Why do I always rub South Africans the wrong way?

anyway, any statement that “such and such a race are superior because they did this and this” is practically racist anyway. whomever you are calling superior or inferior.

any comment that notices the colour of a person and uses that to define them in one way or another is essentially racist by definition. who cars what colour people are? what matters is whether they are nice people or not. once people look at others without using their eyes to judge them (which is not quite the oxymoron it seems) the whole place will be a lot better off.

then we can settle down to blowing people up or cutting their testicles off because of the various heretical beliefs and strange Dogs they believe in, just like we always have. long live sectarian religious violence.

[quote=“Taiwanderer”][quote=“AAF”][quote=“Taiwanderer”][quote=“Quentin”]In Bismarck’s words (in real life), “Stop being such whiney motherfuckers”.

Sorry if you don’t mind me quoting you, mate, but let’s get real. A lot of South Africans do go on way too much about their country’s problems, and nobody wants to hear that. We are not from your country and we don’t give a shit, to put it as bluntly as possible. I know that most non-Americans don’t care about internal American problems, so why should anyone care about internal South African racial problems? Nobody wants to hear guys go off about racial politics half the night.[/quote]

Ja(yes),Quentin.If you knew just how bad the situation was in some areas,perhaps you’d understand why we bitch about the current goings-on.If you had a president who uttered such claptrap as “HIV doesn’t cause AIDS”,or when attending the recent summit of African leaders to discuss the downward spiralling situation in Zimbabwe(Rhodesia) blurted that he(minutes before the start of the summit)was,when questioned by reporters as to what he might have to say to the despot Mugabe,answered “Im goowing to agri with evareetheeng he hez too say”,then you MAY understand why we sometimes,nay,often-rant about our country’s “problems”(& that is euphemistically put).

And if you(or anyone)can’t take it,walk away.

Walk a mile in our shoes & you might change your tune.

What nationality are you anyway?American?[/quote]

How is it possible for a poster who was banned to come back and continue posting racist comments?

How is it possible for people who publicize the fact that they were part of a racist killing machine (that considered non-Whites as inferior) to get a job teaching kids?[/quote]

If you have taken the trouble to scan previous posts of mine you would have seen that if anything,I consider the Chinese to be SUPERIOR to Caucasians by virtue of the fact that they advanced technologically in many areas WAY before Europeans did.

If you love those indigenous people from South Africa that you appear to support so much,why don’t you go back there & teach THEM English???[/quote]

I would rather encourage them to learn the languages of their ancestors.

Who wrote the book and where can I get it? Sounds interesting.

Who wrote the book and where can I get it? Sounds interesting.[/quote]

It does indeed. Have you visited the website? It looks quite interesting, but I haven’t read much yet.

But cultural and linguistic Imperialism is okay in Taiwan, and elsewhere? Furthermore, you encourage them not to learn English and therefore disadvantage them further? I thought that’s exactly the kind of thinking that we were trying to move away from since 1994. Being that Bantu education was based on that very same principle since 1948. :loco:

I use the term “cultural and linguistic imperialism” because your tone suggests that’s what you mean.

Who wrote the book and where can I get it? Sounds interesting.[/quote]

It does indeed. Have you visited the website? It looks quite interesting, but I haven’t read much yet.[/quote]

Thanks for the link.

I like this thread and hope it can continue without the “race card” being played.

But cultural and linguistic Imperialism is okay in Taiwan, and elsewhere? Furthermore, you encourage them not to learn English and therefore disadvantage them further? I thought that’s exactly the kind of thinking that we were trying to move away from since 1994. Being that Bantu education was based on that very same principle since 1948. :loco:

I use the term “cultural and linguistic imperialism” because your tone suggests that’s what you mean.[/quote]

Not at all, bismarc. I don’t know how many, but many Black South Africans, who haven’t received Apartheid “education” speak excellent English. The point I’m making is that African traditions have been eroded due to Colonialism, slavery and Apartheid, not to mention the influence of the media. I would never think of disadvantaging the youth of South Africa. Up to now, English has been essential as a lingua franca, but Chinese and Hindi might be just as essential in time to come. The world as we know it is changing rapidly, and many people can’t take the pace.

I agree, but even a worm will turn. I will not start any new disputes, I will probably respond to every disparaging remark made against any race.

I use the term “cultural and linguistic imperialism” because your tone suggests that’s what you mean.[/quote]

Not at all, bismarc. I don’t know how many, but many Black South Africans, who haven’t received Apartheid “education” speak excellent English. The point I’m making is that African traditions have been eroded due to Colonialism, slavery and Apartheid, not to mention the influence of the media. I would never think of disadvantaging the youth of South Africa. Up to now, English has been essential as a lingua franca, but Chinese and Hindi might be just as essential in time to come. The world as we know it is changing rapidly, and many people can’t take the pace.[/quote]

Quite so. But still, nothing wrong with teaching English in South Africa, if one should so choose.

Agree with TC. Just thought the original quote was suspect, is all. AAF has cleared it up.

[quote=“AAF”][quote=“Taiwanderer”][quote=“AAF”][quote=“Taiwanderer”][quote=“Quentin”]In Bismarck’s words (in real life), “Stop being such whiney motherfuckers”.

Sorry if you don’t mind me quoting you, mate, but let’s get real. A lot of South Africans do go on way too much about their country’s problems, and nobody wants to hear that. We are not from your country and we don’t give a shit, to put it as bluntly as possible. I know that most non-Americans don’t care about internal American problems, so why should anyone care about internal South African racial problems? Nobody wants to hear guys go off about racial politics half the night.[/quote]

Ja(yes),Quentin.If you knew just how bad the situation was in some areas,perhaps you’d understand why we bitch about the current goings-on.If you had a president who uttered such claptrap as “HIV doesn’t cause AIDS”,or when attending the recent summit of African leaders to discuss the downward spiralling situation in Zimbabwe(Rhodesia) blurted that he(minutes before the start of the summit)was,when questioned by reporters as to what he might have to say to the despot Mugabe,answered “Im goowing to agri with evareetheeng he hez too say”,then you MAY understand why we sometimes,nay,often-rant about our country’s “problems”(& that is euphemistically put).

How is it possible for a poster who was banned to come back and continue posting racist comments?

How is it possible for people who publicize the fact that they were part of a racist killing machine (that considered non-Whites as inferior) to get a job teaching kids?[/quote]

If you have taken the trouble to scan previous posts of mine you would have seen that if anything,I consider the Chinese to be SUPERIOR to Caucasians by virtue of the fact that they advanced technologically in many areas WAY before Europeans did.

If you love those indigenous people from South Africa that you appear to support so much,why don’t you go back there & teach THEM English???[/quote]

I would rather encourage them to learn the languages of their ancestors.[/quote]

Now why would you POSSIBLY find it necessary for them to encourage them to speak the language of their ancestors?They’re ALREADY speaking it.And how important is the language of their ancestors in the REAL world?Insignificant.

And AAF,I don’t at all find it amusing that you went to mt Flickr homepage & copied the picture of my car & put ANC/terrorist flags ,the PAC(Pan Africanist Cogress)& that of the South African Communist Party(all of whom were responsible for the murder of civilians) on my car.Then you speak of my family,too?You’re playing with fire!

I would suggest a sincere apology.

P.S.For reference,here is the pic that AAF mocked me with.

i37.photobucket.com/albums/e68/n … asekar.jpg

TC wrote:

AAF and Taiwanderer AKA New South Africa vs Old South Africa. The way I see it, it’s ALL about “race”.

Of course, I might be proven wrong.

Thanks.Will do.Checking out the website first.

[quote=“Taiwanderer”][quote=“AAF”][quote=“Taiwanderer”][quote=“AAF”][quote=“Taiwanderer”][quote=“Quentin”]In Bismarck’s words (in real life), “Stop being such whiney motherfuckers”.

I would rather encourage them to learn the languages of their ancestors.[/quote]

Now why would you POSSIBLY find it necessary for them to encourage them to speak the language of their ancestors?They’re ALREADY speaking it.And how important is the language of their ancestors in the REAL world?Insignificant.

And AAF,I don’t at all find it amusing that you went to mt Flickr homepage & copied the picture of my car & put ANC/terrorist flags ,the PAC(Pan Africanist Cogress)& that of the South African Communist Party(all of whom were responsible for the murder of civilians) on my car.Then you speak of my family,too?You’re playing with fire!

i37.photobucket.com/albums/e68/n … asekar.jpg[/quote]

1. I would encourage them not only to speak their own language,in addition to another useful language (it could be English, Mandarin or Hindi). Their languages are very important. Zulu could easily become the next Latin.

2. I don’t know what you’re on. Flickr is a photo sharing site.

3. The parties you mentioned did not kill anywhere near the number of civilians as you and your former comrades.

4. I invited you and your family for a drive in my new 4x4. What’s so bad about that? I can also promise you that family is sacrosanct.

5. Playing with fire? Think again.

:cookie:

[quote=“Taiwanderer”][quote=“AAF”][quote=“Taiwanderer”][quote=“AAF”][quote=“Taiwanderer”][quote=“AAF”][quote=“Taiwanderer”][quote=“Quentin”]In Bismarck’s words (in real life), “Stop being such whiney motherfuckers”.

i37.photobucket.com/albums/e68/n … asekar.jpg[/quote]

1. I would encourage them not only to speak their own language,in addition to another useful language (it could be English, Mandarin or Hindi). Their languages are very important. Zulu could easily become the next Latin.

2. I don’t know what you’re on. Flickr is a photo sharing site.

3. The parties you mentioned did not kill anywhere near the number of civilians as you and your former comrades.

4. I invited you and your family for a drive in my new 4x4. What’s so bad about that? I can also promise you that family is sacrosanct.

5. Playing with fire? Think again.[/quote]

Are you sure you have a balanced view of what happened at Sharpeville?Do you know anyone who was there?I do.The crowd were the instigators,no matter what the press at large may have people believe.You,like the majority,have mostly only CNN opinions.

As for inviting me & your family for a drive in your new 4X4,why did you take the pic of MY car & deface it with those flags?Why not use a pic of YOUR car,if indeed you have a new 4X4.(I thought you were going back to SA so why would you buy a new car here?)And why would you want to associate with someone whose views are so disparate from yours?

With regards to Flickr being a public photo-sharing site:true.But I’m sure no-one would disagree that someone’s photos should not be used to rile them.As you must have known would happen.Add to that the fact that it is a universally accepted unspoken rule that you not use images of others without their permission.

Don’t try to cover up for your deviousness.

Zulu,the next latin?Give me a break…& everyone else who has a brain.

But you know what?Maybe we should get togther.Let’s meet up.Good idea.It was after all,my idea in the first place,right A…?[/quote]

How about your home anytime between now and 2098?
Skelmstreek
Jakkals sê vir Gansie ‘kom eet vanaand by my.
Daar`s heerlike ou kossies en uintjies uit die vlei’.
‘Nee dankie’ sê die gansie, ’al staan jy op jou kop.
As ek vir jou kom kuier, eet jy my seker op’!

You know what AAF?I’ve decided that all this animosity is doing no-one any good.Perhaps Forumosa has been doing me some good in the past few weeks that I’ve been posting.I’ve ranted,raved & nothing much good to say except for my omelette recipe in the breakfast thread.And even if I see what I said as truth,in the end,no-one can benefit.So now I will sit back & watch.

Right now I have to tutor my student,but will add something more later.
Take care,guys.

Funk500, It appears from this thread that South Africans even rub each other up the wrong way.
I wouldn’t worry about it from now on if I were you.

[quote=“superking”]Funk500, It appears from this thread that South Africans even rub each other up the wrong way.
I wouldn’t worry about it from now on if I were you.[/quote]

Touche,superking… :wink:

[quote=“Taiwanderer”]You know what AAF?I’ve decided that all this animosity is doing no-one any good.Perhaps Forumosa has been doing me some good in the past few weeks that I’ve been posting.I’ve ranted,raved & nothing much good to say except for my omelette recipe in the breakfast thread.And even if I see what I said as truth,in the end,no-one can benefit.So now I will sit back & watch.

Right now I have to tutor my student,but will add something more later.
Take care,guys.[/quote]

Continued…

A friend from a neighbouring city came to visit me last Sunday & we discussed some of the goings-on on this thread & this Website.We discussed politics,we discussed Apartheid.And he said something which was quite simple,yet a truth which cannot be fled from.He told me that as a Christian,he could not possibly condone Apartheid.And if I am a Christian,too,then if I am to follow the tenets of Christianity,I cannot continue to condone it either.It’s just that simple.