Work rights for foreign spouses with a JFRV ARC

This is interesting…because I was under the impression that a JFRV didn’t permit you to work. Am I wrong? Because I am a social worker and want to do counseling but have yet to find a way to get a work permit. But can I work with my resident visa?

Yes.

If you are married to a Taiwanese your JFRV will permit you to work.

On the other hand, if your JFRV is dependent on a non-Taiwanese spouse, you can not work.

Brian

Satellite TV wrote:

Are the regulations that concern this matter to be found anywhere?

“Regulations” cannot take precedence over “laws.”

The Employment Services Act is a law. The ESA says that a foreign spouse has unrestricted work rights in Taiwan.

In other words, a foreign spouse with residency based on marriage can do any work he/she so desires, if the employer is willing to hire him/her.

Richard, thank you for your advice on these pages.
One more question.
Foreign bride. OK
Does this right to work apply to an unskilled bride married to a foreigner?

Any skilled or unskilled bride who is married to a foreigner (not Taiwanese) does not have the right to work, ACCEPT ONLY they are married to a Taiwanese OR any employer in this country who is willing to apply ARC for them.

“Seek first to understand. Then to be understood.” ~ Stephen Covey, 7 Habits of Highly Effective People

[quote=“aleks22”]Satellite TV wrote:

Are the regulations that concern this matter to be found anywhere?[/quote]

There’s something postedover here.

An Immigration official also informed me verbally today that even with an open work permit (JFRV-based ARC due to marriage to a Taiwanese spouse who is a Taiwan resident) you essentially can’t teach kindy or preschool, unless the kindy is lucky enough to get one of the very rare licenses allowing this.