Where's The Beef? Right here baby...All New Forumosa Steak Club

Last month, GooseEgg and I took advantage of a care package coming from an Alberta ranch. What turned out to be a fairly low investment of less than 5000NT each, got us a big bag of incredible frozen steaks. These pics aren’t of our order, but of one slightly larger than ours.

I now have the wherewithal, well 95% of the way there, to share this amazing deal with other expats. So, I’d love to see if any of you would be interested in joining a Club for Beef. Just fill out this form, but don’t send any money yet. I am still putting some final details together vis-a-vis prices and delivery times.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=197GfUCPSlLvwAx4s3GGkoqVEGxocWQjT6LAY7WFsusk

1 Like

I love ribeyes with bones. I see NY strip, filets, and some others that I’m not sure about. I guess I’d have to know more before I’d join. Importing meat is not easy here - especially bones. I see a mix of steaks. I also would want to know what grade and if there any additives/tenderizers.

Prime and AAA grades and as far as I can tell, no additives. Really mouth-watering slabs o cow. I will look into bone in meats for you, but this first order will only be prime rib and ribeye (no bones).

Does it have to be a monthly commitment?

Or can it be a one time order (5kNTD) once or twice a year?

Absolutely a come and go as you please policy.

@Toe_Save invited me into the last round and I am grateful. This is some seriously good beef.

My wife usually buys our steaks and she gets them from a Wellcome or Jason’s. But these slabs from the Great White North were something else. At least twice as thick, they were hefty cuts of meat. I was so excited when we unsealed and cooked the first one.

We do a simple salt rub on each side and then we pan-fried it on high heat with only a little oil. Two minutes a side, and 3 flips got me a juicy medium-rare steak. I’m getting hungry now as I think of it (and I just ate lunch!)

It took longer than expected for the order to come in. I wasn’t complaining - this is a pretty informal process. Maybe forming this “Steak Club” will help :slight_smile: I was most interested in getting really nice meat. We are happy!

(Below isn’t quite how we make our steaks on the stove, but it’s pretty close)

1 Like

Hello, is this club still a thing?

Unfortunately not.