Why choose to work and settle in taiwan?

Gold mining, iron mining?
Rio Tinto is such a wealthy company that they can pay 30 Aussie dollar an hour (12 hours shift) minimum, for just waiting there, and be available in case someone needed help. Sometimes 12 hours doing nothing. Ok that was a lucky job I got back in 2010 , but there are a few jobs like this especially when you work for big mining companies. And it is all about safefy, 0 accident, a 3 minutes task has to be performed in 15 minutes so that you make sure you respect all safety procedures.
One day Aussie economy will suffer though when no more natural resource will be found.

Google uses HTC to manufacture Pixel 2, which has better camera than iPhone X and has front speakers. The collaboration is so good that Google bought up HTCā€™s design department. Thatā€™s a new hope for Taiwanā€™s skilled workers, who can always benefit from global competition.

1 Like

You hit on my sentiments exactly

I live simplyā€¦ itā€™s great for me as Taiwan has so much stuff to do thatā€™s free so making big bucks isnā€™t necessary for me

Iā€™ve thought of that thoughā€¦Married with a family? Id be screwed.

Iā€™ve thought the same. Is it any wonder Taiwanā€™s birthrate is so low?

It would be doable for me economically (barely), but I wouldnā€™t want to put my kids through Taiwanā€™s education system. Iā€™ve seen the results, and itā€™s not pretty.

2 Likes

Donā€™t blame the system.
Blame the parenting.

It takes a village to raise aā€¦never mind.

Or, go ahead.
Whatever.

Does it take a chicken to lay an egg, or vice-versa? :ponder:

HTC is not an iPhone. You canā€™t get a girl by showing off your new HTC in the club. Most people donā€™t care about capabilities and reliability of devices they buy, they buy the ā€œimageā€, the ā€œdreamā€, sold to them via marketing. While Pixel is not HTC, itā€™s also still not an iPhone. Also, remember, Google bought Motorola once, in similar circumstances. Didnā€™t end well.

You can be a good parent here, you can invest in your childā€™s education to develop him as a person, cherish his creativity and his dreams instead focusing on high grades and blind obedience. And then heā€™ll fail in the system, completely. Because the system is not created for somebody like him. System and parenting are two sides of one coin here.

1 Like

So what, let em fail, anyway they call our kids foreigners too. Not sure for states. but is easy to enterence EU universities. Def does not make sense to pass uni in taiwan, elementary schools seems kinda ok in taiwan, and in high school, well they will just suck it up. This is life and life is not allways fair, better they learn early how to deal with stress.
I feel education is not that terrible here, is good kids learn to take a bit of responsibility with drill of hard work. No offense folks, but look italians, spanish youth. Spoiled as fuck, living with parents all in 30s, even 40s without real jobsā€¦
I do not know, for me was a negative thing, taiwan is a place, which is just too chinese conservative, is so dominant, there is not much other thoughts, neither understanding of world outside of taiwan. I was mostly afraid of being controlled by parents in law, and affraid they will allways dominant my wife. And even more affraid i will end up in typical taiwanese job with typical conservative taiwanese boss. Do not know, maybe i think too much. I actually have to work now during working hours. Maybe in taiwan, i would sit on chair and playing fb for few hours. Maybe i would love it lol.

However taiwan can change as well.Never understimate it.

So far so good- for iPhone. But Google Pixel 2 is a real threat. iPhone X is clearly inferior in low-light photography and video quality. Itā€™s A11 Bionic is matched by Google Visual Core, which manufactured by Intel. Without one rear camera less than iPhone X, Pixel 2 manages to create better photos and videos. Selfie taken with Pixel 2 is also better.

Google is getting better everyday to form its own coherent ecosystem. Many long-term Apple fans have noticed that and decided to defect.

Ever since Apple became a swallow fan of Googleā€™s flat design, its future is ā€˜just another phoneā€™.

In the end, itā€™s very good for the consumers. Taiwan is an expert in cut-throat business. So commoditization of Apple products is good for Taiwan.