Would you rather spend 3 months in London or HK?

Hong Kong is just a postage stamp of a place.
Go to London .

Spent a year in Hong Kong about 20 years ago. Lot’s of things to discover if you are willing to explore.

1 Like

As a single guy having a certain priority of spending time with single women, I have been led to believe from media reports of international surveys that UK women are hmmm the “friendlist” or something like that. Hong Kong women are also friendly, but in an different way, it’s more pay as you go so to speak.

you’ve been misled. not that i have any experience with hong kong women, but it would be hard to imagine its a world of difference from here. which would mean they are a lot friendlier than british women. womens standards are high in the uk, it ain’t the place to be single, or get a girlfriend even, unless they are from another country that is.
go to the uk for the supermarkets. not the women.

None of it, give me 3 months i pick up instanbul, or prague anytime, above any city, even above taipei. Paris, what a joke, try to have any conversation with french folks in paris. Paris is only cool in movies.

Passionate folks in instabul, drinking turkish coffee with em, next to bospor. Can get food anywhere for 2 - 3 dollars. Real portions with meat, not some damn light noodles wih tiny pieces of beef, which does not taste like beef at all lol.

Prague, cheap, but with spirit and history. Sexy girls, great bear culture and a lot of fast poker actions.

U will not get much for your twd in london. Over priced, but am picking up London anytime. Lived in asia, and london is fresh air. Feel like magic. City is just definition of cosmopolitan. Can find any nation there, yea is british but less than honk kong being cantonese. Way less. Whatever food you want, you can get it in London. Stay away from british food and you will be fine. Cheap flights, like less than 4k twd return, to every corner of europe. Just 3 hours away from sangria on spain beach.

So you decided to stick it out, eh? Which way is she leaning?

Yeah. I guess I’m going to give it a shot and it doesn’t hurt to travel a bit.

Prague is like an open air Disneyland. Overrated tbh.

Yes, I much prefer the indoor Disneylands. :sunglasses:

You won’t be able to get work in London, even under the table. They are very very strict about it. That being said, London is great place to VISIT, even for a few months. Wouldn’t recommend living there. I think Hong Kong would also be great, but as others have said, it’s quite small. Even if you do a lot of exploring, one month is probably more than enough time. Whereas London is quite large, plus you can easily visit other interesting parts of UK (Oxford, Brighton, etc.), and even go further afield easily and cheaply with Ryan Air and EasyJet.

1 Like

I hear the same.

If you want to work, HK is the better place to go.

I spent half a year visiting HK while I was in SZ. I was 1000x better than SZ, but it just wasn’t Taiwan. The pace of HK is definitely much quicker than Taiwan, you can immediately tell by the speed of their escalators in the MTR vs the escalator speed in our MRT. I kind of like that, but my legs got pretty damn tired from walking to transfers that fast.

Speaking of transportation, taxis are hella expensive and most of the drivers are jerks. If you’re at the clubs and want a taxi, you’ll have to tell them where you’re going before you enter…a bit China-esque. I’ve been refused services multiple times because they didn’t want to take a short fare or they thought the fare was too far.

If you want a new environment and try something new, UK is the better place to go. Despite the weather being rough, I would go just based on the amount of historical monuments there. However, I’ve always been pretty fascinated with British history so that’s my inner nerd speaking.

They have a youth work visa for under 30 yrs old for taiwan.

I don’t plan on working on my career or staying there long. Any work is basically just basic income and so I will have something to do. It’s just a short stop.

not true. he can get a working holiday visa

1 Like

I was talking about working under the table, which is heavily enforced there (trust me, I tried). In terms of the work visa, you still have to apply, meet the requirements, etc.

i dont think its a big deal to get that visa.

There is a limited number of places and it’s a lottery each year. Think only 2000 places for Taiwanese and ultra competitive

For a working holiday? They select 1000 per year by random ballot, and it’s massively oversubscribed. Complete lottery.

1 Like

I don’t think this is a working holiday visa. It seems to be a visa to promote young people from certain countries to come experience life in the U.K.

Got a link? I’m only aware of the youth mobility visa, which I outlined above. Otherwise it’s sponsored working visa or 6 months visa exempt (but no work, obviously).