Where do you let your dog pee?

[quote=“xiaojuan”]
jands, would you by any chance remember what website it was that you and your husband looked at, and how you inquired about certain laws. I found your story and information really helpful, as I’ve been meaning to do something similar. Did you do this all in Chinese or English?[/quote]

My husband translated all the letters into Chinese.

We first contacted the Kaohsiung City Mayor’s office, via their website. The direct link to the email form is here: soweb.kcg.gov.tw/tomayor.aspx?it … 7781635492

On the Chinese website ( kcg.gov.tw/english/ ).

When you file the complaint, get help from a local. It requires them to enter their ID number etc. These emails are treated as official correspondence.

The first letter simply asked if there were any laws prohibiting dogs in pubic parks and to provide information about the law. The email reply was that there were no laws prohibiting dogs in public parks, but that dogs must be on the leash, and they also advised us that if you do not clean up the dog poop you can get a 600 dollar fine.

After this we wrote a second email complaining about what was happening. We then received a reply via snail-mail (because it involved a third party). Kaohsiung City then referred us to the Kaohsiung County Mayor’s office, who then acted as an intermediary between us and our township’s government.