Which USA credit card do you use to give you best rewards travelling from USA and Taiwan?

I really like EVA but am open to other airlines too. Currently the Chase Sapphire series is very appealing, but was wondering if frequent travelers to Taiwan have experience and could give input on which credit card rewards programs work best with Taiwanese airlines, etc.

China Airlines credit card has been very generous to me.

What do you like about the Saphire card? What’s the annual fee? What’s the interest rate?

the Chase Sapphire card works for me because I tend to fly United and you can transfer your earned “points” to United’s Miles program which can be used to get “award travel” on any Star Alliance carrier. So I have taken many ‘award flights’ using Eva Air.

Here’s a list of their airline& hotel partners that you can transfer points to.

Also the card is made of some kind of thicker un-bendable plastic so many sales people will comment on how cool it is. The downside is you cannot cut the card in half once it has expired because of the material used. But they do give you a pre-paid postage envelope to send them the card to destroy.

Chase’s service is also excellent. I have lost my card twice and they have sent a new card 2-day international priority to Taiwan free of charge.

Also they do not charge a foreign transaction fee and use a non-commission/fee inflated currency rate.

(fyi-- Chase just came out with a newer Sapphire Reserve card with a take-your-breath-away $450 annual fee— but you do get $300 in travel credit each year)

Thanks for the info. I have a Chase Visa. The Safire Card sounds good but the fee sounds expensive for my use. Ie I usually fly EVA to the US once a year.

Citi prestige lets you transfer to Eva and earns more than csr (5% airplanes and restaurants). Having more than one of these premium cards has diminishing returns but if a few hundred isn’t a big deal it’s fun having them all. Chase quadfecta on one side and citi trifecta on the other equals fun credit card usage.