XP support ending--move to Linux?

Hmm, I got fcitx working. Will give it a try for now

open the terminal and type im-config

Go to the point where it says im-config and follow instructions.
im-config

1 Like

Thanks, I will give that a try!

1. In gcin-tools (you can call it up using the IME icon or just run gcin-tools in the command line), there’s an Appearance button. Click for the Appearance configuration window.

I can’t get my gcin-tools to start in en_US.utf8, so the options are in Chinese (it used to be always in English with no way of changing it back to Chinese…).

Make sure the 彈出式輸入視窗 is checked. Also set the 編輯區顯示 to gcin視窗.

Also the gcin Zhuyin, Ciyin, Pinyin button brings up another configuration window. Make sure this option is selected.

2 Is it only happening with chrome? Chrome doesn’t play nice with many linux input systems. That’s why many Linux systems still use firefox as the default.

1 Like

Hmmm I had fcitx working last night but immediately having similar issues today. It’s doing something but only strange unusable things. Will try these above

OK still seems different than before, but it’s in a usable state now. Will try to tinker some more. Thanks much guys!

im still running xp, and like it better than the newer ones. if youre doing simple things, xp is fine for things like surfing the web, and doing some voip calls via qq. skype no longer works on xp. nor does chrome. uc browser and firefox do though. i got office 2003 on it, and also kingsoft office. for pdf, i use foxit. im also able to watch videos, listen to music using windows media player, and qq player. i have everything ghosted, and deep freeze in case of viruses. if something doesnt run on xp, i run it on deepin linux.

I tried deepin and liked the eyecandy a lot.
However, there were some things about the Administrative power I was left with that concerned me a bit, especially since this distribution is made in China.