Why Don't Leaves Change Color or Fall Off Trees in Yangmingshan?

Drove across Yangmingshan today to Jinshan. Noticed that the trees are green, no change of color or leaves falling off that normally happens in the fall and winter.

What’s up with that?

Cuz it be the wan, things be different, where oranges can be green.

3 Likes

Lemons too! :lemon:

2 Likes

Where cantaloupe and honeydew melon are the same thing (哈密瓜), just different color.

2 Likes

Taiwan’s boring old evergreen trees get me down during autumn :evergreen_tree: :zzz:, but the fact that 棉花糖 = marshmallow and cotton candy picks up my spirits :yum:

2 Likes

Is this really a serious question?

I haven’t fully researched this, but I have a sneaking suspicion that this may be part of the reason they don’t have polar bears in the Philippines.
Just a hunch.

Does this mean Yangmingshan doesn’t experience fall or winter so trees don’t change colors or loose their leaves?D

Autumn, also known as fall in American and Canadian English,[1] is one of the four temperate seasons

Northern and central Taiwan has a humid subtropical climate, with substantial seasonal variation of temperatures, while most of southern and south eastern Taiwan has a tropical monsoon climate where seasonal temperature variations are less noticeable with temperatures typically varying from warm to hot.

1 Like

quite simply… no one wants the crappy job of sweeping leaves here in Taiwan. so they planted ever green trees everywhere.

It’s not cold enough to make it worthwhile for the trees to go to the trouble. Shedding all leaves and foregoing the chance to produce any chlorophyll for a time, and then growing an entirely new set of leaves, costs a lot of energy.

2 Likes

Taiwan’s weather flummoxes those poor deciduous trees just as much as it does us foreigners.

1 Like

Those are FAKE TREES!!!

Plastic, Made In China! :christmas_tree:

I think you’ll find that’s because they stuck them all on the BBQ grill…

Well some of this talking in this thread sure seems contrary to talk in this Autumn Foliage thread.

I’m wondering why Jesus’ beef noodle thread got temped and this one didn’t. Or is it just waiting for the ax to fall?

2 Likes

Maybe everything should start out in temp and see if anyone can make it useful enough to move out of temp.

1 Like

Or you can go here

What’s wrong with this topic? Why should it be tempted?

I guess I’m just more tempted by Jesus’ beef noodle thread. :grin: