Where to buy LP guidebooks in Taipei

Does anyone know and can help me - where can I buy Lonely Planet guidebooks in Taipei? I was able to buy Ecuador one in one of the Eslite Stores in K Underground Mall under Taipei Main Station but they literally had five or six countries in English and that was it. I am interested in South America guidebooks. Thanks in advance!

These days probably the best places are the two big Eslite stores: the Dunnan branch (a bit south of Zhongxiao Dunhua Station) and the Xinyi Branch (at Taipei City Hall Station).

If I’m reading the page below right, both of those branches (and a bunch more) have the Lonely Planet Peru, for example.

Do keep in mind that ordering from Amazon can sometimes be cheaper (and is absolutely cheaper if you order a Kindle version, but personally I don’t like e-books for guidebook); plus Amazon is more likely to have newer editions.

Thank you. I went to the dunnan store earlier today and I bought the books I wanted. Thu were not overpriced and they were printed this year. They have a special shelf full of all possible LP books and they also have a wide selection of other publishing houses guidebooks.
I also am not able to travel with digital editions. It is simply not convenient enough, takes longer to open and it is impossible to compare stuff if you’re thinking were to go,etc. At least in my experience.

I buy all of mine online so that I can highlight them in yellow and also just share pages with other people. It comes in handy especially when we’re travel to meet in different locations and need to meet somewhere I just highlight and forward that section of Lonely Planet.

It becomes a useful collaborative tool.

Plus I travel light. Never more than one book for reading whenever Electronics is not available.

I’m annoyed that the Lonely Planet guide for Antarctica is only available as an online version, via WiFi.

FarEastOne does not provide any WiFi cover over Antarctica, so I’m screwed right away. Get with the times, Tsai Ing Wen. its all your fault. next time I’m voting Trump.

1 Like

If you dont know where to find free WiFi in Antarctica then you are a tourist, not a traveler and don’t deserve to go there.

Say no to free wifi for Foreigners! Antarctica for the Antarcticans! :rant:

Why don’t you guys stop all those political provocations. I know very well who’s paying you!!!