]Hi, I’m new here and this is my first post. I’m interested by Taiwan and Japan but I don’t live in those countries and I may ask in the futur some information about life in Taiwan.

So here’s my problem: I saw some very interesting stuff on ruten.tw.com. I love old videogames. Especially pirated games.
I’m asking here because I couldn’t find any ruten.tw.com agent (“middleman sites”).

If you can help me, please send me a PM. And of course, You’ll get an extra.

Thanks in advance.
-ML[/quote]

and…viewtopic.php?f=25&t=81095&hilit=ruten+com

[quote][quote=“taihu57”]Hi all. I’m new here and this is my first post. Probably not the best way to come in but I’m desperate :laughing:

There are a couple of items on Ruten.com.tw that I want to bid on, but since I’m not in Taiwan it’s not possible for me. Would anyone here that uses Ruten be able to bid for me and ship the items to me? I would hope we could come to some sort of agreement on how that’d work if someone volunteers. Of course you’d get a little extra in addition to the cost of the item.

I wish there were a site for this, but it seems Ruten has no “middleman” sites yet. I’d really appreciate if anyone can help me, or even direct me to some site I may not know of that does this for you.

Thanks! :notworthy:[/quote]
[/quote]

I’m not a good english speaker so I used taihu57 post for exemple.

You want us to use our credit cards to pay for pirated video games, and then ship those pirated video games to you?

:popcorn:

[quote=“Stray Dog”]You want us to use our credit cards to pay for pirated video games, and then ship those pirated video games to you?

:popcorn:[/quote]
:unamused: Yea, it’s like that but you missed something: I give you the monney (price of the auction + shipping + extra), then you buy, then you ship the item to me.

I know that some people may not understand what are those old pirated games I’m talking mean.
here are some exemple:
cah4e3.shedevr.org.ru/cartsbase/JY-006.jpg
cah4e3.shedevr.org.ru/cartsbase/JY-092.jpg
Those are most of the time are “pirate original” and hard to find in Europe/US.

Well, that’s illegal and we don’t discuss or condone illegal activities on this website. Sorry.

Not only is it illegal, the person who might generously offer to buy such things for you would be in trouble, and not you, and that’s immoral on top of it.

Forumosa isn’t the right site for conducting illegal transactions. If these are unlicensed but legal, please post such requests on Taiwanted (the associated classifieds site); Forumosa is for discussions rather than transactions. If they are illegal, please do not post them on either site.

DB, Moderator

Hi, I ran across this forum while searching for some information on this auction website, mainly how to go about getting my account working and purchasing an item that ends in 3 days. I should mention up front that I actually live in New York, USA, and what’s snagging me is the need for a Taiwanese mobile phone number for them to call and send an activation code to.

The other issue though is actually getting the item in question: asking if the seller will accept paypal and what the shipping would be for international.

For the record, the item is this Hot Wheels truck here, which to my knowledge was in a box type exclusive to China and Taiwan. :eh: I collect the series as a whole and the truck itself is one of 7 I have left to get. I realize this is a tall order, but after digging around google for anything to work I’m at a dead end and could really use some help, advice, or even and intermediary if possible.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Hello.

You are one of many who have come on this forum asking the same favour almost verbatim, and I’m sorry to say that none of your predecessors have been successful.

There’s an element of distrust, you see, and what your asking is exactly the same as a (now) well-known scam.

If you’re genuine, I’d strongly suggest doing something to prove that. Hiding behind an anonymous username isn’t going to help, methinks.

That’s as helpful as I can be, I’m afraid.

Well if it helps I can be a little less anonymous: my name is Adrian McGowen, at 4372 Military Turnpike, Altona NY USA 12910-2712.

As far as scamming…yeah I read that song and dance that other fellow posted over the pirate games. That’s actually how I found this forum while looking for info, though I’m surprised nobody pointed out that generally using a tracking number on a shipment should prevent anyone from arguing “hey he never sent it” and confirm in the same stroke that “yep, it was sent.” At least that’s how I understand paypal’s handling of it after going through it with a scam artist on ebay.

If I can prove my integrity on this matter give me a shout how. Personally I’d rather just go through eBay Taiwan if I could for this thing but it seems they’ve only ever been listed on Ruten. :s

Well, that really was as helpful as I could be as I don’t have Paypal or a credit card. And, to be honest, I’m worried that I might be too trusting for my own good.

Perhaps what you could do is ask someone with a Ruten account (I don’t have one) to send the seller a message via Ruten saying that there’s a (presumably only English-speaking) foreign bloke abroad wanting to buy it if he could only relist it on eBay Taiwan, and if he’ll take Paypal for it; or maybe they can forward your contact info (email) to the seller so the seller can contact you if they’re interested and speak English.

Merely passing a message along doesn’t entail risk, and the remainder of making the transaction is up to you (as is appropriate).

I’m merging this into the aforementioned thread, as they are both on the same topic of where to find someone to place Ruten bids for you.

That sounds like the safest option all around, if anyone reading this happens to has one. Only concern there is if he agrees the item may get bid on and subsequently sold between now and then.

If someone could post that much on my behalf it’d be better than nothing. As for my email, it’s kungfuman@gmail.com .