Where can I make friends? aka the find-a-friend thread

Taiwanese here, spent most of my life in US, but moved around a lot. Came back to Taiwan last year for military service and currently living in Taichung (spend most of my time at the local kart track)

Can hit me up on facebook or whatever :slight_smile: or come by the Taichung Kart track, if I am there and you dont speak Chinese, I’m usually the track side translator for them.

Hello everyone :slight_smile:

I am New in Forumosa…I wish i can find many friends here…

Hope everyone have successful life for the 2013 …Cheers!!

Hi Forumosa. I’m male, 27, straight, and new here as well. I’m a Taiwanese American and came to Taipei about 3 years ago to work here as a programmer. I can’t seem to get very close to my co-workers even though I am fluent in Mandarin, which kinda makes sense since I’ve spent 20 years in the US. I’ve sort of gone SOHO so my social life is still zero. :neutral: I like to play badminton, make digital paintings, and occasionally KTV. I’m not really a clubbing or drinking person. I could really appreciate someone to talk to in English :bow:

contact info: pm or gnawessej@gmail.com

Hi, fellow Forumosa users.

Taiwanese Americans here, male, currently at Tainan. (sadly not Taipei where everything seems to be going on at)

Originally from Los Angeles, looking forward to meet girls who come from Los Angeles also or US or just capable to chat fluently in English for that matter.

take care

Steven

Hey every buddy,

Kind of have the same sentiment as OP, I’m a cook so my work hours are unpredictable. I’m trying to keep my work life and social life separate but realized my work keeps me from having such a social life.

I love beer and live in TPE so hit me up if ya’ll want to chill.

PS, I speak both English and Chinese.

Hey everyone. I’m in Taipei until the 22nd of February, and was looking for people to hang out and explore Taipei/northern Taiwan with. I’m a 27 year old guy from Australia (though I don’t mind what age/gender/nationality you are). I don’t drink at all, but I’m up for pretty much anything else. I particularly enjoy hiking and visiting historical or otherwise interesting places.

I know a little Chinese, but not enough to carry a proper conversation. If you want to meet up, send me a PM.

[quote=“Speedemon”]Hi, fellow Forumosa users.

Taiwanese Americans here, male, currently at Tainan. (sadly not Taipei where everything seems to be going on at)

Originally from Los Angeles, looking forward to meet girls who come from Los Angeles also or US or just capable to chat fluently in English for that matter.

take care

Steven[/quote]
Go take a look at Tin Pan alley in Beimen road near the train station or Willy’s in Jiankang road. On the weekends (usually afternoons are best) you could go to the beach (not Golden beach or Anping beach) - Head down jiankang towards Anping until you get to the 漁光大橋 Yú​ Guāng​ Dà​ Qiáo. Go over the bridge and turn left at the T-junction. Go on for about a kilometer or more until you see a small park on your left (you should have passed an elementary school and tennis courts on your left already, there are only trees on the right). At the park, you should see a small path to the right. It goes on for about 20 meters. At the end turn right and drive along the dirt road for about 100m. You should see the beach and two bamboo structures on the beach. Loads of people hang out there on weekends. BYOB.

Hello, I am French and I am married to a Taiwanese woman and we have a 7 year old son. We now live in Spain.

I love Taiwan, and we try to go at least once a year.

We try to sell our houses in Europe to live permanently in Taiwan.

My wife speaks Chinese but not me. I speak a little English and of course French.

It will be nice if I could make friends with people in Taiwan.

I do not work, and I created a dating site International take care in the meantime.

Does anyone wants to be friends with us?

Thx for the point out there bismarck.

I might have drove by the place you mention before.
But, I’ll double check to confirm the location again!!

Thanks!!!

Steven

[quote=“bismarck”]
Go take a look at Tin Pan alley in Beimen road near the train station or Willy’s in Jiankang road. On the weekends (usually afternoons are best) you could go to the beach (not Golden beach or Anping beach) - Head down jiankang towards Anping until you get to the 漁光大橋 Yú​ Guāng​ Dà​ Qiáo. Go over the bridge and turn left at the T-junction. Go on for about a kilometer or more until you see a small park on your left (you should have passed an elementary school and tennis courts on your left already, there are only trees on the right). At the park, you should see a small path to the right. It goes on for about 20 meters. At the end turn right and drive along the dirt road for about 100m. You should see the beach and two bamboo structures on the beach. Loads of people hang out there on weekends. BYOB.[/quote]

Hello.
My English is noy very well.
I’m Taiwanese.
I’m surely to make friends with foreigner.
No matter use English or Chinese.
SO, search my Facebook 李伊顓 and chat with me.

Hey guys!

I just moved to Taipei and am looking to meet some people. I really like it here so far but it’d be great to meet some cool people to show me around. Im a 29 y/o female from the US, but spent the last 3 years in London, England. Send me a message if you’re around Taipei!

Sarah

[quote=“sarahsox84”]Hey guys!
Im a 29 y/o female from the US, but spent the last 3 years in London, England. Send me a message if you’re around Taipei!
Sarah[/quote]

Where are you from? PLEEEAASE say California so we can be friends :laughing:

I’m uh… from California…?

Nope, east coast!

Hello,i’m Taiwanese girl :slight_smile:
i’m living in Taipei.
i’m 18.
I want to enhance my English and i want to make friend :slight_smile:
Although my english is poor , i’ll try my best to commute with foreigners :slight_smile:

Hi everyone,
I am currently on studying abroad here in Taiwan at Taipei. I really do not know anyone here. I just moved into the dorms a few days ago. I’d like to make friends with everyone locals/foreigners/male/female, it doesn’t really matter. Although for those who native language is Chinese, my Chinese isn’t very good, but I can at least perhaps make conversation with a little bit of playing charades to get what I want to say across. I plan to stay here for 2 semesters so I will be here awhile.
I am 20 Male and American-born Chinese ABC.
Please message me if you want to be friends! It would be nice that I won’t be completely by myself for my stay :slight_smile:.

Hi all,

I don’t know anyone in Taipei. would be great if I have friends to go around with and talk to (and be an idiot with). I’m Leifennie, 21 this year from Malaysia. Grew up with many languages but I’m most comfortable with speaking in English. PM me! <3

Hello People

I’m 28 Male/Chinese from Singapore and would like to broaden my circle of friend in Taipei. I am cool with both Chinese and English conversion.
PM me for my contact with a short introduction of yourself.

:sunglasses:

I’m now having this problem too! I was born in Taipei but grew up mostly in Canada, just recently moved back this week as well and I have no idea where to meet friends! :frowning: I’m 25 girl and I live in Taichung, I can speak both English + Chinese perfectly but I would love to meet friends who can speak mostly English! Especially people who likes games as I’m a big nerdy gamer girl! XD

Where may I meet single Western ladies in Taipei?

If you are interested in having a drink, please PM.

cheers

Salut, I would like to meet a Western lady for casual friendship. No, I don’t want to learn english. Just want to speak with a member of the opposite gender with intelligence, flair, independence and mental stability about meaningful topics.

If interested, please PM