Where can I go swimming this time of year?

Try Yuquan park indoor pool. I’ve not been there yet, but I came across this article.

taipeitimes.com/News/feat/ar … 1544/print

grab a towel and run outside - bet you could swim to hsin chu before you have to turn back. stop raining already! :wink:

There’s a pool at the new Nangang Sport Center. Go out of Houshanpi MRT at exit 4, go along a tad and turn left on the first road. It’s at the end next to the level crossing. A swim costs $110

It is marked on the maps in the station.

FYI, the Zhong Shan Sports Center now has an English-language web page:
http://www.cyc.org.tw/cssc/index_e.htm
I’m going to try it with my daughter tomorrow.

Have you tried the Government Exercise center? (Zhongzheng Yundong zhongxin) It’s across the street from CKS and has a 50m pool, water massagers, hot tub, sauna, steam room. The pool is definitely heated, and it costs 110 (70 or 80 if you’re a student).

I’ve heard there’s a pool near Shuanglian station too with the same features but 25m. I haven’t checked it out yet.

50 bucks for a swim???

You got to be joking… I pay $180 for a casual swim or pay the 10 passes vachuer for $1100.

Many, i got jibbed… May be I should move to where you live where ever that is. Since of getting ripped off in taichung.

[quote=“Anbende”]Have you tried the Government Exercise center? (Zhongzheng Yundong zhongxin) It’s across the street from CKS and has a 50m pool, water massagers, hot tub, sauna, steam room. The pool is definitely heated, and it costs 110 (70 or 80 if you’re a student).
I’ve heard there’s a pool near Shuanglian station too with the same features but 25m. I haven’t checked it out yet.[/quote]
When President Ma was Taipei Mayor Ma he started building an Exercise Center in each of Taipei’s neighborhoods. The NeiHu one opened last year. The ones mentioned by Anbende are part of this project. (Zhongzheng, Zhongshan, TaAn, ShiLin, NeiHu, etc.)

The city govt. built these exercise centers, but they are managed by non-govt. entities (hint: guanxi). The NeiHu one is managed by the same guy who manages the TaHu (& many other) swimming pools. He is very slow to fix broken facilities (the shower in the sauna was ‘fixed’ by removing the shower head and handle) and the reason the facilities break is because he buys cheap fixtures for household use & puts them in the industrial environment that is a public facility. (I have no proof that he charges the city landlord for the expensive, industrial fixtures, but it’s not rocket science…)

The Zhonzheng Ex Center is managed by a different group and has a very good reputation.

Summary: the Taipei neighborhood exercise centers are open to everyone and give pretty good value, but some are better than others.