Will you absolutely accept the results of this election?

Yes? No? Maybe?

Will you plot violent overthrow? Will you secede from the union? Will you beat up white males?

Or will you just lose all faith in humanity?

Or will you try to understand why his happened? Because it’s kind of a teachable moment, for those with the intellectual courage to learn.

1 Like

We will stand and fight to keep our rights from being stripped away.

1 Like

Ditto. It is what it is, the United States is still the United States, and the President is the President. But the fight never ends, you know that. Indeed, learn from your mistakes, and move on. There’s reasons for everything but I doubt we’d agree on them.

It’s got me thinking of Edward G Robinson in Soylent Green…

“It’s horrible!”

“You must accept it.”

Anyway, both candidates are showing more grace than expected - but then the bars were set very low in both cases. But these riots and violence - not cool, man. Not cool.

The first thing the ranting snowflakes need to accept is that it’s not all about them, and other people have rights too.

2 Likes

Here I agree: it’s about everyone’s rights.

The people just need to, you know, move on…

Much as I detest the Donald and his equally egoistic family he did win in a system he himself didn’t believe in.

Does he deserve to win ? Hell no.
Did he actually win ? Hell yes.

The ultimate critique of that system.

He may not have deserved to win, but his opponent sure as hell deserved to lose.

As many a newsman has said there has never been an election with two less popular candidates.

Not The Onion:

1 Like

One way to get the federal government off your back:

http://www.yescalifornia.org

While I sincerely disagree with idea of Calexit or Caleavefornia, I do credit the group organizers for advancing this concept in a civil, rational, constitutional and democratic way. The group is not calling for an armed insurrection or civil war like the Confederacy. Rather, they are seeking a California plebiscite which, if successful, would then be followed by a movement to secure an amendment to the US Constitution (2/3rd vote of Congress or a Constitutional Convention; and then also ratification by 38/50 States). Moreover, they are also calling for an independent California to assume a pro rata share (by population) of the US debt.

While the Trump election has sparked interest from Silicon Valley and protesters, the movement actually was formed in December 2015 - in advance of the election results.

One part that I don’t understand is in the article I posted above where the group founder says he wants California to be a sovereign nation within the US, similar to Scotland relative to the UK. The materials on the group’s website seem to be advocating for just straight out independence.

I disagree with the ultimate goal, but am impressed that they are pushing for this outcome in a legal and democratic way per the Constitution.

California is not a monoculture, however much Pelosi and her kind may wish it to be. Large parts of the state will not be okay with this.

Now if they do it on a county level, it might just fly. And it could turn out to a win-win. The US will be rid of their meddling, and their world view will be subjected to a reality check.

Those hippy-dippy urban areas along the left coast could totally function as sovereign nations, if they’re willing to make certain adjustments. Look at Singapore, Liechtenstein, Andorra, Monaco. It can be done.

1 Like

Intolerant tolerance:

http://investmentwatchblog.com/breaking-grubhub-ceo-sends-email-tells-pro-trump-employees-to-resign/

[quote]The CEO of Grubhub, an online food delivery service, sent a company wide email Wednesday suggesting employees who agree with President-elect Donald Trump’s behaviors and his campaign rhetoric should resign.

“If you do not agree with this statement then please reply to this email with your resignation because you have no place here,” wrote Matt Maloney, Co-Founder of Grubhub. “We do not tolerate hateful attitudes on
our team.”[/quote]
No self awareness at all.

1 Like

Wow, so many snowflakes melting out there. Could it be…global warming?

For reference, a map illustrating what’s wrong with states trying to secede:

Wow…Oregon is really an eye-opener. I’ve heard about the urban/rural divide there before, but never seen it illustrated so clearly. Also interesting considering Oregon is the least religious state in the country.

As much as i hate the results i’ll have to except the out come of a total asshole as the head of our government. but as far as i’am concerned the Electoral College should be dissolved, they did not vote the way their people wanted them to but the way that they wanted to (money pay off, dislike of a female head of state) take your pick but the people did not vote him in.

1 Like