Work Rules For English Teachers

I suppose there are those people but given the lower pay, the fact that it’s illegal and that you risk being caught, possibly fined, jailed and or deported, why take that risk.

Reasons why people teach kindy

a) they want to work a 9-5 job instead of a 2-9pm job
b) they really like working with 3-5 yr olds vs older students - don’t dismiss the skill needed or the value added of a good early childhood teacher.
c) they want to rack up more hours than an evening buxiban can offer and like to work mornings and evenings
d) they don’t the extra HW and test grading that most buxibans require
e) some kindys do in fact pay >600/hr

I subbed at a kindy once years ago and it was an excruciating 2 hours. I just do not like that age group as a teacher and singing and dancing are almost singlehandedly my least favorite activities to do. I wouldn’t work in a kindy if they were paying me >1000/hr.

[quote=“Abacus”]Reasons why people teach kindy

b) they really like working with 3-5 yr olds vs older students - don’t dismiss the skill needed or the value added of a good early childhood teacher.
c) they want to rack up more hours than an evening buxiban can offer and like to work mornings and evenings

I subbed at a kindy once years ago and it was an excruciating 2 hours. I just do not like that age group as a teacher and singing and dancing are almost singlehandedly my least favorite activities to do. I wouldn’t work in a kindy if they were paying me >1000/hr.[/quote]

Still the risk. :unamused:

[quote=“Blackman”][quote=“Abacus”]Reasons why people teach kindy

I subbed at a kindy once years ago and it was an excruciating 2 hours. I just do not like that age group as a teacher and singing and dancing are almost singlehandedly my least favorite activities to do. I wouldn’t work in a kindy if they were paying me >1000/hr.[/quote]

Still the risk. :unamused:[/quote]

I agree and am very clear with anyone that asks about working in kindy that they understand the risk but they can choose to do what they want to do.

I love teaching 3 year olds. It’s infinitely more stimulating and emotionally rewarding than teaching university aged kids. But there’s no money in it, nor a work permit, in Taiwan, and I’m not really qualified so I don’t like to teach anywhere I wouldn’t put my own hypothetical kids.

Got raided lots of times when I kindied for a few months. I was just lucky. I also hid from the kindy police when I was working for Shane in a semi-legal school.

I definitely get paid more than 600 an hour at kindy :slight_smile:

I work there so I can do kindy in the morning and buxiban in the afternoon evening. I much prefer both of those, to teaching large classes in elementary/high schools.

Also, it’s hourly pay, so I’m free in my free time, and can make well over 100K when my hours are stacked up nicely. Not many ‘full-time’ jobs where you can do that.

Brits don’t need to leave after a working holiday visa anymore. My mate sorted it out so it’s reciprocal.

this was removed.

修正日期: 民國 112 年 02 月 27 日
本準則自發布日施行。

四、有進行外語教學之必要者,應以部分時間融入教保活動課程,並符合幼兒園教保活動課程大綱;不得以全部時間為之,或以部分時間採非融入方式進行教保活動。

2 Likes