Would you rather spend 3 months in London or HK?

It is a working holiday visa and 1,000 slots are allowed every year.

Hmm message an immigration lawyer there thatā€™s a friend of mine. Hopefully she can give me a clear idea.

That was the announcement for this year. Who knows, rules change, but it isnā€™t something to rely on.

2 Likes

Hmmm, well the friend Iā€™m asking has one of the largest immigration law firms there. So if thereā€™s a way I think she could help me. Luckily I know quite s few immigration lawyers there. Hopefully one of them can find me a way.

The person giving my gf the job also has a huge immigration law firm. So hopefully someone can find a way.

Thereā€™s always a way around immigration laws from what Iā€™ve seen with money or influence.

Well I know you can buy your way to fast-tracked British citizenship for an investment of Ā£2m, but that could be a bit excessive for a 3 month stay :wink:

1 Like

My gf says if we get married I can work in the EU and U.K. Lol. I feel like sheā€™s doing this to hint at something

1 Like

Perhaps :stuck_out_tongue: I mean Iā€™m basically married to get residence in Taiwan. (I jest, mostly).

Your girlfriend is Italian iirc? In which case yep, you could. At least until March 2019, then who knows.

Man, I heard a lot of problems with inter cultural relationships about cultural differences, family issues, language. No one seems to mention the only thing thatā€™s been a problem. We both seem to not be able to find a place we can and want to live and work.

the regulation allowing non eea family members of eu citizens to settle also applies to non married partners. you would need proof that you are living together long term, like defacto married. once you get that in one eu country you are good to go for the others too, like a quasi eu citizen.

The land of the free and the home of the brave?

Thatā€™s interesting. Iā€™ll ask about this option. Fortunately thereā€™s no shortage of immigration lawyers that we know. I think if there is a way they can find it.

No, she has no interest in living in the US. And I donā€™t think sheā€™ll like it. I talked about LA or possibly back from to Dallas because I wanted to move back before meeting her. But I donā€™t think she would like Texas very much. I can see her ok in LA. But she doesnā€™t think very highly of Americans, especially after trump now.

Wait, arenā€™t you American?

Yes. I remind her this a lot. And she also complains about Taiwanese people right next to me. And I have to remind her Iā€™m also Taiwanese. Her default answer seems to be but youā€™re like mix with like Korean/ or but youā€™re different/ or you didnā€™t grow up there etc.

She complains about everyone though, even Italians. Especially the ones down south.

Just how italians are, generally europeans in general like to complain.

Yea friend of mine got netherland working permit based on non marriage relation.

Your gf has right to bring you to britain with her. Process is straight forward actually. You need to prove to have sufficient savings, your gf must ā€œexercise economic movementā€ (read she must register there, actually work or attending course - recognise by government). As well you must prove you have been living together in taiwan (notary document, authorized and translated). On top of it you need to legalize, authorize, transled other documents, either from taiwan or usa. Like criminal record, birth certifikate.

So your gf as eu citizienship have right to bring you with her to any eu country. EU directive applies to this kind od immigration, not national(british) one. However britian government must recognise papers from taiwan. When they refuse you have troubles.Read here, they do no recognise marriage from taiwan. Ask your friends about britian tollerance with legal documents from taiwan.

It goes like this: Administration office, notary, foreigner office, taipei office in britain. For next step aks your friend.
You can as well bring papers from usa, but they might ask for her prove of actually being is usa (visa)

Which one would you prefer now between Brexit and FreeHK?

London seems better. I would hate living in HK.

London by far. Itā€™s just three months itā€™s not like you have to live there forever.

Right now considering the current situation? London.

If you had asked me a year ago, I probably wouldā€™ve said Hong Kong.