Worlds Smallest Turbocharger?

Some of you ride-pimpers might find this amusing, though I suppose the real go-faster nutters already know about it. GY6, CB and CG engines are mentioned as suitable hosts.

http://www.chinese-parts-canada.com/turbocharger_fuel_injection.html

There’s apparently a genuine Jap one and a cheaper (but still bloody expensive from this source at $350) Chinese clone. A [strike]flack[/strike] flak jacket might be a good idea with the latter.

Presumably the bits can be sourced without going via an alleged Canadian distributor, if one knows where to go.

Not that I approve, you understand. Just passing it along.

Can we merge this with the ferret thread? I don’t know why, but my mind just put the two together. :stuck_out_tongue: Okay, I know. I apologize already. :loco: Its late and I need some sleep!

Ferret Scout Car? Didn’t think I’d posted about that. Can if you want but its not much of a story, plus I don’t see the connection.

Ah, “Ferret down the trousers”, perhaps? OK, see what you’re getting at…er…sort of.

Scooters with turbo on them. I saw a few with nitrous on them. This will be the next step for those guys. :roflmao:

I was thinking of ferret and turbo charger holes. A bit like a supersonic mincer, but I admit that’s rather disturbing.

and/or disturbed.

I would like to try one, but the price is a little high considering the chance of failure.
Turbos prefer engines with 3cyl or more to work properly and would not do mutch good on a two stroke anyway since all the pressure the turbo would charge into the engine would just go out the exhaust port.
Not worth the effort.

It is to use with 4 stroke engines

chinese made huh? guess the price u can assume it’s china. then again chinese can mean taiwan too :smiley:

i wouldn’t mind trying a taiwan made. should be fun if u got all the right equipment to go with it.

couple people already turbo there scooter in taiwan. not sure how well it ran?

oh those nitrous scooters even cars in taiwan is a frikn joke. you ever seen there taiwan local style kits? i was like this when i seen it ---- > :loco:

[quote=“808state”]Chinese made huh? guess the price u can assume it’s china. then again Chinese can mean taiwan too :smiley:

I wouldn’t mind trying a taiwan made. should be fun if u got all the right equipment to go with it.

couple people already turbo there scooter in Taiwan. not sure how well it ran?

oh those nitrous scooters even cars in taiwan is a frikn joke. you ever seen there taiwan local style kits? I was like this when i seen it ---- > :loco:[/quote]

Yeah sitting on a bomb ready to blow their nuts off :roflmao:

I think about the last thing I would bolt to any engine is a Chinese-made turbocharger. Second last would be a Taiwan-made nitrous kit.

The reason you don’t see more small-bore turbo motors is that turbocharger cost does not decrease much, if any, with size while efficiency certainly does.

As to two-stroke turbos… well, they can be made to work very effectively when fuel can be introduced directly into the cylinder, after the exhaust port closes. Two-stroke turbo-diesels are some of most efficient internal combustion engines out there.

The Japanese one is about 1000$. I guess US rather than Canadian but either way its a lot to spend on a joke.

[quote=“redwagon”]
As to two-stroke turbos… well, they can be made to work very effectively when fuel can be introduced directly into the cylinder, after the exhaust port closes. Two-stroke turbo-diesels are some of most efficient internal combustion engines out there.[/quote]

The two stroke diesels don’t have exhaust ports, they have inlet ports and a exhaust valve witch can be closed while the inlet ports are still open.
My sick mind has ben playing with sealing off the exhaust port and fitting a 4 stroke head on my old 2 strok schooter for some time now.
I even bought a head.

[quote=“Stian”]
The two stroke diesels don’t have exhaust ports, they have inlet ports and a exhaust valve witch can be closed while the inlet ports are still open.[/quote]
Let’s not drag this too far off-topic eh?

One of my university professors was on the team of engineers responsible for the E.185. :sunglasses:

[quote=“redwagon”][quote=“Stian”]
The two stroke diesels don’t have exhaust ports, they have inlet ports and a exhaust valve witch can be closed while the inlet ports are still open.[/quote]

One of my university professors was on the team of engineers responsible for the E.185. :sunglasses:[/quote]

I think pulling in the Napier deltic deffently is draging it too far off topic :wink:
I think there is a company called dair doing the same thing developing diesels for aircrafts.
It’s a great design since all moving parts is generating power, but I think space and friendlyness to maintance is killing the idea.
I think firebank morse is making marine diesels on this design. Gues it’s a nightmare to get apart since the top crank weights a few tonns.

[quote=“redwagon”][quote=“Stian”]

One of my university professors was on the team of engineers responsible for the E.185. :sunglasses:[/quote]

HOLY CRAP THAT IS JUST MIND BOGGOLING :ponder:

Drag away. There isn’t much to say about tiny turbos anyway, unless someone buys one.

Junkers had a 2-opposed-piston per cylinder diesel engine during WWII (in a JU86 high-altitude bomber), which would look roughly like a third of that thing, though I dunno how the outputs were linked.

Strangely, Google doesnt seem to find anything on “E.185” apart from the Lincoln Continental.

Edit: E.185 is, however, mentioned in the Wikipedia Napier Deltic article.

Apparently the Deltic started as three licensed copies of the Junkers engine bolted together, so its all, …er…connected.

if u look up turbo go karts. there is a lot of info and what not.

Had a quick look. Jeez! I thought biker sites were bad (present company mostly excepted, of course :smiley: ).

Illiterate Knuckle Draggers Spouting Drivel RUS, plus this cheeky bugger trying to sell a coffee can with a propellor in it (Sorry “JDM Supercharger Turbonator”) for anything between 20 and 100 USD.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lot-of-4-Set-Turbo-Stage-2-for-Racing-Go-Kart-%26-Scooter_W0QQitemZ290315520883QQcmdZViewItem?rvr_id=&itemid=290315520883

Wonder if anyone falls for it :ponder:

Perhaps I should re-think my whole EdsOiler launch strategy. :whistle: