Why do I always rub South Africans the wrong way?

Good decision, mate. Sometimes a symbol just carries too much baggage with it and should be put to rest.

Yeah, Mebe, but I stil hate youse all!

Ooops! Wrong thread!

HG

Good decision, mate. Sometimes a symbol just carries too much baggage with it and should be put to rest.[/quote]

Yup,I believe that the ā€œnewā€ one should also be put to rest & another designed that is not so blatantly representative of one particular organisation.I dunno,maybe the answer is that both should be recognised.What do you guys think?

I know that last year when I took my wife & baby to South Africa & went to the Castle in Cape Town,both flags were being flown there.Donā€™t know if that is still the case.

Okay, okayā€¦Iā€™ll willingly give you back the benefit. Welcome to the new world order. Peace is the word, is the word, is the wordā€¦its got groove its got meaningā€¦dah dah dah de dah dahā€¦

Weā€™ll apologize for the Crusades when the Muslims give back the Levant, the Magreb, and whatever parts of the Balkans and Caucausus they still control. Oh wait sorry, the only religiously motivated violence is Christian in origin. I forgot.

I love how everyone adds in ā€œSpanish.ā€ All of the inquisitions were horrible.

That was what? A handful of doctors and nurses over thirty years? Give me a break.

ā€œā€¦the only religiously motivated violence is Christian in origin. I forgot.ā€

Ummmm,no!!!The inquistitions were all instigated by the Catholic Church,which by definition of their rituals is NOT Christian,though they masquerade as being.

And yes,all inquisitions were horrible.

Thank you,Toe.

Oh,and you can bet your bottom dollar that I have not become a member of the New World Order.
Just because I have decided to turn my back on apartheid,doesnā€™t now mean that I have become a proponent of the NWO.

Nice day,boys & girls. :wink:

[quote=ā€œTaiwandererā€]"ā€¦the only religiously motivated violence is Christian in origin. I forgot."

Ummmm,no!!!The inquistitions were all instigated by the Catholic Church,which by definition of their rituals is NOT Christian,though they masquerade as being.

And yes,all inquisitions were horrible.[/quote]

I was being sarcastic. Donā€™t be such a Boer.

By the way Taiwanderer Iā€™m glad to see youā€™ve given up your racism and perverse nostalgia of apartheid, only to wave the ā€œCatholicism is not real Christianityā€ flag instead. Iā€™m being sarcastic again, in case you didnā€™t get it.

I never understood the ā€œCatholics arenā€™t Christiansā€ thing. Catholics continue to champion the proto-orthodoxy of Pauline Christianity that the early Christian leaders did at the Council of Nicaea. Are the same people who decided which letters and booklets would become the New Testament Scriptures also in league with the devil and plotting to corrupt the souls of Christians everywhere? Should Gnostic Christianity have become the accepted orthodoxy instead? How about the beliefs of the Q Community? Which one was not in league with Satan?

Of course Catholics are Christian. They believe in Jesus as the divine son of God, they believe in the Trinity and the virgin birth; they practice the Eucharist and baptism; they teach the Scriptures. What ā€œinstitutionsā€ of Catholicsm are evil? The papacy? The bishopdom?

[quote=ā€œgao_bo_hanā€][quote=ā€œTaiwandererā€]"ā€¦the only religiously motivated violence is Christian in origin. I forgot."

And yes,all inquisitions were horrible.[/quote]

I was being sarcastic. Donā€™t be such a Boer.[/quote]

Hey,isnā€™t that QUITE enough with the ā€œBoerā€ business??? :fume:

Iā€™m trying to move forward!!

[quote=ā€œgao_bo_hanā€]By the way Taiwanderer Iā€™m glad to see youā€™ve given up your racism and perverse nostalgia of apartheid, only to wave the ā€œCatholicism is not real Christianityā€ flag instead. Iā€™m being sarcastic again, in case you didnā€™t get it.

I never understood the ā€œCatholics arenā€™t Christiansā€ thing. Catholics continue to champion the proto-orthodoxy of Pauline Christianity that the early Christian leaders did at the Council of Nicaea. Are the same people who decided which letters and booklets would become the New Testament Scriptures also in league with the devil and plotting to corrupt the souls of Christians everywhere? Should Gnostic Christianity have become the accepted orthodoxy instead? How about the beliefs of the Q Community? Which one was not in league with Satan?

Of course Catholics are Christian. They believe in Jesus as the divine son of God, they believe in the Trinity and the virgin birth; they practice the Eucharist and baptism; they teach the Scriptures. What ā€œinstitutionsā€ of Catholicsm are evil? The papacy? The bishopdom?[/quote]

OK,OK,enough already.No need to go rubbing it in withā€¦" your racism and perverse nostalgia of apartheidā€¦"Crikey man!

There are certain things that define Christianity.One of the most obvious things is that one cannot,as a Christian,pray to anyone but God,Jesus,the Holy Spirit.

Catholics pray to dead people,ie dead Popes & the like.

Just one thing is enough to make it counterfeit(Yet in Catholocism there are many.)Just like currency.

As far as baptism is concerned,they practise infant baptism,which is unscriptural.

Iā€™m not saying that Catholics are not sincerely religious.Iā€™m just saying that they have been sincerely deceived by the Church hierarchy.
Just look at the crusades.VERY un-Christlike to have murdered so many people.

edit

Iā€™m [i]still waiting[/i] for un-restricted complete public access to the Vatican Library archives.

Therein lies what was salvaged/taken from the Great Libraries of Constantinople/Istanbul and Alexandria.

OPEN IT UP!

[quote=ā€œTainanCowboyā€]Iā€™m [i]still waiting[/i] for un-restricted complete public access to the Vatican Library archives.

Therein lies what was salvaged/taken from the Great Libraries of Constantinople/Istanbul and Alexandria.

OPEN IT UP![/quote]

Hear hear!TC,they donā€™t know the truth because they donā€™t WANT to know it because it would remove them from their comfort zoneā€¦

Howzit! This must be THE most interesting thread Iā€™ve EVER read on Forumosa! Not to mention that I nearly wet myself on a few occasions. Unfortunately I donā€™t have much time to write tonight (but will at a later stage) so letā€™s keep it short.
Iā€™m a South African, white, Afrikaans, spent 2 years in Taiwan, worked and travelled for 2 more years throughout Southeast Asia. Iā€™m back in SA now and absolutely LOVING it. Iā€™ve missed home very much while I wasnā€™t there and Iā€™m overjoyed that Iā€™m back in such an astonishing country. I have a fantastic job, live in MY OWN beautiful house with garden and trees (which some of the money I made in Taiwan helped me to buy), see the sun in the blue sky every day (except during thundershowers), watch rugby to my hearts content, braai with my friends (some who have also returned from far afield), eat boerewors, Mrs. Ballā€™s chutney, All Gold tomato sauce, Cape curries (which I make myself) and bunnychow a la Durban, read the vibrant newspapers, listen to the great local music all over the radio, went to see Pieter-Dirk Uysā€™s new and HILARIOUS show the other night, went to the Yellow Door in Soweto with (black - gasp) friends last weekend and it was a BLAST, going to Port St. Johns in Transkei end of the month for the long weekend ā€¦ MAN I can continue for ever about this place!
YES there is a lot of crime and a lot of problems, but HELL, thereā€™s never a dull moment and the people are fantastic. Iā€™ve never had it so good, or been so happy. Thereā€™s also a whole lot of very good things: the economy is booming, people are getting along (except for the politicians, as usual), thereā€™s SPACE for everybody, things are HAPPENING.
Iā€™m sorry if some people from SA in Taiwan are rude and unfriendly.

• Maybe they miss home very much - I know I did.
  • Maybe they have a lot to complain about - but Iā€™m beginning to think, who hasnā€™t? (Heard about the Brits leaving Blighty in droves for, among others, Australia because of ā€œwhat Britain has becomeā€? OH before I forget, a British couple bought my motherā€™s house in the Little Karoo - they have just retired and ā€œwant to live in a nice placeā€.)
  • Maybe they just cannot adjust to the fast-paced, fast-changing society back home and are feeling bad about it.
  • Maybe theyā€™ve had a raw deal somewhere along the line (and many whites have) and are hurting.
    But what I canā€™t understand is that all these people go on and on and on and moan and bitch about racial issues, when they now choose to live in a racist country like Taiwan? Donā€™t crucify me, Iā€™ve lived there myself and on more than a few occasions had to tell black applicants (from SA) for jobs at school that theyā€™re not wanted - because of their skin colour. For some or other reason this duty was shifted onto me to perform - not the Aussies or Americans. Still canā€™t figure that one out, either.
    DAMN, I have to run. KOBUS is launching a new CD at the Bohemian and Iā€™m not missing it. Will be back - thanks for allowing me to say something, would love to chat more!
    BTW Iā€™m working on a Masters dissertation and will need a lot of input from you guys in Fantasyland!
    To all the Sefricans, be friendly to people, if not, youā€™ll just perpetuate a myth.
    Goeienag en lekker slaap! kisses :rainbow: :sunglasses:

delete

Quentin,you could have put your point across with much more decorum without your ā€œfuckingsā€.

As for the rest,Iā€™m now inclined to agree.Especially being the father of a mixed race baby.I owe that to my daughter.

And YeboYes,I loved your post.Good piece of writing eloquently put.Your attitude is very positive & I am POSITIVELY jealous of your descriptions of your house,environment etc.
But I canā€™t help wondering if youā€™d still be singing the same tune if you become a victim of the ever escalating violence in SA.I pine for South Africa at times,but I sure as heck donā€™t miss having to look over my shoulder & wondering if I might have to shoot someone today.Also donā€™t miss struggling to get a job,paying bills etc.
And you hit the nail on the head when you mentioned that you couldnā€™t understand all those who bitch & moan about racial issues but choose to live in a racist country like Taiwan.You nailed it.Any of you hypocrites out there reading this?

Taiwanderer, there is something I would like to know. Please donā€™t think that Iā€™m against you. You say youā€™ve changed your view on Apartheid and I must commend you for that, but I still wonder about something deeper than that. Many of your posts are against a certain issue and not for what you stand for. Could you live in a world in which thee is nothing to fight?

I asked my mother, an extremely devout Catholic, about this and her answer was that one cannot WORSHIP anyone but the Holy Trinity. But the saints in Heaven are believed to be very close to God, and to have His ear. Therefore what Catholics are doing when they ā€˜pray toā€™ (which means communicate with, and not ā€˜worshipā€™) the saints is that they are asking them to intercede with God on their behalf.

And are you aware that saying things like ā€˜Catholics arenā€™t Christianā€™ is guaranteed to offend? Is that your goal, to piss a lot of people off? You wonā€™t last long around here with that kind of approach, you know. (And no, Iā€™m not Catholic.)