Yet Another Fresh Start (Feature Wishlist)

I hate the pinyin nazi. Death to the pinyin nazi!

The Hanyu Pinyin nazi doesn’t really match the reality of life in Taiwan. I would like to propose that the pinyin nazi randomly translate names to various combinations of the romanization systems and the common variants. This will more closely resemble the real Taiwan experience.

The ‘new posts’ at the top of each page is a mod I’d like to see back.

Brian

I stuck it in there last night! You have to be logged in to see it, tho

Oh yeah. It’s just in a different placce, so I missed it. Cool.

Brian

[quote=“Bu Lai En”]Oh yeah. It’s just in a different placce, so I missed it. Cool.

Brian[/quote]

Pardon my blindness but where does it say ‘New posts’ at the top of each page? I can’t see it on any page. :s

[quote=“Spack”][quote=“Bu Lai En”]Oh yeah. It’s just in a different placce, so I missed it. Cool.

Brian[/quote]

Pardon my blindness but where does it say ‘New posts’ at the top of each page? I can’t see it on any page. :s[/quote]
Very top, towards the right – Click on “New” where it says New/24/7

These are spcialized search links: past 24 hours, past 7 days

I use these all the time

How about the “IGNORE” feature?

Is this one returning? I found it helpful.

Please bring back email notifications!

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]How about the “IGNORE” feature?

Is this one returning? [/quote]
Yes, it will be back. But maybe in a different form – there is something called the “Profile Control Panel”. If this is as good as it sounds, we might be able to get a bunch of features back in one fell swoop

I miss the speling cow.

[quote=“Goose Egg”][quote=“TainanCowboy”]How about the “IGNORE” feature?

Is this one returning? [/quote]
Yes, it will be back. But maybe in a different form – there is something called the “Profile Control Panel”. If this is as good as it sounds, we might be able to get a bunch of features back in one fell swoop[/quote]
Thanks!
And the site is running hot, straight and normal…which means …Damn Fine!

Where is spelling cow??? I cant spell rite :homer:

This should be an easy one: favicon.ico seems to have disappeared recently. I no longer have a little happy Forumosa icon on my browser tabs, so now I have to actually READ to find out which is Forumosa.

Another one. Just noticed why I wasn’t getting any mail from forumosa. Mail is being rejected because it comes from host “oriented.forumosa.com”, but that host doesn’t exist:

% host 66.135.38.230
230.38.135.66.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer oriented.forumosa.com.
% host oriented.forumosa.com
Host oriented.forumosa.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

Solution: add DNS record for oriented.forumosa.com with address 66.135.38.230.

The rule that rejects this kind of mail is standard on most mail systems these days, so probably lots of mail from forumosa is just being dropped.