Will i be able to survive/Company offered me Job

Depends how you define “best”, innit.

I got news, yes i declined the offer. Also they did not raise it even by a bit. So as much as they told me they want and need me it looks like he was at his best or just talking to get a cheap european to work over there.

But my company will send me to Singapore from 12th Sept till 30th Sept, it´s not for a long time but it is a start after all. I have to implement a Chemistry module at UMC since all our chemists are either on vacation or don´t want to leave austria.

I don´t much about Singapore, just that most Koreans i know went there to work and that it is fu*** small and crowded. For sure to hot for an mountain rat like me too haha

You made the right choice with declining the offer. I think the least they could’ve done is to cover your moving/housing. I may have said they should pay you more in my earlier posts, but completely forgot about your age and the lack of a four year degree, normally both those play a factor in salary (In Taiwan).

As for SG? Good luck. It’s hot as balls and the entire country is a city. Takes you about 2ish hours to circle the entire island. On the bright side, they have Universal Studios.

Good choice, if they’re immovable now it can only go downhill later on.

Taiwan is hot as balls as well and Taipei is just as crowded as Singapore. If the OP doesn’t like crowds he really should just stay in Vienna.

Very true, but at least there’s surrounding mountains and other places than Taipei, in Taiwan, to escape the crowds and the 100000% humidity and heat.

Whereas SG, you don’t.

Well, OP is getting sent to SG for a project, not being transferred, don’t think he has much choice!

SG is hot for sure, small, and rains every day. It is just a single city, but has a lot of greenery - they really went all out to make it a comfortable place to live. And it is a very dynamic and lively place, and has a way of making foreigners fall in love with it. As is the case with Hong Kong, a lot of expats go there for a few weeks or few months and end up going back/extending and staying for years.

For people who don’t appreciate endless summer (Singapore, Bangkok, etc.), some of these cities do have a tropical “winter” to look forward to (Taipei, HK, etc.), even with snow up in the mountains about once per century. :snowflake:

thats cool, if you ever have an itch further in the future to live overseas go for it though. the experience was the best in my life up to that point.

You made the right choice. Unless your package included a massive bonus, the salary was far too low.

All things considered I think Taiwan provides a better experience than most other countries in the region, but for a short term contract you need to make money comparable to what you would make elsewhere.