Worst accident/spill you've witnessed/been in?

I was a cop back in the UK, so I saw my fair share of accidents.
However, once I was riding around Da Jia (near taichung) through a crossroads at night. The road was pitch black and I had all my lights on.
I was on one of those 150cc Zing things. Suddenly, as I went through the crossroads I saw a red light, which was the tail light of a scooter passing from right to left infront of me. I had no time to react and hit the scooter square on and I went flying.
I was wearing a helmet but I still sustained scratches to my handsome, attractive face.
Anyway, I pull myself together and get up. About 20 yards down the road at the crash site are two bods with blood everywhere. One female and one male. A closer inspection revealed that one had broken ribs and one had a broken ankle. The bloke had swallowed his tongue which I retrieved from his throat to get him breathing again. I made them both comfortable and waited for the arrival of the Police and the (so called) paramedic who just bundles them into the back of the ambulance without checking for a broken neck.

I got taken to the police station.

I explain that I was happily going along at about 35 mph and the scooter just drives across my path without having any lights on and checking for traffic. My road, as agreed by the police, is the main road so I have right of way. I also had a licence and insurance.

It goes to court and I’m barred from leaving the country. I explain myself. I get blamed. Apparently, because they got hurt more than me, it’s my fault, regardless of whose fault it really is.

I get kicked out of Taiwan. I get kicked out for saving two idiots lives who caused their own accident, who ruined my face for a month and bent my bike. I should have just left them on the side of the road, but…I wouldn’t be able to live with myself.

Anyway, i’m back in Taiwan now.

The laws are a little different now, but just be careful. if someone has guan xi with the police, you never know what trouble you’ll land yourself in. Be careful folks.