šŸŒ šŸŒ World | Which Country Would You Most Like To Visit, And Why?

Iā€™ve never been to Scotland and Ireland, the lands of my forebears. I hope that I can actualize that dream before my demise.

There are no other countries in Europe that I would give a shit to visit.

Iā€™ve never been to South America. Would love to see Venezuela, Ecuador, Peru and Argentina.

Iā€™d like to visit America, just for the free groping on the way out. :thumbsup:

Kyrgyzstan because itā€™s apparently beautiful and far off the beaten path.

North Korea, because itā€™s a bizarre parallel universe; a nightmarish reality veiled by a surreal facade.

1 Like

I want to go to Australia and New Zealand. Iā€™ve never been to the southern hemisphere, and thereā€™s so much to see there that the mind boggles trying to make a list. The Great Barrier Reef, Steve Irwinā€™s zoo, Sydney, the outbackā€¦ I could probably spend a month there, even if I donā€™t manage to also get to New Zealand.

I also want to get to Poland some day, to see where my people come from, though my cousinā€™s been and says itā€™s really not all that exceptional.

My former husbandā€™s uncle is a boat operator and wildlife biologist who lives in Bressay in the Shetlands. I keep joking with Jonathan that if he will let me know which day they plan to have summer, that Iā€™ll come visitā€¦ and I do hope to take the kids there someday but it is an amazing slog to get there even from London, never mind coming from Seattle.

Mostly, right now, with the temps at -3C and snowing (4 cm on the ground and accumulating further), I want to come back to Taiwan. There, I said it.

Taiwan, for the food/girls/food/girls/food/girls/food/girls :smiley: Miss food found in Taiwan and the 20-30s goils found there as well. Plus theres lots i aint done on the Wan. LIke to visit parts of the Southern Cross, take in Green and Orchid islands as well as the other smaller islands of penghu, take the HSR all the say down to Ktown, drive around the island again. Maybe stay in a few of those nice new hotels all around the place as well. Do a lot of eating at all the nice eating places. GAwk at tW girls :slight_smile:

But yea, tons of places id like to go. OZ, brazil-argentina, many points in Europe, Maldives, Tahiti, and other island paradises.

Anywhere south of the equator, as Iā€™ve never managed to get south of it and I dunno, itā€™s just something I want to do as Iā€™ve been so close so many times. Although I guess Australia, New Zealand, loads of the islands in-between and Argentina all looks temptingā€¦

Norway - Iā€™ve had a fascination with the fjords since childhood. Viking ships and Eric the Red, etc, too, but just the fjords will do.

Sweden & Denmark - seems like they must be so clean and beautiful. I recall, too, the postcard my dad once sent me from Sweden, showing a bevy of beautiful blond swedish girls running naked into the sea. :slight_smile:

Austria & Switzerland - Iā€™ve been to Germany and in particular Bavaria, and greatly enjoyed it, but would like to rent/buy a Beamer and go explore the alps, perhaps taking my bike off the roof some days to go for an awesome hill climb and other days going hiking.

Australia & New Zealand - Curious to see the land down under. Gotta go bungie jumping and river rafting and sky diving, etc in the adventureland of NZ, but also want to see NZā€™s stunning beauty.

Peru & Bolivia - been fascinated by Machu Pichu since childhood. Would have to chew a few coca leaves on the way up there.

Sweden, Scotland, Mongolia, Chile, and Barbados, because i have never been there, and I wouldnā€™t mind going back to Ghana, Botswana and Namibia for more of that African goodness.

Itā€™s not a country, but given a free ticket to anywhere, Iā€™d go to Antarctica.

Iā€™d just like to dip my toes into the icy waters of Lake Vostok while watching the polar bears chasing the bearded seals.

Bhutan - the so-called happiest country in the world.

Any of the "Stans - because many years ago I met a tour group from one of them who told me great stories about their country but I canā€™t remember which country, so Iā€™ll go to them all.

Ukraine - coz I want to go on one of the Chernobyl tours.

zender:

that would be those polar bears that migrated there last year following the dismal ice season in the Arctic?

and the bearded seals that got lost in a big storm off Alaska the year before?

At least Iā€™ll have Lake Vostok.

Got to go to my number 1 (Iceland) last year. It was all I had hoped it would be and more. I just wish I could have gone for longer.

The ā€˜stans are also high on my list (but Iā€™ve heard the visas can be a nightmare), as are the three Caucasus countries (theyā€™ll probably be my next destination). Turkey, which Iā€™ve been to before, is frickinā€™ rad and Iā€™d love to go back and my wife would love to go also. Iā€™d also like to go to Iran.

Someone mentioned having heard that Poland isnā€™t that great. I beg to differ. It has a fascinating history (and the different regions are quite different culturally), and the Poles are hyper-aware of their history and only too willing to tell it (try getting five minutes into a conversation without the name Jan Sobieski coming up). It also has an incredibly diverse set of landscapes. It has the sea, mountains, lakes, forests. Polish women are pretty hot too.

Cool. I forgot Iceland. Thatā€™s on my list too, in part because people say thatā€™s where the most beautiful women in the world are and in part due to this terrific and surreal movie. :thumbsup:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_Fever

1 Like

Iceland sounds terrific. Amazing geography. Dunno about the people, never met one.

Will soon be going to England, finally. After attending a British institute and reading so much about it, I am so excited. Last summer my coworker was in London and he broght a bunch of brochures about museums and showed me pics of the famous book market. Cool! Hope I can make a quick trip to Edimburg. Also cool.

IĀ“d like to vist a really developed country -anything Northern Europe. I want to see what the fuss is all about.

IĀ“m too fearful to go to any exotic destination like you guys. Would love to go to Turkey or any Arab country, though, to learn more about them.

I would like to finish my goal of visiting every country in South America. I have already been to Peru, Boliva, and Brazil. I would love to visit Venezuela, Argentinian, Columbia, Paraguay, Uruguay, Chile, Ecuador and Suriname.

[quote=ā€œGuyInTaiwanā€]Got to go to my number 1 (Iceland) last year. It was all I had hoped it would be and more. I just wish I could have gone for longer.

The ā€˜stans are also high on my list (but Iā€™ve heard the visas can be a nightmare), as are the three Caucasus countries (theyā€™ll probably be my next destination). Turkey, which Iā€™ve been to before, is frickinā€™ rad and Iā€™d love to go back and my wife would love to go also. Iā€™d also like to go to Iran.

Someone mentioned having heard that Poland isnā€™t that great. I beg to differ. It has a fascinating history (and the different regions are quite different culturally), and the Poles are hyper-aware of their history and only too willing to tell it (try getting five minutes into a conversation without the name Jan Sobieski coming up). It also has an incredibly diverse set of landscapes. It has the sea, mountains, lakes, forests. Polish women are pretty hot too.[/quote]

I agree that Polish women are nice. I really loved those Polish women at my German University.

[quote=ā€œzenderā€]Itā€™s not a country, but given a free ticket to anywhere, Iā€™d go to Antarctica.

Iā€™d just like to dip my toes into the icy waters of Lake Vostok while watching the polar bears chasing the bearded seals.[/quote]Now, that would be sight to see. Polar Bears in Antarctica! That would make life tough for me and the rest of the residents of Shiverpool!

But, the idea to relocate Polar Bears to Antarctica has recently been floated as a way to save the species from what experts say is sure distinction due to the warming climate and loss of their natural habitat, ice-flows. Maybe not too far in the future it will be a reality as a last ditch effort to save them.

MT: Icelandic women are pretty hot, well most of them. Bjork is kind of funny looking, but sheā€™s atypical.

Icon: Iā€™ve been to Finland, Sweden, Denmark and Iceland (not Norway though). The Nordic countries are pretty special. Expensive, but special.