Where can I find Taiwanese food?

As the title says. Thanks!

In Taiwan! Jeez! :roll_eyes:

Just follow the smell of burning greaseā€¦

1 Like

Do you mean Hakka, Kojia (koja) or plain Taiwanese?

L.A. has pretty good Taiwanese foodā€¦

2 Likes

Uhmm

it seems that the topic has been already discussed and it seems to be rather controvert!

Iā€™m guessing Our Lord and Saviour is just spamming the board with silly questions (which ATM?!), but for me at least this question isnā€™t absurd. I know Iā€™m not the only one on the board who isnā€™t a big fan of Taiwanese food - itā€™s fine, but itā€™s more fuel than an enjoyable dining experience. Iā€™d welcome recommendations of specific restaurants and dishes that could change my opinion of the local food. (In Danshui in particular.)

1 Like

What does make you think that?

Letā€™s talk about Trump!

Itā€™s current year, the correct term is ā€œproblematicā€ !

Heā€™s more of a Mexican food fanā€¦especially those taco bowls.

The most representative specialty in Danshui is a-gei (é˜æēµ¦). The aroma of boiled gym socks combined with the texture of some kind of sweaty tree fungus. Bon appetit!

1 Like

iā€™m not sure how people can have such a strong dislike of taiwanese food. i would describe it as mild and soupy. its just basic stuff, doesnā€™t provoke a strong emotion in me.

Hence my question, and thatā€™s why I seldom eat it. There must be better food out there beyond the acceptable but dull ā€œbasic stuffā€. OK, I donā€™t exactly trust the Taiwanese love of their cuisine, but all those Koreans and Japanese who come here to eat must be on to something.

Take two a-gei and call me in the morning.

i got no problems with ah gei!

Stinky tofu, beef noodles, the ā€˜famousā€™ dumpling place, thatā€™s probably why they come.

Take two iron eggs and call me in the morning? (do you, like, not have a gag reflex?)

Itā€™s either on the corner or around the corner.

@tempogain, there are similar threads previously posted and they werenā€™t temped. The topic has drawn some attention and there are interesting questions and discussions on this thread.

Why do you temp my thread about 7/11 and ATMs? Oh wait, this one is about Taiwanese food. My objections remain valid, though.

Depends on what youā€™re looking for. Even for a small island, many delicacies are from different parts. Tainan has some of my favorite Taiwanese cuisine. Taipei mostly just has a bunch of food from different parts of taiwan together.