Where can I make friends? aka the find-a-friend thread

Hey guys. Im new in taiwan.im working here.and i want to have taiwanese frends. Unfortunately they dont understand english.i want to have friends who know english. So tired doing sign language.hehehe.add me up on fb if ever.ty

Darn, was just about to say go to the Friday event at Mayan’s, but you wanted Taiwanese friends and none of us are actually from Taiwan I think.

Darn, was just about to say go to the Friday event at Mayan’s, but you wanted Taiwanese friends and none of us are actually from Taiwan I think.[/quote]

Haha.sorry.i mean not just taiwanese.sorry for that.i want to come.but unfortunately i have work on that day.

Hey Folks,

I’m from the UK, recently moved to Taipei (Shilin), and I’m looking to make some new friends/hommies/chums.

I’m a very chilled guy, and if anyone would like to go for a coffee (or scooter trip through the countryside/Taipei rush hour), or just a general mooch about and a chat, drop me a line.

G :slight_smile:

Hello!

My name is Lakai. I am a twenty-one-year-old Asian American of Cambodian-Chinese descent. I am arriving to Taiwan in a week for school in Taichung–Providence University, and would like to make friends. While I hope to make friends in the University, I also hope to make friends beyond it too. Hmm…I wouldn’t consider myself the type to enjoy clubbing or the bars. I am more drawn into things like sight-seeing, meditation, and outdoorsy activities. My Mandarin is still in the beginning level so I can get by with English. I can also understand Khmer, however, I am not orally fluent in it.

Don’t hesitate to PM me! Thank you.

Hello,
I arrived Taiwan at 6 of August and stay in Zhongli City for 3 years.
My Name is Ralf, I am 42 years old, not married and I am searching for new friends near me. If you are interested to meet a funny German guy, then write me.
Ralf

Hello,
I’m a native Taiwanese girl in my mid 30s. My boyfriend is an Aussie, who has lived in Taipei with me for a little more than 2 months. I’m currently trying to teach him to speak Mandarin, which is quite difficult. lol. I’m looking to find some English-speaking friends for us because I really don’t want to translate the whole time when we hang out. It can be a little annoying. :stuck_out_tongue: We live in Zhonghe, New Taipei City. So, if you need to hang out (have coffee, go dining, sightseeing, etc) with a local (me) and an xpat (him), feel free to leave me a msg.
Coral

Hi everyone,

I just arrive in Taichung, I study at Asia University, I am french and can speak (french obviously) spanish and english, I know some japanese and I am learning madarin.

:slight_smile:

I love to go to swim (beaches or lake) and I want to visit Taiwan.
Feel free to contact me, if you are near here! :smiley:

Hello,

i have been in Taiwan, Taipei for a couple of days now for my internship and i want to meet new people :stuck_out_tongue:
i am 20 years old from the Netherlands.
My interest are, sports, movies, videogames and much more haha

if you feel like grabbing a drink feel free to PM me :slight_smile:

C U i hope ;p

I live in Taichung.
I am looking for good coffee and good conversation.

facebook.com/skyler.king.980

Greetings from the city of Taichung,

I am male 28, raised up in Taichung then lived in Seattle for more then 15 years and decided to move back to TW to pursue a different career path.

Would love to meet some new people in town that has similar background as mine. The opening post put it in the best way: sometimes it’s damn hard to find people that you can connect with. (similar background)

So if you like to watch a NFL/NBA game on Sunday nite, BBQ party, hiking, travel around Taiwan, etc… you should definitely pm me.

You can always line/email me to start the conversation, and if you are close to Taichung, we can go grab a drink as well.

Peace.

-Paul

I’m an ABC living and working in Taipei. I used to study mandarin at 師大 (MTC) for 2 years and now I’m working in a PR agency. I’ve been in Taiwan for 3 years. Now that I’m working and not in “school” I no longer have the chance to meet many new people. A lot of my friends from MTC have also went home So some of my interests are deep house, soulful house, jazz music, finance/economics (I have trading experience), small businesses or startups in Taiwan, MMA (spectator), Judo and BJJ (participant), badminton, ping pong, indoor rock climbing, biking, hiking, looking things up on Wikipedia, and computer games. I’m pretty sure there’s a lot more but that’s enough for now. If you found any of that appealing feel free to send me a private message.

I’m 26

[quote=“boboloh123”]Hello,

I have been in Taiwan, Taipei for a couple of days now for my internship and I want to meet new people :stuck_out_tongue:
I am 20 years old from the Netherlands.

C U I hope ;p[/quote]

Who will pay for the drink, or is it going Dutch :slight_smile:

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk 4

[quote=“Belgian Pie”][quote=“boboloh123”]Hello,

I have been in Taiwan, Taipei for a couple of days now for my internship and I want to meet new people :stuck_out_tongue:
I am 20 years old from the Netherlands.

C U I hope ;p[/quote]

Who will pay for the drink, or is it going Dutch :slight_smile:

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk 4[/quote]

hahaha lets see who can drink the most!
so your from belgium?
thats cool haha

pm me if you wanna hang out sometime

To my surprise, so many overseas born Chinese backed in Taiwan. What happened out there?

I’m local Taiwanese 45m, never married, running 2 businesses in Taiwan. If you search 薑博士 in Google, the first search result popping up in the list is me. (Yes I have a book)

I have a wide range of interests: singing, songwriting… (read my profile). Other than those, especially, if you are interested in doing business with export/import of delicate dried fruits or other dried produces from Taiwan, PM me.

More business-wise info will follow but not good to be posted here. Watch out for my future posts in business section. They might change your lives.

Hello! I am interested in meeting people in the Zhongli area. I am 23, female, American and teaching English for the next year. I am looking for friends only.

Anyone live in Taoyuan county? Taoyuan city, Zhongli city …etc!

facebook.com/

Hi, I’m look Taiwanese, but I grew up in the US and I’m currently attending college in Taipei. It feels lonely sometimes because all my friends are Taiwanese, and I feel like a foreigner.
I’m interested in meeting friends close to my age. Anyone want to hang out?
I’m 18, female. I love sports/ hanging out !

1 Like

hi there , my name is Craig :slight_smile:) i also live in Taichung. I can teach you madarin if you like :smiley:

Wow, there’s people in Taichung!

:smiley: