Yet another gun rampage in Taiwan

Well, maybe not a rampage. But hyperbole is standard practice where gun crimes are involved, so…

When this sort of thing happens in the US, the usual suspects start bleating for gun control. Should Taiwan perhaps adopt gun control? Oh wait…

Now let’s discuss what constitutes a valid argument for gun control. Or what constitutes a shooting spree or a rampage. Or perhaps what constitutes a double standard.

There are a lot of guns in Taiwan. It’s not as hard to get as you think.

A true Scotsman would argue then that there’s not enough gun control in Taiwan.

Are you allowed to have a pistol for self-defense in Taiwan?

Or are all guns illegal in Taiwan unless you are a police officer/in the military

Only police, military, gang members, and sexy strippers in police uniforms are allowed to carry firearms in Taiwan.

1 Like

So that guy was prob a gang member? Christ. I wonder why he wasted 3 people and then himself

i was told those people owed gangsters money. they hired that guy to kill those people but police cornered him and he shot himself. not what the article says but hey it was what i was told so.

Is zhongli that ghetto and full of gangsters?

I sure do love being debt free.

Tragic
One man was only 20 and one woman was only 20
The other victim was only 30
The gunman was only 25
Did the Gunman die later?

Vicious killer

It certainly is an unusual crime as far as when I left Taiwan but I guess Taiwan is more violent now

didn’t have gangsters in tommys day then… lol.

There were definitely gangsters but you don’t seem to have cases like this
where a young man goes and shoots three people dead I’ve never heard of
this happening before

It’s a bad trend

In Tommy’s days they had gangs going around in scooters, hacking people’s arms and heads off with watermelon knives.

1 Like

Ah, the good old days.

I remember 5 or 6 years ago some hired assassin (also gang/money related) killed a couple guys in a parking garage in Xi Men Ding.

And 2 or 3 years ago there was a shooting spree at a wedding in Hsinchu, too. All gang related.

The only recent not directly proved to be related to gang activity shooting incident I remember was that CEO who came in the meeting room and shoot his two brothers. Though the question of where he got his gun was never publicized, AFAIK.

Yeah, I remember that one too. Though the shooting might not have been related to gang activity, I guarantee the parties involved were/are definitely related to gang activity of some shape or form. haha

Also, a lot of gangsters mod their CO2 airsoft guns and use metal pallets. They shoot strught through flesh and can penetrate car windows and even thin metals. But pistols are plentiful in taiwan if you roll with that kind of people.

Ah, yes. BB guns. It’s all fun and games until someone loses an eye.

CO2 and BB’s are great for target practice, but I’d hesitate to rely on them for self defense. Maybe slow down a perp enough to get away. Like pepper spray but with more range.

Now, a 9mm is the miminum for stopping power.

they’re pretty scary as they can load a lot of pallets and fire at a high rate without reloading. They mod the Co2 intake so it’s much more powerful. Sure, no stopping power. But it can penetrate flesh pretty well. You might not die like getting shot with a .22 in the flesh. But it’s more about the intimidation factor plus it’s pretty silent so you can unload on someone without people hearing it.

but plenty of .22 .38 and 9mm in the black market here as well.

Yup, heard it too. Used to be a store around a friend’s place where you could buy one. Never dug into it, but they’re around.