Who Wants a Book Deal?

Hey Flob,

Two things we all have in common, we love to write and we have a connection to Taiwan. So I thought immediately of this community when this opportunity crossed my desk. I wonder if it might not be someone around here’s cup of tea???

Someone at Disney wants to create a novel (or series) for 10-14 yr olds exploring Taiwanese folklore, superstition, mysticism, etc…Here’s the brief:

Style Guide

GENRES
◆◆ Fantasy
◆◆ Action-Adventure
◆◆ Sci-Fi

STORYTELLING ELEMENTS
◆◆ Relatable main character with a challenge to overcome
◆◆ Mythology/cultural connection
◆◆ Distinct narrative voice
◆◆ Fast pace
◆◆ Suspenseful plot
◆◆ Imagination
◆◆ Humor
◆◆ Emotional resonance
◆◆ Age-appropriate vocabulary
AGE GROUP: 10-14
WORD COUNT: Between 75,000-100,000

Let me know if you are interested in this project and I’ll let you know how to enter the competition. Either by PM or at toesave@gmail.com

Me!

I’ve been thinking about writing a book entitled Chodofu Pungdow Dienfong which deals with the aftermath of a Chinese invasion of Taiwan. After civil war breaks out in the U.S. China Invades Taiwan and the entire Taiwanese government either ends up secretly being on China’s payroll or on jets to countries where they hold second passports. A group of Taiwanese and foreign middle school students from an international school travels to the mountains to join the resistance, which is being led by Wubai and a loincloth-clad Richard Hartzell. After numerous fatalities, the resistance ends up being led by a fourteen-year-pld Taiwanese boy-man who calls himself Joe of Arc.After Donald Trump triumphs in America’s civil war, he marches on to victory over China and Taiwan’s adolescent hero leads Taiwan to permanent independence from China.

Movie rights not included.

1 Like

Are you serious? I’m not being funny, but I’m just surprised that someone at Disney is even aware of the existence of Taiwanese folklore, nevermind considering a book based upon it. What’s the backstory?

Give me two and a half more pages and I’ll think about pitching it.

Yes. I have told you what I know.

Fascinating, captain. I wonder if China will have something to say about it.