Yet another terror attack in Paris

Here’s another one. You get the point. Attacks in the last 15 years. Israel is completely covered.

Ah, funnyjunk.com, thanks.

I’d still like to know where you found the first one, how many years back it goes, and (for both maps) what definition of “terrorist attack” was used. Are the maps meant to be accompanied by textual information so that each incident can be looked up and the death/damage toll calculated (along with the nationalities, religions and political ideologies of the attackers)?

Some people actually do take these things seriously enough to want to know the details.

just found it. The previous map is just last 3 years.

I get why wanton bombing and drone lynchings followed by letting the collateral damage into one’s country as refugees is a recipe for terror. I would just tweak the recipe differently.

Interesting link.

According to CSIS (the American one, not the Canadian one), there were two “terrorist attacks” in Taiwan during the relevant period, both with bombs. No explosions, no gunshots, no stabbings, no violence at all, no deaths, no injuries, no property damage. And no-one claimed responsibility.

I’m not sure if the actual bombing of a TRA train and the daylight decapitation of a toddler were before or after their deadline. There was also some psycho in a schoolyard in 2015, wasn’t there? Or was it 2016?

At the very least, there was the MRT mass murder in 2014, right?

Regarding Obama’s endorsement of Macron, haven’t the Dems been bitching and moaning up a shitstorm about Russian interference in the U.S. election? Isn’t Obama interfering in the French election like this just a wee tad little bit…hypocritical?

2 Likes

There is no way Le Pen can win, it is different to Trump vs Clinton.
First of all, Clinton would have won with the French counting system. Second, she never had 59% voting intentions in any poll. Macron is given more or less 60%, which is a huge margin.
I watched a replay of Thursday’s debate (all of it, how brave :smile: ) and I can’t imagine Le Pen getting more voting intentions after this 2 hours joke.
Macron wins with a score of at least 58%.

Are you criticizing the best president in the history of the universe? Dude, that’s like super racist and bigot. He now deserves another Peace Nobel Price to make up for your vicious attack.

1 Like

Google Image search indicates the map is from here: https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/650-050217-terror-map.jpg

Hey, man, I just can’t relate to your negativity. We’re all, like, part of the human race, you know? And even if my post was racist, it was only 50% racist, because Obama is half white. Do the math, dude!

DID YOU JUST ASSUME MY GENDER?? Don’t you know it’s current year???

Nggghhhh…so triggered right now, I need a safe space.

1 Like

Many pardons, dude and/or dudette. I should have taken a clue from your genderly ambiguous icon.

It looks like that’s just another copy of it.

Acording to the CSIS map, the following countries (plus the micronations) had no incidents meeting the University of Maryland’s criteria in the relevant period:

• Latvia
  • Lithuania
  • Norway
  • Poland
  • Romania
  • Slovakia
  • Slovenia

The other map seems to agree re Poland, Lithuania, Slovakia, Norway and the micronations.

On the other hand, Northern Ireland and eastern Ukraine (if I’ve got my geography right) are not doing so well.

Can you enlighten us about this, Jotham?

Oh boy, have you read through the details of these terrorist attacks? I’m reading the ones in Canada. There are so many comments to be made, so little time…

Japan has some interesting cases. Ditto New Zealand (well, one case). It’s not clear what happened in South Korea’s one incident. North Korea is terror-free! :rainbow:

China’s a mixed bag, some parts safe, some not so safe. Oh look, one incident in Hong Kong…

Vietnam has somehow escaped the terror that afflicts most of Southeast Asia. Man oh man, the Philippines! :noway:

A handful of African countries like Angola are terror-free.

The safest places in North America are Greenland and St Pierre & Miquelon.

In Central America & the Caribbean, Panama, Costa Rica, and some of the islands like Cuba are terror-free, while Honduras, named the “murder capital of the world” by the Economist not long ago, has only three attacks in the relevant period, and only one of them with (five) casualties.

In South America, Guyana, Suriname, French Guyana, Uruguay and the Falkland/Malvinas Islands appear to be the only terror-free zones.

In the Middle East, Oman is an oasis of safety.

Oceania from PNG onwards (excluding “down under”) is paradise.

And of course, the safest continent is Antarctica, despite its shockingly open borders. :idunno:

Open borders, but high barriers to entry, and not much to blow up. The penguins aren’t exactly lackeys of the great Satan.

But there’s rapid development. The population is going to double in no time! :wink:

Interesting that is happening in Taiwan. The same two people were arrested for the two different incidents. But the point wasn’t that terrorism is going on in Europe — you just have to read the news to know that — but rather that none of this stuff, real or attempted, has been going on at all in Poland. Because they are strict with immigration. And Macron wants to punish them because it’s unfair that don’t have their share of terrorism.

What are you going on about? North Korea and terrorism? Are you kidding me? They don’t have immigration problems, mostly countries with problems will be fairly affluent and don’t have normal immigration laws, who don’t act as though they have a border. North Korea is so dirt poor and they keep their border! Same with Cuba. Not only that, they’re on the same team as terrorists; these nations have tyrant leaderships. They want to impose their will on others who are free. North Korea is a terrorist nation itself, threatening democracies.

Vietnam? Look, you’re only going to have many problems where there are a considerable Muslim population, refugee or not, who certain segments may be prone to take up the jihadist position that is often sanctioned by mosques. There is this conflict in Thailand and I believe Myanmar.

Angola? They are half Christian; less than 1% are Muslim, and they are very vigilant against terrorism.

Phillipines have a problem with Muslim separatist terrorism for a long time. Europe is just beginning to get a foretaste of what’s it’s like in some of these nations.

Romania, they are also strict with immigration. Half of their immigrants come from Moldava.

Honduras as the murder capital and few terrorist acts has no relevance. Well, it does, but not in the way you think.

1 Like

I hate to laugh at poorly constructed arguments when we’re talking about something so serious, so I’ll restrain myself and try to avoid triggering your knee-jerk reflex.

All I did was point out some things that are and aren’t on your maps. You’re the one drawing conclusions.

I’ll leave it to the Europeans to explain how Schengen works.

Thanks again for posting the link to the interactive version of the map. Truly fascinating. I encourage everyone to check it out.

At the risk of being laughed at I’m curious as to what your argument is concerning terrorism by Muslim immigrants in Europe and the U.S.