Why do I always rub South Africans the wrong way?

He says, with a gun for his avatar.[/quote]

It might be for sports.

Ahhh,that was BOUND to have been said.

Guns=freedom & peace.Had it not been for my 9mm semi-auto,at least 4 innocent people would have been dead.
I love my guns.Fun to shoot.Great for self-defence.

It’s OK,superking,you’re just ignorant.

He says, with a gun for his avatar.[/quote]

It might be for sports.[/quote]

Indeed,I have only fired 2 shots into an armed & dangerous attacker.The rest(thousands of rounds) were at the shooting range,for sports shooting.

[quote=“Taiwanderer”]Ahhh,that was BOUND to have been said.

Guns=freedom & peace.Had it not been for my 9mm semi-auto,at least 4 innocent people would have been dead.
I love my guns.Fun to shoot.Great for self-defence.

It’s OK,superking,you’re just ignorant.[/quote]

Ha ha. Irony defined!

Youy are so ingrained by your gun culture that you actually believe the guff (yes, guff) that you wrote. Guns= freedom & peace. Hell boy, you are funny.

But I’m walking away from this thread now, as you could shoot me dead in the name of freedom and peace.

Bang. Bang. You’re free.

Edit

Who is going to man up and apologize for the crusades. the spanish inquisition, the shooting of abortion doctors and george damn bush?

Crosby Stills and Nash sang:

So many people have died in the name of christ for anyone to heed the call
So many people have lied in the name of christ that I can’t believe it all

This song has rung out in my head whenever the subject of christianity has come up. I am entitled to my opinion and you are entitled to yours. I will not apologize for having it. That would be tantamount to admitting that I am wrong. In my opinion, I am not wrong.

Son!

Mandela is on Larry King Live right now. Amandla!

[quote=“Toe Save”]Who is going to man up and apologize for the crusades. the spanish inquisition, the shooting of abortion doctors and george damn bush?

Crosby Stills and Nash sang:

So many people have died in the name of christ for anyone to heed the call
So many people have lied in the name of christ that I can’t believe it all

This song has rung out in my head whenever the subject of christianity has come up. I am entitled to my opinion and you are entitled to yours. I will not apologize for having it. That would be tantamount to admitting that I am wrong. In my opinion, I am not wrong.

Son![/quote]

I agree that the inquistion needs to be apologised for.But by the cult which is Catholocism.Catholocism is not Christianity,but masquerades as Christianity.

The shooting of abortion doctors?Well now THAT’S a completely different kettle of fish.I believe that baby murderers should be put out of their misery.I would even gladly do it myself.

And George Dubya,well…what a fiasco.I agree there.

And don’t forget,SON,that an “opinion” is simply your point of view without sufficient evidence.Look it up in the dictionary.

[quote=“AAF”]Mandela is on Larry King Live right now. Amandla!
[/quote]

Yeah,I’m watching the interview right now,too.

But your Amandla is a bit corny,old boy!!! haha

Aah, Madiba!
Qhawe lamaqhawe!

[quote=“AAF”]Aah, Madiba!
Qhawe lamaqhawe![/quote]

This is getting tedious.Mandela is/was a terrorist & murderer of civilians.Fact.Nevermind what the previous govt did(of which I agree a lot was wrong),but “Madiba” never apologised for the murder of civilians,White AND Black…

[quote=“Taiwanderer”][quote=“AAF”]Aah, Madiba!
Qhawe lamaqhawe![/quote]

This is getting tedious.Mandela is/was a terrorist & murderer of civilians.Fact.Nevermind what the previous govt did(of which I agree a lot was wrong),but “Madiba” never apologised for the murder of civilians,White AND Black…[/quote]

Rolihlahla would have been a lawyer if it weren’t for Apartheid, but 1 out of 10 million refuse to say “baas” to anybody.

[quote=“AAF”][quote=“Taiwanderer”][quote=“AAF”]Aah, Madiba!
Qhawe lamaqhawe![/quote]

This is getting tedious.Mandela is/was a terrorist & murderer of civilians.Fact.Nevermind what the previous govt did(of which I agree a lot was wrong),but “Madiba” never apologised for the murder of civilians,White AND Black…[/quote]

Rolihlahla would have been a lawyer if it weren’t for Apartheid, but 1 out of 10 million refuse to say “baas” to anybody.[/quote]

Yes,I now concede that Apartheid was wrong,but that still doesn’t excuse terrorism & murder of civilians.I think that the best course of action would be not to praise neither Apartheid,nor the ANC(& others) for the terrorist tactics it used to wrest power,as both were responsible for despicable deeds.Let’s just move forward & try to work together.

:bravo:

Well done Taiwanderer!

Mods, this thread is a perfect example of the upside in not prematurely packing a poster off to purgatory. Ultimately a few harsh words were bandied about, but I sense a lasting resolution was ultimately attained by allowing the thread to proceed relatively uninterrupted.

Hats off!

HG

Well done Taiwanderer!

Mods, this thread is a perfect example of the upside in not prematurely packing a poster off to purgatory. Ultimately a few harsh words were bandied about, but I sense a lasting resolution was ultimately attained by allowing the thread to proceed relatively uninterrupted.

Hats off!

HG[/quote]

Thanks HGC.Thanks also to the mods,who,as HGC pointed out,allowed this thread to proceed relatively uninterrupted.Also thanks to my own parents with whom I have recently had protracted conversations over the telephone with regards to these topics.And of course,my friend from Taichung is also partly to thank for this.

HOWEVER,this does NOT mean that I will all of a sudden start flying the new SA flag,but by the same token,I will no longer fly the old one.A bit unnerving.Don’t feel I can safely be proud of either. :s

I would like to apologize to Taiwanderer for defacing a digital picture of his vehicle.

I’m sure all is sweet.

Nice tussle and an even better outcome.

:laughing:

HG

HG wrote [quote]Nice tussle and an even better outcome. [/quote]
Anzac old school - punch up then a piss up.

Cheers Digger :beer:

Anzac old school - punch up then a piss up.

Cheers Digger :beer:[/quote]

Guilty as charged! :laughing:

Cheers, Big Ears!

HG

Hey man,it’s OK.We all slip up.No hard feelings.And thanks for being man enough to apologise.It speaks volumes about your character. :beer: :thumbsup:

Or are you being flippant again by adding “digital”? :s