Will you absolutely accept the results of this election?

She was kind of a big deal, back in the day.

Times change. Lena doesn’t.

For the benefit of people who don’t know what “doxxing” means and don’t have time to read the article, this appears to be the main point:

According to reports out of Idaho and elsewhere, Clinton supporters have obtained Electoral College voters’ personal information and are harassing them with calls, Facebook messages, emails and even home visits, encouraging them to become “faithless electors,” and change their Trump votes to Clinton votes.

Another illustration of why state secession isn’t an option.

It’s not two Americas. It’s one America and a whole lot of crumbs… who live in enclaves.

what can we do? we accept it but we need to be very ca cautious

I actually support secession. I think that there would need to be population transfers so that people who lived in “blue islands” could move to viable options with other people of like mind. As compensation, a bit of “red” land in California or wherever could be exchanged, though I think that it would be a bad thing for the red nation to give up access points on all of the major bodies of water (including the Pacific). That would likely mean at least three separate blue nations (depending upon whether Hawaii went independent, and depending upon what happened to Minnesota, such as just joining Canada) – two on the west coast, and likely one in the northeast (with significant transfers of population in both directions in the east of the country).

Ultimately, I don’t think that America can continue as a country. It is heading towards another civil war, so peaceful separation should be the best option.

That said, I think that a lot of people in blue states are just being extremely sore losers. Not only would they not even remotely entertain the notion of red states seceding if the shoe were on the other foot, but they would make deliberate attempts at turning those states not so red via demographic changes, and if necessary, they would violently suppress secession movements. As such, the best chance for a peaceful break up of the country would be to encourage the current losers to secede before they become the winners again.

It should be a one off thing though. The best thing that the red nation could do would be to prevent any liberals (especially white liberals) from ever crossing the border again. Let them have their Utopian blue states and watch them become complete failed states within a generation and either retain a very strong border thereafter, or move in and pick up the pieces eventually, and finally put all of this liberal nonsense to bed once and for all.

However, that still probably wouldn’t solve the problem as those new blue nations would immediately start working on infiltrating and undermining the red nation(s), doubly so if they didn’t like the immigration policy. If there is one thing that liberals are famous for, it is being busy bodies and control freaks. They just can’t let other people go their own way.

1 Like

I voted for HRC and live in a deep blue region but do not support seccesion. And anyone I speak to in real life doesn’t either. It is kind of fun to fantasize about and a neat intellectual exercise, but ultimately just day dreaming.

I don’t like the election results but I accept them.

The Constitution allows for amendments and we are thus ultimately a nation because we choose to be. I choose to be part of the American nation, even if the government of the day is one I voted against. There will be future elections and I believe that my side can do a better job explaining why our vision is better at those times.

Not sure how this was supposed to help:

Up to now I was laughing at the meltdown and angry at the violence. But this is sad. I still can’t empathize, but I do feel sorry for some of them now.

1 Like

Talk of recounts in several states because of supposed electronic shenanigans. I’ve always been against those damned machines, but what’s a recount going to accomplish? What has been hacked cannot be unhacked.

A very, very sore loser:

[quote]President Barack Obama ordered the expulsion of 35 Russian suspected spies and imposed
sanctions on two Russian intelligence agencies over their involvement in hacking U.S. political groups in the 2016 presidential election.[/quote]

If he’s trying to delegitimize the Donald, it will likely backfire.

It’s kind of surreal watching his mental anguish play out on national television. Sort of like watching the final days of a dying dictatorship. At least Americans are polite enough not to give him a Ceausescu-style send-off.

1 Like

You mean you feel sorry for the Russians?
You want the Russians to put their man in charge?

What a strange American you are.

Or America has become a strange place.

Wow so much hate for Obama.
Really don’t get it.

But if you like Putin’s deputy go for it!!!

I don’t hate Obama at all. I don’t know him, after all. I just think he was a bad president. On that, millions and millions agree. The verdict is still out on “Putin’s deputy.”

1 Like

My policy toward people who don’t try to run things and then bungle it badly is: live and let live.

Il Douche does not meet the criterion.

You said he was a ‘dictator’ but he’s actually your two time democratically elected president, with a significant record of accomplishment with the economy, jobs, pulling troops out of middle east, healthcare and the environment. He is the first black president and that is also historically significant.
He’s no tax dodger or philanderer. He can string more than a series of tweets together.

But if you want to celebrate his upcoming exit and Russia’s incoming choice go for it.

For the majority of American’s he’s been a success.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/12/15/fox-news-poll-positive-ratings-for-president-obama-as-exits.html

Brian, he was what he was. Those will not face reality are doomed never to understand what is happening.

Perplexity is the consequence of cognitive dissonance, and cognitive dissonance is a choice.

I didn’t call him a dictator. I compared the way he’s going out–the lashing out and destructive behavior–to the dying days of a dictatorship.

His legacy? The Middle East is on fire, Obamacare is a disaster (Affordable Care Act? Really? Costs are skyrocketing), and the labor participation rate is at a 40-year low (the politically doctored unemployment rate is a meaningless number).

I think having a black president is a great precedent, but he was clearly the wrong man for the job. He’s not even a black American in the full sense of the term. Black is as much a culture as a skin color, and Obama was raised as a white liberal in Hawaii of all places.

1 Like

You call expelling enemies of the state ‘lashing out’?

Who was responsible for putting American troops in harms way in the Middle East and who has pulled them out?

If Obama had put more troops into the Middle East would that now be a ‘success’ or a ‘disaster’?

Why is the affordable care act a ‘disaster’?
Who is it a disaster for exactly?
Why is Obama responsible for the ‘disaster’?
What is the alternative to this ‘disaster’ that will be better? And for whom?

‘Black is a culture’?

10% unemployment rate to 4.6% unemployment rate is meaningless?

A buoyant economy and stock market is meaningless?

A record of accomplishment two times elected president going out on a high …and he’s the wrong man for the job?

What have you been doing with your life lately?

Yes. Everybody spies on everybody, friend and foe alike. Expelling spies en masse is an escalation. What does escalation lead to? You know the answer.[quote=“Brianjones, post:59, topic:156435”]
Who was responsible for putting American troops in harms way in the Middle East and who has pulled them out?
[/quote]
I’m no Bush fan. Troops never should have been sent in the first place. But the manner in which they were withdrawn left the vacuum that led to ISIS.[quote=“Brianjones, post:59, topic:156435”]
If Obama had put more troops into the Middle East would that now be a ‘success’ or a ‘disaster’?
[/quote]
Given his track record, I’m guessing disaster.[quote=“Brianjones, post:59, topic:156435”]
Why is the affordable care act a ‘disaster’?Who is it a disaster for exactly?Why is Obama responsible for the ‘disaster’?
[/quote]
Already answered that, but there’s plenty of information available if you’re willing to take off your political blinders.[quote=“Brianjones, post:59, topic:156435”]
What is the alternative to this ‘disaster’ that will be better? And for whom?
[/quote]
That’s a tough one, but the answer will probably involve less government, not more.[quote=“Brianjones, post:59, topic:156435”]
‘Black is a culture’?
[/quote]
If you seriously need to ask that, you obviously have zero firsthand knowledge of American culture.[quote=“Brianjones, post:59, topic:156435”]
10% unemployment rate to 4.6% unemployment rate is meaningless?
[/quote]
Yes. See above.[quote=“Brianjones, post:59, topic:156435”]
A buoyant economy and stock market is meaningless?
[/quote]
Buoyant economy? Tell that to the millions of unemployed…oops, sorry, those who “permanently left the job market.” A buoyant stock market doesn’t do them much good either when they have no money to invest.[quote=“Brianjones, post:59, topic:156435”]
A record of accomplishment two times elected president going out on a high …and he’s the wrong man for the job?
[/quote]
Yes. He’s definitely going out on a high…if the “high” you’re referring to is crack related.[quote=“Brianjones, post:59, topic:156435”]
What have you been doing with your life lately?
[/quote]
Slacking off at work and kvetching on Internet forums.

1 Like