Where do you/don't you watch the FIFA WorldCup'06

[quote=“BeInBliss”][quote=“stan”] … and where is the place to go for the finals?

In Taipei the choice is obvious…

Go

to

The TAVERN! :slight_smile:

Just asking… I’m in Germany for business so I know where I’m gonna go! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
It’s all about timing those business trips… not that much business is getting done at the moment anyway. :sunglasses:[/quote]

Nice planning of your bizzo trip… can you watch the games live in a the stadium…? (or at least the GER match(es)… or do you watch at home or in a bar with friends?How much does a ticket go for? (I was in Germany for the '88 European finals and tickets were black market already about 500 Euro then…)

… why is the Tavern the obvious choice in TPE? I mean, busy is busy and when people have to watch from outside then I imagine it’s pretty packed inside so how do you get a drink and how can you enjoy the game in a crowd like that…?Of course Tavern is sports bar #1 here and have many screens all over… but still…
Is it that crowd that attracts us hurd animals… ? …guess it is…

May the best team win and may everybody have great fun…where ever or how they watch…

(…wouldn’t it be a surprise if HOL won after all…?..)[/quote]

My trip came out of the blue, rather unplanned. So, no, I don’t have tickets, so I watch in the pubs, on the street, in the fan zone, anywhere where there’s a gathering of people and beer available. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

How do I get a beer when it’s that busy in The Tavern? I either go early enough, to get a seat or I make sure Jill (server) notices I am there. Believe me, nobody goes without a beer while Jill is on duty!

To the Tavern Captain: Jill = server of the month… every month… :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I’ll have to pop in at the Bliss when I’m back. I can’t spend all me money at The Tavern.

[quote=“stan”] Believe me, nobody goes without a beer while Jill is on duty!

To the Tavern Captain: Jill = server of the month… every month… :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I’ll have to pop in at the Bliss when I’m back. I can’t spend all me money at The Tavern.[/quote]

…ha… tell me about it…I once went there and just wanted a beer and ended up having 5 or 6 …

…like your idea of ‘spreading your spending’… haha

Did you read the explanation in the other thread? If there’s no satellite feed, there’s no feed. How on earth can you plan for that? And how on earth can you “fix it”? Give the guy a break![/quote]
Why are there feeds on 3 of the 4 sets but not on the first set? How is this possible? A minute ago they had some Taiwanese TV show on, then they turn it to the blue screen. At the least they could have put the TV on channel 38 or 50.

Its the WORLD CUP dude. No slack. Bliss gets a RED CARD.

I recommend watching it at that basketball stadium. At least you’ll get a seat.

Cheers STan, hope Jill does not follow this thread otherwise next time wages negotiations come up sure, she will quote you. Sure the Tavern-Premier will be full for the Final but as stated in other threads since we do this sort of thing for many years, we learned our lessons and do not overpack which means more comfort for those that either reserve or come early and more sales as waitresses and waiters like Jill can get to the customers. Recommend the Heineken 5L barrels, they come with a cooler and so you have always (depending how thirsty you are) a fresh and cold glass of premimum Beer. As for me, I will watch The Final at 2500M above sea level in a nice Chalet.

Anyone going to watch it at Taipei Arena 小巨蛋???

Looks like it’ll be a blast with 6000 people.

Yeah right…! I’ve seen the Refs make all sorts of mistakes and draw all sorts of debatable cards…

:bravo:

Well I’m not going into any discussion about this anymore… in the end we saved the day by having the game on on local tv on the big screen upstairs and 1 big screen and a tv downstairs… and nobody watched uncomfortably… we could’ve had the 3rd screen on too if only one of our cables hadn’t turned out to be more like a toe tag…

:smiley:

By the way…satellite is back on… if you want a seat, better come early…we’re gonna be packed again tonight…

Hi guys, I’m new to this forum.
I am in Taiwan on-and-off, due to my LDR with a Taiwanese.
This thread is dead for 10 years.
OK…
Anyways, I’ll be in TPE this April and I’d like to watch some of the Champions League matches in a sportsbar.
Which one/s do you reccomend?

On tap

Thank you, Gregski!

I’ll reside in Sanchong District, near MRT St. Ignatius in New Taipei.

Walking + MRT will take ~1hour. Not too bad for Taipei!

Time diff will make me watch replay there, as it will be live ~3 o’clock…

Cheers!